Bruce Hale Racing (BHR) Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by SPL Racing, Feb 12, 2015.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    A lot of drivers with no result tonight with Zamps, Damo?, crunch, Dek, tank, footlong, max and GT either DNS or Dsc. But I don't think it was just us, seems PD was on a rampage tonight. Congrats to @Killercarlcox69 for another win and bobo for his div 1b win. Also @Stiffsht with his podium after starting from the rear of the grid.
    Stiffsht likes this.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

sorry, only had time to put up a quick msg in shoutbox, had to stay back at work unfortunately :(
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
  4. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah i saw that mate, bad luck
  5. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That sucks, there was some strange stuff going down last night. We reset for quali and we all got booted
  6. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Ok guys here is the weekly wrap up for round 2 at Tokyo Reverse.
    It was another up and down week for BHR but we still came away with good points with the usual suspects bagging some decent results. Out of our 16 drivers only 8 made the full race distance.
    Div 1 - @Beau_Albert continued his dominance of 1B and took the chequered flag for the second week in a row gaining maximum points but no protest was going to stop him spraying the champagne (hope they didn't check your ID)
    Unfortunately @zampli couldn't make it this week.

Div 2 - @CobMcCool improved on last weeks race with a sixth place finish and a handy 10 points. Still no @damo_heato for round 2 but he should be back this week to back up Cob.

Div 3 - @anarkie14 has a fierce battle and just got pipped at the post by a whisker and had to settle for 7th place and with another week under his belt i'm sure he will be right up the pointy end at Spa.

Div 4 - With @Tanktex having major issues with PD and @DekGT5mad a no show it was up to me to fly the flag in div 4 but it lasted half a lap before i was put into the wall and spun by someone a little to eager to fight his way through the pack. After fighting hard for 10 laps to catch the pack i was lag punted into the wall and lost another 20 odd seconds. Instead of rage quitting i just kept on going so i could at least get a couple of points. i decided to lodge a protest after the race which is the first time i had done so, the offending driver was issued a drive through penalty post race and i went from 10th place up to 9th. A minor consolation but i felt a precedent had to set early in the season for some of the new guys that this sort of racing will not be tolerated.

Div 5 - Our resident king of controversy @Stiffsht let his driving do the talking and carved his way through the field for a second place finish. Stiff had the joker on him this week so he scored 2 x 20 points. Cheers Stiff

Div 6 - There is no stopping @Killercarlcox69 with another convincing win, he is well on his way to taking another dIv 6 Championship this season. With what is probably his favourite track coming up this week at Spa i can't see anyone getting close to him. @mmm_homebrew came home in 7th place with another 9 very helpful points.

DIv 7 - It sems like div 7 was a bit of a shambles again with a number of DSC's. @colin-50_ managed a 7th place and unfortunately @maximuscatticus didn't get to finish the race. Keep at it max, you will get there, make sure you watch the boys in practice and see where they brake, what gears they use and when they turn it, i watched you a bit during the race last night and as you said you are turning in a bit too late, missing the apex and washing off too much speed. Spa is all about flowing through the turns and keeping momentum. Good luck.

So just a reminder that if you do make contact with someone and it causes them to lose position you must redress as soon as possible. It is better to lose a few seconds on rack than 25 odd seconds after the race.

The thing that we also need to be very aware of this week is track boundaries, with so many high speed sweeping bends in the back end of the track it can be easy to miss the turn in point slightly and run wide on exit. The mods WILL be watching and i'm sure we all know how heart breaking it can be after seeing Bobo denied last week.

Hopefully we have a better turn out this week and a few more drivers can finish their race.
    Points counted for round 2
    @Beau_Albert - 13
    @CobMcCool - 10
    @anarkie14 - 9
    @Stiffsht - 40
    @Killercarlcox69 - 25
    @mmm_homebrew - 9
    @colin-50_ -9
    Total - 115
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Stiffsht likes this.
  7. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    i think foot & max still get min pts 4 disco so these a few more
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

@SPL Racing Beau may have won div 1b but it is only the overall points that count towards team championship so he still scores a very respectable 13 points for 4th.
  9. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Oh ok :( Denied again Beau ;) Thanks for clearing that up
  10. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah but only the top 7 drivers have their points counted towards the teams championship that's why my name isn't in the list either.
  11. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah i only get points for P4, however if anyone want's to give me those 25 points, im sure R0T0R won't mind...... :cool:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Only just saw this thread, thanks for the encouragement. Have put a few hours practice into this round, even did a 1:12:8ish the other night. Hopefully I can finish a race this week.
  13. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    So champioship points are still to be confirmed for last week with div 3 a bit of a non event. But I can say that @Killercarlcox69 had the joker pick this week snagging us a maximum 50 points. Go Killer! This week will be balls out sprint racing, there is not much room for error on this track and if u get out of the groove it could end in tears. Good luck everyone,
    Stiffsht and Footlong_warrior like this.