AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I had a chat with the CEO of recreation & hobbies ;) and basically I'm good to fund an AC 24slot from the Rack Service crew that KoAStR linked previously, I did a quick currency conversion and it works out at less than $7 a month for a 24 slot, which includes a TS channel, not sure if there's any administration costs on top of the basic price, but I'm defo going to make some inquiries with Rack Services this week.

Yes an rF2, AC server service would be the go, but as you said mate probably unlikely we'd find one, which just means 2 separate services for the 2 Sims, but at this point I'm more interested in fostering a following for AC;)
    KoAStR likes this.
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Okay, the highly anticipated Assetto Corsa GP2 mod has been released today as a Beta v0.9, this will be updated again soon to V1.0 as the audio and some other files are still to be finalised, but from all reports it's FKN awesome mod.

https://www.mediafire.com/?p2puwk68pnu48jb

Install in the usuall place: Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\, for 64Bit, or,
    Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ for 32 bit systems.

EDIT: Heres a little taste of what this mod looks & sounds like :)

Cheers
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yeeeeew Golded the "Drift Legend" Special Event - E30 Drift at Imola! Sweating by the end. :confused:
    E30 drift result Imola SE Drift Legend Gold.png

Attached Files:

Anon666 and AJ.Scott like this.
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Nice run mate, I gave up on the drift challenges, just cant seem to keep the car controlled enough always end up facing backwards :oops::mad:o_O
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @KoAStR have you tried the GP2 mod?
    I had a run in it the other day but had some issues with throttle control, I had no take off drive and the throttle just seemed to fluctuate till I hit 150kmh then it would behave normal, made using 1st to 3rd very interesting indeed :eek:
    Apart from that the short stint I had in the car was awesome, cant wait to get the glitch sorted so I can drive it properly, I can see these being popular in leagues ;). Speaking of which, I will go to Rack Services site and inquire regards the AC server, seeing as there's been no reply to my post in their thread :(, might start an EOI thread, see if I can muster up some interested AC drivers and when they would wanna run some events, if any, what do you think?

Cheers
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I was pleased with that drift run! :D Takes about 30-35mins solid drifting to accumulate that many points. :confused:
    I gave it a nudge the night before and came up just ~1000pts short after straightening up to early when the clock was out. :mad:

Nah I haven't tried the GP2 mod yet. Glitch sounds like a pain.

Rack Service probably isn't monitoring the forum since they didn't get an instant response..... try the contact link they provided http://rackservice.org/index.php/contact-us

Would be good to muster up some interest, even if it's just a one off event to start with. :) Easy to work around peoples other RL and racing commitments then.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Mate I couldn't keep that up for 30min, id end up in heap at the base of my rig, lol.

Here's hoping there's a fix eh!

Yeah mate already bookmarked em the other day after visiting their site. :cool:

I hear ya mate, can only put it out there and see what response it gets, I don't expect to garner a full server instantly.
    But I think there's enough of an AC following here already to promote some good races.

Cheers
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'm keen, but will be rubbish as I don't get on it much. Lock in a night, not Sundays and I will aim to be there. Just let me know the car, track, what setup etc.
    hairybear, KoAStR and AJ.Scott like this.
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Cool Anon, it will probably be a week night to start, but we will see were we end up :cool:;).
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Will be arranging the server tomorrow, I'm going to prepay for 6mths, this is less than $40AUD so no biggy.
    If your an Assetto Corsa enthusiast and know others who would like to join us, or your a member of another site and their cool with promoting other leagues, then spread the word, ROOZ AC server is coming very very soon.

Cheers
    KoAStR, hairybear and Anon666 like this.
  12. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

like KoAStR i'd be happy to help as well with the financing of a server. as for regular attendance I am unfortunately tied up with my work shift (4 on 4 off 12+ hours night/day shifts) so I can only make a regular race session probably 2/3rds of the time at best. i hope this hits off as AC will make for some solid racing. maybe promote it a little over at the iRacing forums?
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  13. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

i can't drift for s&*t in this game, even less so than others lol. what kind of wheel setting do you use KoAStr? i use the full 900 degrees on a G27...maybe that's a bad starting point? i was trying to drift for a good 40 minutes and just couldn't get it going (or finishing moreover).
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks for the support HB, mate just having you join in when you can will be awesome, I will attempt to cater AC events to meet most racers needs time wise, but this is something Im not overly concerned with ATM, once there's a consistent group of drivers each week I can look at getting more serious with leagues, championship points, Enduro events, etc.

I will be putting it out there that ROOZ is setting up an AC server, 3 places to hit 1st are Racedepartment, Driving Italia and the AC site, then there's NoGrip, XGN and the rest of the race sim sites, so plenty of places to drop the word ;).

Cheers
    hairybear likes this.
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Assetto Corsa has been updated to v0.21, judging by the list of improvements final release cant be that far off.

- Multiplayer Improvements : New server version available
    - Multiplayer Gameplay improvements
    - New Post Processing Effects engine implemented
    - Implemented booking-less server joining
    - Physical Dynamic track implemented
    - Shader fixes and improvements
    - Time Attack fixed start with too much time
    - Fixed AI starting at the same time in qualify
    - AI improvements, better gas control and understeer detection
    - New Car : Lotus 98T
    - lotus elise sc, exige 240R, scura, exige s roadster speedometers corrections
    - changes in speedometers visualization depending on UI options and car design
    - Tyre damping modifications for all cars
    - Ideal Line improvements
    - Improved Python Apps error handling on loading
    - Dynamic wing controller now use setup value as initial angle value.
    - Localization fixes
    - Time Difference displayer improved
    - Fixed camera triple screen & driver names
    - Fixes in Replay for cars with animated suspensions
    - Fixed "You have been sent to pits" issue
    - GUI forms default position not overlapping with system messages anymore & GUI Improvements
    - Showroom updated with the latest graphic engine improvements
    - ksEditor updated with the latest graphic engine improvements
    - Per-Car New setup option to customize Force Feedback
    - Disabled AI in multiplayer events
    - Replay size reduced by half
    - Fixed crew placement in multiplayer events
    - Virtual mirror remembers its last state & virtual mirror improvements on triple screen cfg
    - Fixed mirror rendering bug
    - Adjustable brake balance while driving, for cars that support the feature
    - Adjustable brake balance in the physics brakes.ini file
    - Brake balance working with all the control configurations
    - Fixed wrong time reported after Booking

Ive highlighted what I consider to be outstanding features or additions, the booking-less server joining is brilliant as the booking system was killing online play, this sim just keeps impressing me with each update.

EDIT: v0.21.2
    - Adjusted Traction Control assist on Lotus 98T
    - Added app "post process filter" to switch between different Post Processing effects combinations
    - Adjusted Lotus Evora S side windows

Cheers
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    hairybear likes this.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    If only all developers would fix problems as they arise...no names, just saying!?!??
    Clevohead and AJ.Scott like this.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK lads, if I get a chance to fire this up in the next few weeks, can you help me out with a few things.

Is there an easy way to figure out what settings will best suit your video card?
    I know that there are certain apps that work in-game. Are there ones worth having?
    Is there a website that has some basic car set-ups or a basic overview of how to do the set-ups?
    And why am I such a dim-witted noob?
  18. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

knock the 'HDR' and 'motion blur' settings on the head for starters as these seem to make the biggest difference. after that I found adjusting the 'faces per frame' and reflection sliders helped. I don't see any performance gains messing with the antialiasing or antrioscopic settings on my card.
    I can't help with the other questions as I too am a dim-witted noob!
  19. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

- finally
    - needed badly
    - and thank heavens...

I'd like to see them do some work on the runaway grip loss and the weight shift mechanics too as they both seem to need a lot of love.
    KoAStR likes this.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yeew Lotus 98T. Long time coming, had a pic of that one in the OP since day one! Looks like a good update, been hanging for some new content.

I use 900° on a G25 and the H-pattern shifter. I think it's perfect. Make sure your FFB isn't too heavy, but not too light either. I use 100% strength in the logitech profiler, and 90% gain in AC. Damping set to 0%, the rest as default.

Some tips for drifting:
    • Just like driving fast, drifting is about being smooth, and practise.
    • Approach a corner slowly. Much, much slower than race pace. Remember you need heavy throttle application to start your drift, so you don't want that exceed your front grip limit and push the front out.
    • Consider your entry track position carefully, You want to maintain as close to a constant arc as possible while drifting, even if the corner has a late/early apex and/or changing radius.
    • Generate some rotational momentum before entering the corner, like a scando flick, but not too aggressive. Lightly tap the brakes if you need to help bring the weight of the car forward more. This is generally easier than using the hand brake.
    • Don't turn in too hard, use the throttle to steer the car, and as you apply the throttle and feel the rear breaking loose, 'throw' the wheel to counter steer. Virtually let the wheel go and slide through your hands, it will naturally spin to keep the front wheels into the slide. (you'll never steer fast enough going hand over hand) Commit to using as much lock as possible. Grab the wheel again at the balance point to make fine adjustments, but still control your turning radius mostly by modulating the throttle.
    • Don't always just floor the throttle, a bit of pump even if it feels like you're nailing it will help stop the wheels spooling up on you so you can better maintain control of the slide. This lets you use the throttle to transfer weight back to front. In fact sometimes lift off oversteer works better to keep the back out if you're bouncing the limiter too hard, and more throttle will sometimes help stop you spinning out. But still have some smoothness to your inputs.
    • Try and use a higher gear with more torque than one that jumps you straight to the limiter. In the E30 I almost exclusively use 3rd gear.
    • All the way through the corner, but particularly on exit, look to where you want the car to go, not where it's pointing or the apex. This often means looking out the side window! As you approach the exit try and slowly straighten up the wheel in anticipation so you don't tank slap. Remember you don't have to exit straight, but can 'apex' the outside of the corner and continue sliding toward the other side of the straight away, this can give you more time so it's not so frantic.
    Hope that helps.
    Maybe sometime I will try and make a video of my inputs overlay with the game window.. although the virtual steering wheel on the in-car views I have already published is pretty much one-to-one with my wheel inputs.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    AJ.Scott and hairybear like this.