AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    KoAStR likes this.
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
  3. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yeah I found the FFB page after I posted :oops: I've made some adjustments so it's softer but I just find the FFB very unconvincing still in game. no doubt this is something that will get fixed though as it's still a ways to release build yet, but there is definitely some work to do. checked out a few mod tracks, and a couple are quite decent. I've enjoyed the conversions of netkar's Prato and Newbury. Hungaroring's not bad too. there's a Le Mans one but the trackside environs are pretty broken, and it feels really flat. it's kind of hard to give the mod tracks a fair go after playing on laser scanned ones. the difference is huge. only Snoopy's Nord seems to make an impression. I find the grip on the mod tracks is generally a bit odd too.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Your right @hairybear, the FFB definitely has room for improvement, and with time I guess it will, as you said mate, "still a ways to final build release", I agree that quite a few of the mod tracks are lacking in track side candy, TBH I don't have time look track side, I'm always to busy trying to stay on the black stuff mate :eek::D unless Ive stuffed it in the fence after a tank slapper, lol.

Snoopy's Nord is exceptional, shame it will be short lived, Kunos are in the throws of laser scanning the Nordshleiffe now, will be released in Sept along with 10 cars as a purchasable DLC from Kunos/Steam, not sure if there's gonna be any other content in the DLC, I'll try to locate some concrete info on whats coming, here's hoping they've ironed out all the current problems by then.

Cheers
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I'm really enjoying running the KTM Xbow around Nordschleif by Snoopy. Actually I thought the FFB was pretty good after tweaking some settings. Environmental effects feel quite lively even compared to iRacing. On my G25 at least, probably different on other wheels.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Sounds like I may need to go and do some more tweaking with the FFB myself, seeing as Ive hardly touched it from default set up, these Fanatec wheels have loads of settings to get the FFB just right. And so they should for what you pay, lol.

Any Idea's when we might fire up a few AC events? sole of my right foot is getting itchy ;)
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Also the Ferrari 312T is EPIC at Nord.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    A fair bit of over-steer tendancy to tame here to scrape in for gold on this special event.
    This in-game skin looks freakn' sweet too.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    hairybear, Clevohead and AJ.Scott like this.
  9. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

Freak! i could only sneak into bronze by a whisker myself lol
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  10. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

I know these guys are Italian but they must have a soft spot for Bimmers. these cars sing while most of the Lotus' feel awful lol
    AJ.Scott and KoAStR like this.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol. Some of them are quite challenging eh? It's good fun, and good incentive to work on dialling in a decent setup. I can share you mine for this if you like, although there's not much to change in this car so it's fairly simple tuning.

I got gold in the Lotus Exos 125 in the "Alesi says, step on it" special event at Mugello.
    After that I thought I would be in good stead for "A quick one" event in the LE 125 Stage 1 around Silverstone... after 50 odd laps and tuning I was agonisingly close to gold with a 52.187s, but still couldn't nail it. It was getting late though and now I have some more ideas to try out when I'm fresh again.
    hairybear and AJ.Scott like this.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah, Ive had problems with that BMW M1Nvidia challenge too, although Ive only had a few runs at it, I find the car very oversteery, but I'll get it over the line 1st in the end, we West Aussies are a tenacious breed, lol.
    I find some of the challenges are just that, some are easy to get gold, others are near impossible, and it only takes one bad entry or exit to lose those crucial seconds that get you gold. Ive found that in most cases if I make a few corners in a higher gear I can gain some time, but I think it's more about being quick N clean, pain in the arse that you usually start 11th, if I started mid pack I'd blow em away every time. Also if the AI didn't do random silliness while I'm trying a pass em would help too, or jump on the brakes while I'm behind em during corner entry, after the braking zone, resulting in me rear-ending em or panic braking and losing momentum and time, but I suppose that's half the challenge eh!
    Still hopeful we can get a weekly race going with AC in the near future, The GT3 cars (BMW Z4 & McLaren MP4) would be a great starter event IMO, or even a one make series, I'm very keeeeeeeeeen :D;)
    hairybear likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Aha I forgot you were in WA too. Good to know we are in the same time-zone.
    I agree, rolling through in a higher gear can often be a good strategy to minimise upset to the car and maintain momentum.
    The AI is rubbish eh, but I think I have conquered all the quick race events. Even if you run default setup, make sure you check your tyre choice. Sometimes the default is not the softest tyre available and event will still be challenging with more grip.
    Definitely keen for some regular racing. Probably weekends are the best bet for me. Even some ADHOC Enduro style events could be good if commitment / numbers for weekly racing is difficult.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah mate, proud West Aussie, northern suburbs here, up near Mindarie Keys ;).

I tend to run in default setup for the 1st few challenge attempts, if I can't make headway I then look at possible setup changes, I have found that knowing the track is a major advantage too.

Ditto on the regular racing, I'm good anytime of the week or weekend day or night, I can even offer myself up for any track/car combo testing if need be, or anything that may help to get things rolling in regards starting some AC races :D, Ive got a fair bit of time on my hands due to being a disabled old fart :p, so I'd be happy to help were I can :) :cool:.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I do the same. I've found the default setups are actually pretty good. If end up changing them it's more tweaks than a major over haul.

Lol. :D I think getting a server organised will be the biggest hurdle. Once we're across that it's just a matter of turning up really. All the content is great, I'd be happy to run any of it. Although I understand it is possible to host your own, I haven't tried it and not sure if there's any impediments to host and play on the same PC (grunt / bandwidth) - But one of the other guys was doing it successfully a few weeks back:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-netkar-pro.579/page-4#post-43300
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    There is a much easier alternative. Start up another iRacing league :p
    hairybear and AJ.Scott like this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah I reckon do that too, along with an AC server, the more the merrier I say.

I read that thread a few days ago mate, I would host a server, but I'm afraid my B/Band connection is so lame I even have trouble watching UTube vids, Buffering is just hideous :mad::confused:.

Ive been tossing up the idea of building a server with my son, and acquiring a static ip, but once again I would need heaps more bandwidth for it to be successful, and not one of the ISP's here in Perth can get me the speed or stability to run a home server, the old copper cable is screwed, Im lucky to get 100kbs download after 3pm once all the schoolies get home:eek:, and like a plague eat all the bandwidtho_O. NBN wont pass my house for another 3yrs yet either, so my home server plan was shagged before it even started :(.

TBH Id be happy to help fund an AC server on a monthly basis, or maybe even fund it entirely, as long as it wasn't to expensive, we could always start one with minimal slots, say 10 to start, and as demand grew, increase the slots as needed. Dunno how much they are, but I did see an ad from an east coast company a few weeks back offering AC servers here in Oz at reasonable rates. Will try to locate it again.

Would like to know your thoughts on this guys, and whether ROOZ has a server provider that's preferred or recommended? I'm sure I could assist in, or fund, an AC server, I'm open for discussion on this anytime ;).
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hairybear likes this.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    All good KoAStR, I do realise that most ROOZ members are pretty busy with GT6 & iRacing, hence my purchasing of both titles, also the link you posted was what I was referring to in my previous post regards AC server services, thanks for that :)
  20. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

i'm interested in the self-funding idea as well. ideally a server group doing AC and rf2 would be mint, although probs unlikely.
    AJ.Scott likes this.