ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Yeah seemed to work really well! Nice work @marty for working it out...
    I think a new FunRun with some classes (P, PA,A) next Thursday would be really good...
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Thanks marty for your work! Really looking forward to finally racing you guys, what time thursday?

Is there a class for extremely slow drivers?
  3. Rolz

Generally Official Practice starts at 8:30pm AEST
    The AM class is generally ideal for people still learning the ropes of the GT3 cars
  4. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

That will be the class I am in :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Haha, see you there!
  6. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

and for those of us who are "just slow". Or I like to view myself as a gentleman racer :)
  7. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

Now Marty your next challenge is to work out how to block high-pingers ;)
  8. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

What ping do most consider acceptable for close racing?
    Right now I'm seeing 26 & 30ms on the ROOZ's servers but it fluctuates a fair bit.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  9. Rolz

I’d say we’d probably cap it at 250ms when the feature eventually gets enabled.
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Anyone found a decent setup database for this yet?
  11. Rolz

I haven’t been looking in all honesty... though once you get comfortable around the track with the safe setup move to aggressive... though some default car setups are really questionable.
    @andyo450 mention the Audi setups are a bit wack...
    For me the default agressive porsche setup is awful... Break balance is way to far back and the front roll bar way too soft sending the rear out all the time.
    This is why I drive the Bentley... get tire temps right and basically balanced for my driving on every track.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I found most cars default agressive is a good base. Some of the newer cars are a bit off in some combos but I suspect over time all base setups will be updated.
  13. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

I struggle when the temperatures drop. Still trying to learn how to manage pressures and brake ducts settings.
  14. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Most servers online run accelerated time which really affects this. Its not uncommon to see 10-15 degree drops in 10mins which is extreme. Theres nothing you can do to counteract that. Just gotta drive around it.
    Rolz likes this.
  15. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Oh didn't realise they were track specific that's handy. Porsche was one I found really unstable at spa. What are the tyre temps/pressures to aim for?
  16. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

"Just gotta drive around it" ha! There's my challenge right there!
  17. Rolz

yeah everyone is in the same boat... as andy said our servers do have more of a time multiplier than impact this temperature variance... Usually our servers start midday-ish and finish afternoon-ish there is the temp drop that I've only realised is happening (now I can see it in the pit MFD window) as I couldn't understand why my lap times drop off...
    For me I work on
    25psi (I think psi) when around 30deg
    24psi when around 35deg
    27psi when around 20deg
    28psi when around 17deg

very rough as I'm still learning this... I have no app to do all this for me so now I have to look and learn with the wheel 3 stripe tire indicators
    KoAStR likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its really where we hopefully get an update with full session info and at least a basic forecast for all coming sessions.

Currently you dont even know time of day for start of a race until after you left the pits and enter the car. You dont know the timescale either so have no idea if it will get warmer or colder during the run.

There is no incar temp info in sessions other then race and only in the pit mfd window for race which I dont use unless needing to pit which is kind of useless for me. If you could actually see live temps somewhere in the hud it will give you an understanding of how changing temps effect things.

With no future session info its mostly a guess as even servers we set dont necessarily.start at the time set in config. Time scale 1x with a 4pm start is also quite different to 4pm and 24x time scale, with the very limited info we have you really just need to take a guess then figure out how to drive what you have once a race starts.

Sometimes you guess correctly sometimes you dont, in real racing there is still some guessing involved. However they no what time a session will start, a basic forecast and also what time the session will end. The dynamic settings are great but needs a fair bit of work to make your guesses even somewhat educated not just a basic coin flip. :D
    Rolz likes this.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

Whilst we are talking about set-ups and tyres, can you guys tell me if I am doing the right thing re: camber?

My theory is that if the temps are wildly different across the tyre, the camber is wrong, so I adjust camber for each set-up until I get a fairly even balance across the tyre - say within 5 degrees from inside to out. Usually this means taking away between 0.5 and 1.0 degrees of negative camber on most tracks with the car I am using (I have committed to the other boat, the BMW).

To me this feels better, better braking and traction when accelerating, with not too much change in lateral grip...but maybe I have just convinced myself this is working...is this how you guys set camber?
  20. Rolz

in all honesty I haven't really touched camber at all in ACC...
    I've delved into front/rear swaybar and front/read suspension... mostly on the Porsche but thats it at this stage...
    Default aggressive is a pretty good template and the most gains can be made be getting line and length right on a track...