AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nope validate cache has made no difference :(
  2. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

I think i know why, that mod has two sub folders in it rather than just a car folder, so if you transfered over the mod cotnent folder it would have replaced the stock content folder with the mod. hope you get it all fixed that would be a nightmare. sorry again.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  3. Cherno

search your computer for the content folder or any of the ks_cars. might be still somewhhere on there and thats why its not validating as it sees the files. also check all the folder in your new mod content folder and see if the old stuff is in a sub folder or soemthing.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah yes that's it.. sort of crisis averted!
    Been crook yesterday and today probably shouldn't do this stuff while so tired.
    Loaded up the game and all the content was still there so went looking and yes the folders from the mod had just dropped into the wrong place and not overwritten anything. :oops:
    Cherno likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks though Cherno..
    [​IMG]
    Off to do steam backup perhaps.....
    Cherno likes this.
  6. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I put the miata's on one of these layouts, I havent tried the track so no idea what its like. I also put some alfa gta's at the 1.1 riverside that got recently updated.
    KoAStR, Cherno and Anon666 like this.
  8. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

9. Cherno

10. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

oh my. That calsonic 32.. yep, downloading right now!
    Sam D Blacklock and Cherno like this.
  11. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

awesome car but the sound is horrible!
  12. Cherno

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    ed40t, Driftoz, c4rLo5 and 3 others like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think I remember this guy making a nice version of this for older ISI sims was a fun layout will give it a run for sure.
    Cherno likes this.
  14. Cherno

New cool road car mod released that's actually awesome fun around the recent Mallala track.

Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
    This mod includes the stock Laguna Seca version with 444 bhp, and the Hennessey HPE650 supercharger upgrade with 650 bhp, in it’s two original color combos: Black/Red and Silver/Red.

Race Department did a write up about the car/mod here:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...aguna-seca-released-for-assetto-corsa.134455/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Download:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca.14885/
    Skin Pack:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skin-pack-for-mustang-boss-302-ls-edition.14886/
    [​IMG]
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

mallala is my local track :p
    Cherno likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was good to see a few of you guys in that Raceonoz DTM server at Silverstone national, but after less then one lap I re confirmed my reasoning for why I keep most of my Marty's server MR AB only. 3/4 of a lap casually starting at the back leaving lots of room to everyone I got rear ended 4 times in maybe 3 braking areas. There must have been 8 or more ROOZ guys in there but the extras just make a busy server with ABCN unusable IMHO.

All my servers even if they are AB only should still allow all league guys in through the whitelist even if their rating has slipped and if QC is using a whitelist on the Raceonoz server then this will also be the case. Unfortunately the worst group of drivers are the N rated ones as these have less then 40km in any minorating server and of them the large majority have no clue how to drive. I don't bother with allowing N to any of mine any more and let the people at least get a basic grade somewhere I am not going to be driving. C grade overall takes quite a lot of collisions to go through but if people were to regularly race in large fields in servers like that then getting to C grade I dont think would be too hard.

Point of my little story is having such open servers means your not really giving the league guys somewhere they can go for good casual pick up server racing. If its AB plus whitelist then its quite rare any new guy that joins will cause such issues, also getting more exposure to the league through public servers is great. But I think if the driving standards in there are close to league level which AB only and whitelist would provide then any new guys joining may consider joining the league. Also it would likely mean more league guys will be more open to jump into the pub servers for casual racing but a server like that I personally wouldn't join again and dont see why others would want to either.

ABCN is fine if only a few are in get 6 or more in it will fill up and most of the outsiders will be just ruining it for the others. On my AB servers they may not get as busy but when they do mostly racing will be pretty good, and amazing compared to that 3/4 of a lap I did. ;)
    Pete, Spidey_11, Peter Wise and 3 others like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Regarding the above post it still may be ok to have say an ABN server to allow new people in just best not to mix them with C or D which are already graded as not very good in traffic. Also ABC but anyone wanting the best chance of reasonable pickup server racing should just try get into AB only servers. There are so many MR ABCN servers around and these simply don't use MR for its main purpose which IMHO filtering the server to keep only the better drivers in a server. Lower rated guys should see AB servers as a goal to get into and so improve their driving but if most servers are ABCN there isn't much incentive to grade up and its also not much better driving standards then a server not running MR filtering at all.

Even AB isn't perfect and with no ping limits possible in AC there isn't much we can do about the Euro invasions, which in most cases the guys aren't a problem to me if they have solid connections at up to 350. But have 2 350 ping guys racing each other can never be good. Racing people with sub 250 pings generally is not much different then racing locals, AB you will come across some poor racers too but unlike the more open servers these are much rarer and in ABC or softer access servers if you have a clean race with many casuals in its some kind of miracle.

It just seems that in general most dont understand the benefit of the system, many seem worried when they drop a grade, or arent A grade. Yet they never tend to look out for AB only servers so it should have no impact on them joining the servers they usually join.

Having servers running the plugin is great to help grade everyone in them, but in the end if after grading them most server identifying the good and bad drivers in traffic 99% of servers running the system then allow nearly everyone back in there. I dont care what grade someone is, I simply would rather avoid those that have been identified as not very good. Its not about how fast or slow they are but more how likely they are to hit everyone around them. Those with worse grades can lift their driving standards and then also move to the cleaner servers but after quite a while running this system its apparent no matter how good it is most people don't use it to improve their MP pickup server experience making it lots of wasted effort.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Cherno likes this.
  18. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Had a good laugh at your rage quit. While I agree, I got taken out heaps but i still had fun trying to carve through the unpredictable pack of plebs!
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Well Cherno just had a rage quit in an AB only server as he is still finding all the plebs there, mostly the euro invasion. Clearly the Aussie drivers are much better as its not just a ping issue most of them cant get around t1 at Silverstone GP in the 911 gt3 cup car lap 1. Lap this is barely a corner and t2 the little left is even less of a corner and poses as big a challenge to many.

If it can get relatively bad even at AB when busy then ABCN what I saw in less then a lap lol. I mean there if I had been 200m off track driving along the wall one of the muppets would have found a way to try and give my rear a pounding. @Cherno seems to give off a scent and no matter what they just need to go for his rear but in that dtm server I was amazed how the majority were either drunk or on they play break in the mental assylum.
  20. Cherno

Yeah I've had some bad luck trying to get a clean race in the last few nights, I know im not perfect but alteast i slow down, wait and apologise if i hit someone, but thats quite rare. Maybe the games on sale or the easter break is bring out all the nuff nuffs. It dosent usually bother me that much when we have leauge races on but as its off season there is only pub servers to scratch the itch so have been extra salty. Normally martys servers are good but last few days have been crazy, really seems like MR is not nearly strict enough with the ratings. Evwn people with ABC ratings were just oblivious, racing during quali, blocking hotlaps, swerving all over the road trying to block someone while lapping 5 seconds a lap slower and causing crashes as they didnt know the line. I guess im spoiled a litlle as races here and in the past on martys servers have always been to a very high standard with few incidents. I know crashes happen but its the easily avoidable stuff especially in pub servers that gets annoying. I guess im suprised that so many people play this game without a clue how to race fairly and even proper etiquette in qualifing, the amount of people who join a server without even checking the ping is staggering. really makes you wonder whats wrong with these wreckers and what these people with no clue are trying to achieve.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    marty likes this.