ACC ACC v1.1 preseason rules and driver swap tests Monday/Wednesday

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

They've come a loooong way on UI since AC1 but it is clear that it's not their strong suit. Then again if designing a UI that makes everyone happy was easy iOS and Android wouldn't co-exist.

I agree there are strange polish issues, like slight design differences between elements in the HUD (different transparencies, different corner radius', different fonts in places). - AC1 HUD elements were a total sht-show with no continuity so they're getting better.

They're also still holding back lots of menu options. I understand they cut options back in ACC for a cleaner interface and possible compatibility with consoles. They've come a long way with menu options since the early builds, EA release 0.1 had sfa options by design and they have slowly been 'allowing' more menu options to appease PC gamers, but there are still odd omissions - ie in 1.1 they have added HUD safezones for left and right of the screen to the menu but not top and bottom (probably to help triples users but heaps of people complain about the messages at the bottom being blocked by their wheel!).

I could keep going but I think /end rant
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server will be going up at 7:30pm AEDT (Melbourne time) with 60m practice, qualy 1 @ 8:30 AEDT at Zandvoort. Time scale is 2x and its most likely to be a dry weekend.

It will be 2x 30 minute races with a 10 minute qualy before each race, server password is still "rooztest"

There is a 10 minute mid race pit window, refuelling is not allowed in race but you must change tyres. Don't be stingy on fuel as you cant add any without escaping to pits. ;)
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

4. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Was planning to race tonight but was out and got home later than expected and still had to cook a rotisserie chicken. It's still going now :(
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Awesome fun race tonight gents, thanks to all!

R1 was pretty messy for me after a decent start, went off numerous times and then had the dreaded fuel disaster on the final corner on the last lap before the finish...and that damn straight is just toooo long!

Q2 set a PB with mistakes in it of 1:37.2 - I reckon I threw away about 0.6 which is encouraging in a way. Had a very enjoyable and much more consistent R2 after narrowly avoiding the carnage at T2 and gaining three places. Was trying hard to hold on to 6th at the end with jlynn rapidly catching me but made a mistake trying to defend the inside on the double right hander and let him through - managed to get 7th but it felt amazing and I was sweating buckets.

brilliant.
    Coanda, jlynn777 and tezpez85 like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was some fun racing tonight, I wanted to try a few cars in practice and its a track Im really not that great at yet.

I ended up with the 2018 gtr in the first race as it was the last car I had in Practice. I was still a bit off with it through qualy and only really got any decent pace out of it by the race. Was some good battles as I tried to keep its wide arse ahead and luckily moved from 6th to 3rd thanks to some incidents with cars ahead.

Race 2 I went the Audi evo which I ran a bit last night but still was a bit off pace, I havent touched the setup beyond pressures and incar settings. Managed to squeeze a decent lap in at the end of qualy, but then in the race I had no pace early.

I noticed my right front especially was quite low, possibly a slow puncture off a curb even though I wasnt notified of it. I was fiddling with my pressures to adjust the right side by at least 1 psi and had much more pace from my outlap. I think I set a PB on my first flying lap but also was pretty quick on the outlap + did the full exploitive stop which helped undercut @Rolz who passed me in the first part of the race. Not sure how much was gained on the stop vs my second or so more pace on new rubber. Maybe I started on an old set again :oops: but the car was much nicer with higher right side pressures.

His pace seemed a bit off in the second stint, possibly pressures were a bit lower like mine in the first part of the race. From there the audi felt ok and brought it home still ahead.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For the coming Wednesday I will try the 2x 30 minute races again but this time instead of a pit window it will have a 25 minute max stint time and compulsory fuel and tyres on the stop. I will try and test this tomorrow night to see if it actually works at all seeing there are reports that stint times werent working for some guys in current builds.

The next Monday will be a 90 minute race at either of these 2 tracks, Zolder we only raced recently but its not in the 2019 season. Monza is round 1 of the real season so if we go full length probably we dont want to do the same track 2 weeks in a row.

This can be at Monza if we are to go the 6 race first league season or Zolder if the plan is to go 10 rounds. I am currently leaning towards 6 rounds to finish season 1 pre Christmas and then start season 2 in January.

Minolin has also found what is likely causing the issue with weather, meaning the coming season will be able to use dynamic realistic weather hopefully. This may be addressed in a hotfix if its a small fix or at a later date, if not fixed and tested then rounds will have dry races until it is fixed.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Coanda like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thats what coles is for bud.. quick and dirty.. None of that Gordon Ramsey sh!t.. :p
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Has anyone driven at Zolder since 1.1 dropped? It could very well be me as I don't feel 100%.. I tried 3 cars, two 2018 and one 2019 and in all three cars I was 1-1.5 seconds off my PBs.. Nothing in the changelog to suggest a change in surface grip. Weirdo.. :confused:
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There are changes to track surfaces between 2018 and 2019 layouts, did you try both? Also BOP will be different between 2018 and 2019 tracks that force that years BOP on the cars. Lap times also dont really matter in terms of PB its down to who is fastest in the current session.

I did change up the servers using a test server build Minolin released last night to possibly fix the weather. I setup a server at Monza and Zolder using the same rules and testing PQQRR race weekend format which was broken in the last build. The weather I set is a bit more extreme in these and its 8x time cycle to test more how the weather can change.

This build also supposedly sets higher grid numbers auto limited to track grid spots as I set the servers to 80max. The public servers in the server build we are running are still forcing 30 max but there is another test build that is meant to remove this unless its for private server testing only still.

Here are some videos I made from last nights races, I captured both full races live so you can see the pit exploits I tested. :D Race 2 was a better stop but I think entering too fast and starting engine while stopped should be dealt with as its not really fair to those not trying to game this and is a fairly big advantage if used.

The highlights also seem a bit broken as they only showed the first half of both races, pre 1.1 they showed at least the first 30 minutes and the winner cross the line.

c4rLo5 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I tried both years in SP practice mode. Selecting a 2018 car in 2018 mode id expect to set similar times to what I was getting prior to 1.1. This was not the case. That said maybe it's just me.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There may have also been adjustments made to 2018 tracks that arent in changelogs if the times were too quick. I havent tested yet but will do some testing of rules tonight. We will go with Zolder for Wednesday Monday as its actually a good test to compare current build against a race we did not too long ago.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Coanda like this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks it will interesting to see if it's just me or across the board.

Regarding BoP Aris said a 2018 car running in 2019 will take a slight performance hit so it forces the teams to buy and run Evo cars + they dont want the Evos being showed up by older models and in ACC a 2019 Evo car running in 2018 will also take a performance hit. Personally I just try a choose a car aligned to the Year.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I still can't put my finger on it, initially when I thought I was at work I couldn't see results behind a FW or something, but I'm now also checked my home PC and also results give me a big blank post... but then if I open on my mobile (same internet as home) I can see it... all on Chrome... haven't tested FF or IE.. shame as mobile it sucks to pinch and zoom :(

Anyway great racing all! I had a blast! I really have to refrain from drinking before a race... being 2 parts cut really isn't helping me lol

That new Porsche is amazing, well at Zandvoort anyway... lets see how it goes at the other tracks... it's so much more forgiving for hacks like me compared to the 2018 one.
    R1 was great fun! Almost lost it all when my bro called and I thought it was work... gave him a serve, dude Monday night race night!!! lol
    R2 was super fun... I was surprised for the first few laps how close I was pushing on @marty and we seemed to be pulling away from @andyo450 - a rare mistake by Marty and I managed to pass... then put down some blistering laps down... smashed my qual and previous PB by almost 0.3 so I was in the zone lol
    Dunno why I dropped so much pace in the 2nd stint of R2 - I'm still not savvy enough to know if possibly I put on worn tires? I thought it was because it was less fuel I was having trouble with the front being lighter (if the tank is there)? But in hindsite going from smashing out super fast laps and getting 2secs up on Marty prior to pit to being 1 sec slower easy each lap after there must have been something else there...

@Captain Barracuda ur avatar is truly terrifying... I'm fascinated and repulsed all in one lol
  15. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I'm waiting for the day he puts the Barracuda head coming out of the punani.. :devilish:
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Not sure what is causing that issue with the results mate, but I know that it is totally painful to view the site on phones (even though I have created css for mobile I have not put in all of the split points yet so responsive/adaptive stuff does not work).
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

+1
    Andriod, Note 4, FF. Everything looks tiny.
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

They were a couple of pretty good races for me. Finished higher than I qualified, and at least felt competitive, if not on the pace. On the second stint of race 2, my tyres ended up overinflated which made them a bit slippery trying to hold up guys behind me.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

False alarm on Zolder. Headache and sweats gone = back on my original pace..
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If you have time and want some practice you can always test the server, see ifnthe rules work as expected and if the weather is not too insane. ;)