Bruce Hale Racing (BHR) Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by SPL Racing, Feb 12, 2015.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Welcome to Season 5, for those of you who were in BHR last season, welcome back, to the new comers, I'm sure you will find this team to be very helpful and passionate about our racing. The reason most of you are here is due to both your on track pace and commitment to turn up each week and give it your best. This is by far the biggest season at ROOZ and wether you are a seasoned driver or new to the series no one will have it easy this season.

Although the teams championship is important to us we are all one big familiy here at ROOZ so we should all work together to improve our skills during the week as we want to race... and win again net the best opponents we can, but when we hit the track on Sunday night it's on. We will have a private chat convo for inside tips on strategy etc each week to give us an edge and help those that are a bit short on practice time.

Our team is not completely finalized as yet but the line up to date is as follows
    Division 1
    @Beau_Albert @zampli
    Division 2
    @damo_heato @CobMcCool
    Division 3
    @Crunch @anarkie14
    Division 4
    @Tanktex @DekGT5mad @SPL Racing
    Division 5
    @Stiffsht @Footlong_warrior
    Division 6
    @Killercarlcox69 @mmm_homebrew
    Division 7
    @GTslideways @colin-50_ @maximuscatticus

I would like to also announce @Stiffsht as your new Vice Captain so if you have any issues you can talk to him or myself.

Our team colours are a silver car body (chrome is also acceptable cause it looks badass) with sublime green wheels.

More drivers will be added to this list in the coming days as the draft process continues. I wish you all the best of luck.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    Tanktex and Crunch like this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Best of luck to all BHR Racers this season, we came close last season, but with this line up, i think we may be able to go not 1, but 2 better!! Love this team so will be working hard to get some strong performances and ill be sure every week to upload a hot lap to hopefully help you all find a tenth here or there :) So boys, lets go race harder than a man possessed and get that teams title for the ROOZ Legend that is Bruce Hale! BHR BHR BHR!!!
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  3. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i am happy to still be in BHR and i'll put 110% in each and every week just like last season
    lets finish what we started last season and grab that top spot BHR BHR BHR BHR BHR

but this time we got the best @mmm_homebrew in town lol
    Killercarlcox69 and SPL Racing like this.
  4. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That would be awesome bobo, I know that we could all learn a lot from our resident alien. Also it would be awesome if you could design us a new team banner that we could put on our profiles seeing as though you are so damn good at them.
  5. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    We here at ROOZ pride ourselves on clean, fast and fair racing. Penalties can be harsh and ruin what may have been a great result. Not every corner is a passing opportunity and we are not racing against the lame GT AI. Give other drivers the same respect you would like in return. If the new guys could take some time to read the driving regulations at the link below. If you have any issues on track be sure to save your replay and view the incident before taking up a protest with your room captain or mods.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Tanktex likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'm no expert like Mr.Bond, but i'd be more than happy to give it a crack :)
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Not was, IS. Legends live forever.
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    My apologies :( All fixed up now :)
    t_b_williams and SPL Racing like this.
  9. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    maximuscatticus likes this.
  10. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks mate go B H R
    SPL Racing and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    The fact that all of you guys are here at ROOZ shows that you are all well above the driving standards of most GT players, but have you ever wondered what makes the aliens in Division 1 so damn fast? I think it comes down to being aware of what your car is doing at all times and how your actions affect the cars behaviour. I think it comes automatically to most of us who have been playing for years and if asked to explain what we do would find it hard to put into words.

The alien master class thread below has some great videos from iracing that break down all these things that we do without thinking, I know that GT is a bit different to iracing but the ideas are still the same. There will be a bunch of stuff that you will already know like apexes and turn in points but there might be a few tips that can shave a few tenths of your laps times without trying too hard. With such close racing at ROOZ and stacked grids a few tenths could be the difference between running at the front of the pack or mid pack in your divisions.

They are only pretty short videos but well worth a watch.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/alien-masterclass.1404/
  12. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Just re posting from @Stiffsht
    welcome back guys & for you new blokes welcome to the best team in raceonoz BHR!! we are startin to get a strong and proud history at BHR even tho we try not to take it as serious as other teams we'v had dramas last 2 seasons but Cob was mc cool and kept the ship afloat our 1st captain bailed early leaving a mess for cob(we came last) but with taking a few gambles & some nice buys we got 3rd last season and shocked most (we should of got 2nd& maybe had the same amount of drivers as every1 else but like i said dramas) spl has gone with a similar line up as tank said no team of champions but a champion team!! we found consistency payed big time.
    il have a BHR room open tues,thus&satdee nights around 8pm vic/syd 7pm qld if you cant make 1 of these days or time lets us know and we'l work around it.. the guys are always helpful.. Beau is our speedsta if u want to fly around a car park faster than any1 talk to him:sick: cob track tech,car handling & cornering advice:eek:tank track tech,best line fast corners overall distance strategy:geek: and if u want to stay on the track at a slow pace thats me:thumbsdown: need damo around abit more:thumbsup: oh and foot he'l tell u the ins & outs of a donkeys arsehole mayb move on to horses then camels:roflmao: lol iv learnt so much!! but jokes aside the game is frustrating enough so we'l try have fun without gettin to serious
    CHEERS fellas & il see you on the road skagg:thumbsup:
    Killercarlcox69 and Tanktex like this.
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Also just to add to SPL there, i do have a club available for only us at BHR so we can talk tactics so if your up for it, go ahead and throw me a PSN Friend Request at BeauAlbert6 and i'll be able to invite you into the club :) I'll be posting my hot lap of Silverstone with some tips tonight as well if all goes well! :)
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just remember that, here at ROOZ, we are all one BIG team. So while you may use private conversations for team tactics etc, you should never disallow anyone from participating in anything.
    This is one of the reasons all 'team practice sessions' will allow any ROOZ member to come along and have a chat/drive.

Remember, if anyone asks for assistance/tips/help, you should be happy to provide!
  15. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    sounds very serious mate yawn!!! surly you could of put that in your own post so e1 can see it??? not here??
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    most people are already aware of it as it trickled down from the Captains
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'm well aware don't worry :) Im actually in a lobby with an NLR Div 4 driver right now helping him out and im always open to help other drivers. But i am of course going to be extra helpful to my team if they ever need assistance :)
  18. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Hat was eluding to no private club lobbies should be used for team practices as it would mean only members of that club would be able to see and join it. Team practices should be held in either open or friends only rooms ( stability purposes ) thus allowing other ROOZ members to join if they so wish.
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I personally, don't see an issue with it.... i get where you are coming from though with everyone should be allowed to join a ROOZ room and be welcomed, but i still think private lobbies should still be ok to have.....
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Bottom line, try not to exclude any ROOZers. If there is a room open with space to join, the more the merrier!
    Beau_Albert likes this.