AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Wow that Porsche Pack looks cool, can't wait until it comes to PS4.

Also, 2000th thread post! :roflmao:
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Hmmmm, only car there that interests me is the Cayman GT4, will probably still buy this pack though.
    Really hoping the 911RSR, 911 GT3R, 919 Hybrid and GT3 cup car make it in to the final two packs, maybe even a separate pack for race cars?
    The_Spectre likes this.
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    After a bit of googling this morning still no sign of private lobbies on PS4, and am reading reports of as little only 2-3 people being online at times total for PS4 servers. Hopefully they get this sorted after the Porsche packs (which I did read was their aim, but as Abe Lincoln said "Don't believe everything you read on reddit")
    Not really holding my breath, but this brain fart has cost Kunos big time in the console market and it may never be able to be recovered with more and more people turning away from it, a shame really.
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Steam Outs Dates & Contents of Porsche Pack Volumes 2 & 3 for Assetto Corsa
    October 24th, 2016 by Michael Leary
    [​IMG]
    The Porsche 917K arrives to Assetto Corsa this December.

With Porsche Pack Volume 1 set to touch down tomorrow, Kunos Simulazioni have hinted that a slow trickle of information regarding the contents of Volumes 2 & 3 will arrive in due time. It appears Steam hasn’t received the memo though, and have revealed everything in one fell swoop on their database page.

While it’s likely the result of Steam preparing for the Season Pass entitling users to a 28% discount off the standalone prices, it has undoubtedly shed a light on the direction Kunos went with when licensing the Stuttgart marque: diversity. Ranging from modern-day racing metal, to a collection of road cars, hypercars, and even historic racers, there’s something for everyone.

[​IMG]
    The 2015 Le Mans-winning 919 Hybrid won’t be the only of its kind available to players this holiday season.

The contents of the next two packs aren’t the only bits of information Steam have outed. The dates the next two packs can be expected — at the very least for PC users — are also out and tie-in perfectly with the upcoming holidays: Volume 2 releases on November 22, and Volume 3 releases on December 20.

Without further ado, the contents are as follows:

Porsche Pack 2 (November 22)

• 911 GT3 RS
    • 718 Spyder RS
    • Cayman GT4
    • 718 Boxster S Manual Transmission
    • 718 Boxster S PDK
    • 919 Hybrid 2015
    • 911 GT1
    • 962c Long Tail
    • 962c Short Tail
    Porsche Pack 3 (December 20)

• 911 GT3 Cup 2017
    • 911 GT3 RSR 2017
    • 911 GT3 R 2015
    • 919 Hybrid 2016
    • 908 LH
    • 911 R
    For a closer look at the next two packs, you’ll want to act fast and have a look at the Steampages here. Who knows when they’ll be removed from sight.

In much calmer news, Kunos continues to tease the contents of the first pack making its way to PC users tomorrow with the latest in-game look at the Cayman GT4 Clubsport. Powered by a 3.8 liter flat-six engine outputting 385 bhp to the rear wheels, the Clubsport was developed for the track and is geared for performance.

Weighing in at just 2,866 lbs and delivered from Porsche’s factory with a welded-in safety cage, racing bucket seat, in addition to a a six-point harness, the Clubsport plays to its lightweight advantages with unique agility and aggressive driving characteristic around the track.

Porsche Pack Volume 1 will be available to PC players first, tomorrow, October 25. It arrives on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in November.
    WOLFYDADDY007 and KoAStR like this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sweet love to see the old school racers regularly included in these packs.
  6. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

Sweet last pack will be out on my bday
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    V1.9 and Porsche DLC out now on steam. $15 US will get you the season pass saving 28% on all 3 packs
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    PS4 version can suck a fat one. Just bought the Pc version of AC :)
  9. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    spita84 and Spidey_11 like this.
  10. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

welcome
  11. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    You brought a new PC right?
    No way yours could run AC
  12. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Yeah I bought the one from Aldi. i7, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4 ram.
    Should be on AC by Saturday :)
    Sam D Blacklock and Peter Wise like this.
  13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Like I've said from first time I played it on ps4, it is not the same game as the PC version, as much as kunos would like to tell you it is, it's just not, the ps4 game is a very dumbed down version and not as good, the only reason I don't play it anymore is that it's too much of a stuff around to hook the PC up to the tv and my rig every time I want to use it, so yeah it's good but I am a lazy, lazy man.
    AOCleaner74 and Spidey_11 like this.
  14. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    I Have never looked back!!;)
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

PRIVATE LOBBIES ARE COMING!!!

Hi everyone,

Back in August, as many of you know already, Assetto Corsa arrived on console. For the team, this has been a massive challenge and a venture into the unknown, but a challenge they’ve embraced. Since then, our community has continued to flood our social channels with praise, support and constructive criticism. For that, we want to firstly thank you guys. We’re hugely grateful to have such an enthusiastic and passionate community on board who aren’t afraid to be totally open and honest with us! ;) We’ve said it many times now, but it really does mean everything to us!

Now, you’re probably curious as to what’s going on behind the scenes, so let us fill you in…

PRIVATE LOBBIES
    Let’s kick things off with private lobbies, shall we? We know this is a HUGE talking point across our community channels and today, we want to give you guys some more information on where we’re at with this burning hot topic…

We’re pleased to announce that private lobbies are being worked on behind the scenes, and Kunos are working flat out to bring them to Assetto Corsa! Right now, we can’t give you a release date, but they are coming and we will of course update you all with more info as soon as we can. These things take time, so please remain patient with us and continue to support us as you’ve always done – It makes all the difference, trust us!

USE OF DLC ONLINE
    Another major talking point across our community channels revolves around the use of DLC content online. We understand that many of you have been keen to use your content online and haven’t been able to so far. However, this is going to change in a future update. We’re pleased to announce that once private lobbies have been introduced to Assetto Corsa, you’ll then be able to use your DLC packs online!

PORSCHE PACK VOLUME 1
    If you’ve been keeping an eye on our social channels, you’ll know that the Porsche Pack Volume 1 has launched on Steam for our PC players! The response to the pack has been incredible... We’re honored to have such a prestigious manufacturer on board and it’s great to see our PC community having so much fun with it. For console players, the first Porsche pack is on its way and we’ll be announcing a launch date as soon as we can. Volume 1 introduces some of the most iconic Porsche cars ever created, coupled with some of the most recent models of the Porsche 2016 line-up, with the aim to offer a perfect mix between road cars, hypercars, as well as modern and historic GT and racing models. Here’s what you can expect in the first DLC pack…

Porsche 911 Carrera S
    Porsche 918 Spyder
    Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
    Porsche 718 Cayman S
    Porsche 917/30 Spyder
    Porsche 935/78 'Moby Dick'
    Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Remember, if you own the Assetto Corsa Season Pass, the upcoming Porsche Packs are yours to own at no additional cost!

FREE BONUS CONTENT
    Our next major console update is just around the corner and we’ll be talking more about that in a future blog! What we can tell you right now is that in Version 1.09, we’ll be giving our players 2 pieces of FREE bonus content... The brand new and recently unveiled Porsche Panamera G2 Turbo, the latest luxury saloon model manufactured by Porsche, as well as the historic version of the Silverstone circuit!

SUPPORT
    Remember, if you are experiencing issues with the console edition of Assetto Corsa, we want to help! :) Please follow the below steps in order to help us help you...

1 - Firstly, we encourage you to search the CONSOLE LOUNGE and the sub-forums for a solution to your issue.
    2 - If you are unable to find the answer you are looking for, then please check out our FAQ's. This will be updated as and when required.
    3 - Should you wish to speak to someone directly, please head over to the 505 GAMES SUPPORT portal and log a ticket. A member of our Customer Support team will be in touch to help you.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
    We’d like to take this opportunity once again to thank everyone who has shown us some form of encouragement and support since we launched onto console. It means a great deal to everyone behind the scenes and we’re going to continue to push to make Assetto Corsa the greatest racing sim on console and PC.

You’re all so worth it!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
  17. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  18. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Whos We !!!
  19. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    News flash, pcars has got all this already.:sneaky:
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You guys are horrible. Some good news to come out for sim racing, and first you thing you do is :poop::poop: it.

Hopefully when it does come, people can fully enjoy the game as they wanted to.