AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Finally hooked the PC up to my rig last night and loaded (eventually) the latest build of AC early access. Started with the E30 race at Mugello and ran it about 10 times! Every bump greets you with a groan and squeak from the suspension, PD are so far behind on these things. Physics felt good, although I was having inconsistent problems with oversteer feel - but I had everything at the stock settings, so I will play with those at some stage.

A further bonus for those who have AC, the multiplayer has gone live. I didn't dip my toe into that yet, but we could have a ROOZ meet and greet some time soon.
    KoAStR and Clevohead like this.
  2. PhillR76

PhillR76 Phill Routledge

Hi guys,

Just a quick heads up for you Assetto Corsa boyz ;)

My league SRA now have a dedicated server up and running...

We are staging some load tests tonight and tomorrow night if anyone's keen to come along for some fun and to assist us load the server up and make the online net code sweat just too see how it handles the stress...

Look for us in the server lobby - www.simracingoz.com Server will be locked, Password is Rev.It
    Oh yeah and our TS IP is 27.131.77.92 with the same password above ;)

So guys, the races for these next two nights will be 20 lap affairs at Silverstone National and 15 lappers @ the Nurburgring GP layout...

Cars will be BMW Z4 GT3 and the McLaren MP412c GT3, nice and competitive on times to make for great racing!!
    Hope to see a few of you guys join the fun to help us test the server and the MP netcode!!

Shags.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice one Phil cheers.

I seem to be having some issues with your server.. well the unlocked one that was up earlier anyway.
    1st attempt there was a repeating car list error and I couldn't join the server.
    2nd attempt I was in the practise session, but never progressed to the race (after >10mins).. everyone else was in the pit box from my POV so I figured there was a connection error and quit. I noticed you were in this session Phil ;)

Haven't had these issues with any other servers, but will try SRA again :)
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    MP is by enlarge a pretty successful alpha release from my experience.

Couple of things need tweaking, but no game breaking glitches by a long shot.. with the MP / online being an alpha release, there is a few known issues. But all I encountered was having to spam the join server button on occasion, missing the green light after a rather hasty race count down, and no external view car sounds once (but I use cockpit view anyway so no bother to me).

The time commitment required for fun and satisfaction is just so much less with cycling server setups than in iRacing. For me this, and the diversity of cars and tyres available is what makes AC so appealing at the moment - not to mention the price difference!
    Clevohead likes this.
  6. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Played some AC again today after a month and a bit. Haven't had a chance to try out MP yet, but wow the Ferrari 312T is addictive!
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Hey fellas new bloke to ac my steam I'd is Tovey_4saken :) look forward to meeting and racing :D
    Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    If there's no servers up that you feel like playing in you can host your own.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\acServerLauncher.exe,

Jeremy was hosting and playing last night of the same rig with no server stability issues. It was easier to organise a bunch of ROOZ guys into one room this way, and of course you can choose the content. I would suggest you also add a password to stop US and EU client's joining with high ping and lagging all over the place, then just let ROOZ guys know what it is via forum or teamspeak.

There's some more info about setting it up here - http://www.atomicsimracing.net/atomic-diy/create-your-own-assetto-corsa-server/ - if you run into trouble, jump on Teamspeak and ask Jeremy! :p
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  9. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

finally!! finished building my new PC and got a taste of AC proper. the vids out there don't really do the model fidelity justice. i'm surprised at how 'planted' the cars look on track too. the physics seem to be awesome and the grip model is convincing enough. i've got the graphics at a middling level and it's screaming on the R9 290X I just bought. time to start fiddling the graphics upwards to see how pretty/playable it can get. it's gonna be a hoot playing this in multiplayer. hope I see you guys out there soon. steam id: tedoki
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi guys, didn't realise it had been so long since I was last here :eek: been flatout, and life keeps getting in the way, but still no excuse really :oops:
    Anyway, great to see so many getting into AC, sounds like a nice rig hairybear, don't think you will have any issues running AC at maxed graphics, if you're interested to see how other simmers have set up their graphics there's a dedicated thread to it @ RD
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa.130/
    Not sure if you guys were aware, but you will also find a string of add-on tracks, sound mods and tweaking info for AC @ RD, seems the community has gone nuts with track conversions, there's a Bathurst too, Some of them are extremely good, one that comes to mind straight off is the Nordshlieffe, there's 2 version out ATM but Nobby's v0.93 is the better of the 2 IMO. Hence Kunos released the track Dev Kit to try and get the community to dev scratch tracks. If anyone here is that way inclined you can download the track dev kit from the tools section on steam.
    So now that I have some time to myself again :D is anyone interested in gettin together for a few AC events in the not to distant future?

Cheers
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'd be keen AJ, depending on the night etc. With limited time and a recent rebuild of the home PC, dead HDD, I still have to get back to AC. Will get the software on this weekend I hope, got tomorrow off as well, yay me!! Keen to try the Bathurst mod.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sweet mate, I'll have most evenings available as of tomorrow night and all through to late next week, (unless the boss has other plans of course o_O) as far as time slot goes, whatever suites you mate. I'm not to fussed but it would be cool to get as many on as possible, make it oodles more fun, so if anyone else feels compelled to join in :D GT3 cars @ Bathurst sounds like some fun or Zonda R @ Nords, plenty of options to choose from. So anyone else keen?? :)
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I reckon we could con Stig and Koaster to join in for a blat.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sounds good Anon, maybe start a regular event one night during the week, if peeps are keen that is.
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

is there a particular server the ROOZ crew congregate on for AC?
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    So who's keen?
    Also, what do we want to race, and where is the next question. I'm kinda happy to run on mod tracks,
    but the defaults are all laser which feel better to drive on.

2x15laps M3-GT2 default setups @ Nurburgring is my nomination :p
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I'm back. Sounds good I'm keen. Agree that the default laser scanned tracks are better. Might as well thrash these first, Nurburgring being an exception perhaps :) Thanks for the tip AJ, I think I only have the other version of the ring... it was OK but I didn't bother getting around for a full lap.... will try out Nobby's. Do you have a link?

@HB, we usually jump in teamspeak to discuss what server to jump in. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/rooz-teamspeak.173/

Often we get in the SimracingOz server. There's a thread up with details for that. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...to-corsa-server-and-mp-code-stress-test.1061/
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Welcome back Koaster, heres the link you requested http://www.racedepartment.com/resources/n%C3%BCrburgring-nordschleife.2270/

Heres a link to the track database use this to find the Oz tracks, Bathurst, Oran Pk, Sandown, Phillip Island and Melbourne GP.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/resources/categories/ac-tracks.8/

Seems there's new converted tracks being released every other day now, but with the car modeling tools being released in V0.20 I'm expecting a stream of mods to come out in the next few months, here's one Ive been keeping an eye on
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/tudor-united-sportscar-championship-mod.82411/

Here's another mod I'm watching on RD it's F1 2014 & GP2 mods, these things look stunning already.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-2014-f1-and-gp2-mod-previews.88586/

AC is gonna be the ducks nuts once these mod teams get there heads around the dev tools, the future of Simracing is looking brighter than ever for us virtual revheads ;):D

Hmmm, Simracingoz server eh!! Phill and I parted company, we had a falling out so to speak. I'm not registered with them, so hopefully this wont stop me getting on there server for some fun AC races.

P.S. Just checked the link for SRA's server, shouldn't be an issue for me unless the p/w has changed.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

thanks I've been a bit lazy with the teamspeak thing. I bought an interim headset when the last one died, but I hate having the new thing's cord strung across the lounge room lol. getting a new wireless jobby this pay I hope. where'd you guys get the Nord track. I could only find the Snoopy version, or are we talking about the same one? I just tried this, after a few installs lol, in the Bimmer GT and i can safely say it was the most f*&king insane 5 minutes I've spent in a sim outside of iRacing.
    It looks like there's some rally stuff coming down mod wise in AC soon too. i'm super happy with how AC is turning out.
    now if they can just fix the world's worst AI...and the mule FFB o_O

edit: gonna be tinkering with AC for the remainder of the week. might catch you guys out there while i'm trying to get the most of the new Hyperdrive rig before heading back to work.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @hairybear you got the right Nords m8, and I agree, it's fecking amazing track.
    Kunos knows the AI suck, plenty of simmers feel the same about it so we can only hope they get them sorted before to much longer, as far as FFB goes, I find AC FFB a little flat but I have my CSW settings up fairly high as I like my FFB STRONG, Maybe tinker with your FFB settings in AC, if that gets you know where try the following link, there's AC FFB settings for every wheel known to man, lol.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-wheel-settings-list.77446/
    Hope it helps.