AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    second vid.
    stucar17, incey and SPL Racing like this.
  2. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    total opposite to pcars, BOING!!!
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Rather be magnetised than bounced into a wall pretty disappointed.
    Sound is nice though, graphics looks good.
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    the graphics are a little less than Pcars. The rear mirror is terrible quality compared to Pcars. The menus on track are hard to understand right now and I can't find an easy way to check eveyones lap times other than to go back to pits (qualy or race) then search from there.
    At the end of the online races it doesn't show a results screen showing where you finished or the fastest laps, it just punts you straight back to pits while waiting for others to finish, then it starts the qualy session over again
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

LOL Welcome to AC, result screens are not their Forte :laugh:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  6. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Yeah I've found the physics of the cars really good but in terms of online it's just woeful especially not being able to have private lobbies. I don't think it's worth the $90 outlay and should be at the most $60. I look forward to see what it is like with PS VR but for the time being I don't think it's a PCars killer for console which is a shame.
    stucar17 and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Definitely needs a lot of work to be a serious alternative to pcars. Also do not think it is worth the money. Pcars is a lot more polished. Not even an option as it is.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  8. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

This game has finished pcars for me, really love this game and had a blast last night playing with a near full room of ROOZERS.
    Spidey_11, KoAStR, Zachery and 2 others like this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Will definitely have to play it some more, overlooking the lack of private lobbies it's a solid game, returning it almost instantly seems a bit silly.
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  10. Konnor McCluskey

It's a shame but still having a blast, do my event tonight Jono and it might change your perspective
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I love it , top game .
  12. Anthony

Anthony Rookie

PSN ID
    AnthonyChaplin
    I'm agree with most of the comments in here. All the negatives and positives, in about the same order. It's funny I think you get used to Pcars after so long so anything different is good enough.
    My first crack at assetto on ps4 was full of disappointment, all ten minutes I could stand of it. Shifter didn't work, could aligh my FOV, car handling was all over the place. I jumped back for around an hour, plugged my shifter into USB, changed the FFB settings dialled down the AI and just took it easy for a bit and it was great, couldn't turn it off. Yep it's got day one problems but I can see the potential. The game itself is way off the PC version but the physics, sound, AI and a lot of other aspects makes me want to not stop playing.

Anyone that's canned it I urge you to slow down, get used to the handling model for a bit and just explore what it has to offer. I'm pleasantly surprised. I won't be able to make Connors room tonight but I'm looking forward to catching up with you guys online over the weekend and giving it some more time.

That's my thoughts and opinions from my limited time playing last night. Take from it what you will but I'll be last on Sunday because I'll be on AC all weekend.
  13. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Ok you've given me a second wind I'll try it again this was the first time I preordered a game I suppose I was having high expectations really wanted to race in my own room. Even participate in a ROOZ lobby but maybe that will change so I'll bite the bullet and wait to see what happens.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  14. Konnor McCluskey

I have an event tonight mate if you wanna join? Near full room so will be good
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  15. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Got the below quote from a comment on prc.net. Take it with a grain of salt but it would be great to see private lobbies patched in.

''Disastrous release yet again by an ill prepared developer looking to establish themselves on the console market. A couple of guys I race with regularly received the game ahead of schedule and basically told others to cancel their preorders due to the multiplayer component being a complete farce and missing even the most basic features you’d expect in a console released racing game in 2016. One of these guys received a message back on Kunos’ Facebook page saying that the next patch “in a couple of months” will contain private lobby functionality… don’t expect this game to last long if that’s Kunos’ timescale to implement the most basic of features, particularly when trying to appeal to the console market.''
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  16. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    What time is your event mate? Would be good to have a crack be a race with some ROOZERS again after I do some uni work.
    TheJuzzy and stucar17 like this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    last night was great, wasnt it. i was in tears of laughter sitting in the pits. the driving was excellent. side by side worked a treat. and when you hit a car it actually bounced off you instead of activating magnet mode. how good do some of the cars sound too!

i think ill get into the career mode, and race in some fun lobbies after this season odf PCars, and await word on private lobbies. Pcars is gonna feel so :):):):) when i get back into it on sunday. but i guess i should finish the current season.

EDIT: i should add that the laughter in the pits was caused because you have manual control in pit lane and a few of us decided to light it up in there. was one of those "had to be there" moments.
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  18. Mael

Mael Professional

One thing about Kunos so far is unlike a lot of other game developers there are continuous support and development. Yeah the game you bought is not a finished product and probably never will be. There are no final end goal in mind but rather a process of continuous improvement.
  19. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    This game is great apart from the the already stated issues. But one thing that really f***s me off is the fact that i had the AI on hard difficulty through the career, did the first 2-3 races and was about 1-2s a lap faster against the AI and then all of a sudden in the next race there is 2 AI cars that are 1-2s a lap faster than me and are impossible to catch, so i put the difficulty to easy and they were just as quick if not quicker, however the pitted on the last lap for some stupid reason and i won, however, i then put the difficulty back to hard and won the next race, then i got to the BMW race, where i had to use an old BMW M3 against all these new BMW's. I couldn't even get out of last place, so yet again i dropped it back to easy, and spent 2h trying to win and even with pace faster than PC guys on YT (That have won this race) I still only won because the front 2 yet again pitted on the last lap :mad:.

Then we get to the "special events"....................
    To get a Gold medal at Zandvoort in the Merc AMG GT3, I have to do a 1:38:000 or better, yet apparently the world record is only 3 tenths faster than that, so after trying super hard and only getting a 1:39:007 i thought maybe it was bugged and they made a mistake, so i went to try a few others and they were ridiculous as well, like i'm talking next level impossible, no matter how good you tune a car its still impossible, and i have no idea how they screw something up like that, its just unbelievable.
    Gonna give them a week to sort something out, so i might actually take my copy back then buy it again with the money i got back, if they actually fix it. This is a mega embarrassing moment for Kunos, surely the news of GTS releasing in November made them :):):):) themselves and release a un-tested, un-finished game so that way their DLC comes out on console before everyone jumps to GTS.:cautious:
    Sucks to see so much potential gone to waste, a bit like my life really. :D
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

The AI is apparently several patches behind the PC version in which it has been improved considerably.

As for the special events I agree the target times are way out of reach. It's like the red bull x2010 challenge in GT5 all over again except on a much larger scale. Hopefully they reduce the target times in a patch like PD did.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.