ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Im not Triple A Grade setup expert, but Ive gone the other way. Started with the safe setup and then bought some more negative camber and toe, and higher/lower front/rear ARB to gain turn in and or lateral grip.

In regards to camber, I adjust it until the corners requiring lateral grip are sorted, including monitoring tyre temps that they are in range. Sometimes I will adjust pressure for a bit of compensation.
    Spa is a special case as front tyres and brakes cool over a significant part of the lap.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Interesting - I think what I am doing is focused on the average use of the tyre over the lap (represented by balanced temp) but what you are doing is very focused on certain actual corners or parts of the track where the tyre is used to its limit - which is probably the better strategy.

I haven't played with the suspension/ARB's much yet - I need to get more turn in on high speed corners so will have a look at that later. Also preload of the diff seems to make a lot of difference on corner exits, it seems to work like a soft curve traction control...kind of.

Tbh what rolz says is most applicable to me I think - my own consistency isn't good enough to really say if the set-up tweaks are making much of a difference and I think I am overdriving the car a lot as it is.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For me I still haven't delved too much into setup, more trying different cars at different tracks working off the base aggressive usually. If in some conditions camber is causing issues I will look at it like the 911 gtr at some tracks with very aggressive rear camber sometimes overheating the loaded side rear a bit too much. Then I will drop cambers but as we really aren't doing long enduro races as yet being a bit out in camber isn't a huge deal.

Also with dynamic weather and fairly limited info its mostly still a guess what the track will be in a race so I tend to drive around issues more then try tune them out. However each run I don in any car I will try small changes in setup to make it better, but in general with base defaults, pressure adjusting, roll bars, aero and ride height adjustments you can make cars a little better.

More often then not its never great in a race so incar electronics, bias and driving style is all you have to work with. So learning to drive with and around cars issues and handling traits is a good thing. When we run league seasons in these I don't see any reason not to run full dynamic sessions meaning dialing in a setup before the round still likely wont make it perfect during a race unless you got real lucky. The cars also change a bit during a stint so I would focus more on making a quick qualy car and then something I can be quick and consistant in a race.

Currently I put no focus on qualy pace and just make the car good for a race run then push harder with the same set in qualy. ;)
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @Rolz so .... Acc league Monday nights??
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thanks for the insight Marty, for someone new to this, this kind of perspective is gold, as is everything I am catching in discord and lurking in the forums here. After doing a couple of practice races with some of you guys this week I have honestly learned so much - just in the first few laps (well corners, lets be honest) of a race before you all disappear into the distance (!!!). I have noticed subtle differences in the lines you take and where you brake, how you trail brake etc that have taken literally seconds off my times when I returned to practicing last night, especially on Silverstone and through the fast direction changes there. Playing around with set-ups has enabled me to get better peak lap times but I feel like I have lost some consistency in making the car more 'pointy' - so I have a lot of work to do on my driving in general. But even so, I have to say I am having an incredible amount of fun with this - after getting my first wheel just one month ago, I feel totally hooked on it and like I have so much to learn!
    marty likes this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'd like to, but until results.json file provides decent info so we can split pro/pro-am/am drivers I'm not sure we could attract decent numbers.
    There is a bit of a gap in times across the drivers and if we can split the groups in the race it would make it more enjoyable for all battling in their class
    nanlatt and marty like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Tonight we will have a 1hr fun run at Zolder, to get a bit of a league readiness with base code. But as @Rolz said without getting more info in the results file its a bit limiting atm.

I like the idea of multiclass with Pro, Silver and AM for individuals and for team races add Pro-AM with a driver swap. We can force ratings for all drivers and set standards to move people up a class which should give some good competetition for all in the races not juat for the overall wins.

This will greatly depend on numbers too and how much interest there is in ACC. With AC leagues getting up to 30 drivers in the past this wpuld be nice but I dont think the take up is fully there from AC regulars. We may be getting a few more from other sims possibly and quite a few play pretty much anything that gets a good crowd.

I think we are still a few updates before its properly league ready as we cant even force a sprint race format with pit window.
    jlynn777, Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. Rolz

Might have to manually set mine back to Pro in entry list as there is an issue with online side were I'm currently a AM
    Also I think there might be an issue with the licensing in general as I took note of my SA and it just kept going down even though I had a good trust/km ratio on the Tuesday night...
  9. Rolz

10. JustPuggin

JustPuggin New Recruit

i hope this can help you too, i i know it helped me a lot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-wnbyqBTJDySzDYU2VmHLfrU5MMihSUs/view
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

JustPuggin likes this.
  12. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Hi Guys
    I am buying a new computer in about a months time so I can run it on my simulator I just noticed steam have quite a few games with awesome prices at the moment, can I buy them now and maybe download to a portable drive but wait and install them when i get it all setup
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hey mate - you can buy them on your steam account now and download them later when you get your PC. Whatcha gonna get? Just ACC or something else? I have rfactor2 and wreckfest on my maybe list
  14. Ozglenn

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    i am thinking Assetto Corsa ultimate Project Cars2 and rfactor2 all for $81.99 so cheap and later on I will get ACC
    Rolz likes this.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

Nice! Just bear in mind it looks line the next league will run in ACC.
  16. Ozglenn

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Yep I saw that but I really want to run V8 Supercars in VR .......Can't wait
    Bogor likes this.
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

I hear that!!!!!
  18. Rolz

19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Wreckfest is great fun!
    I got rF2 in 2012... converted over to steam late 2015 since then only accumulated 24hrs gameplay so I uninstalled it a couple of months ago.
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver