Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Hey guys better make this before the first race.

i don't think i have gone through with everyone but our team Livery will be a Simple Lime Green Wheels(BJs trademark colour of choice).

The rest of the car is of driver Choice.

@GTP_McsQ
    @zampli
    @Colin-50
    @rem700
    @CobMcool
    @Crunch360
    @Neemo55
    @DekGT5mad
    @Jag
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Everyone else is running a team body colour,so why don't we do black with lime green wheels.Otherwise we'll have some in yellow,green,blue purple,etc & we won't know who is a teammate
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah the wheels will be obvious.

I think it's enough, allows some freedom with your car but at the same time you know what team they would be on.
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You can't see the wheels from in front or behind. We should honor Bruce properly with a uniform livery,otherwise we might as well not bother at all!
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Not fussed to be honest, I'll be able to know whos who (only 3-4 people in div) with name tags anyway.
    If mus reckons thats the go, it has my vote.
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Green racing suit then?

The car is a roadster and it looks pretty obvious, I'm already running green racing suit to go with the wheels but I'm not really fussed with the body colour, if you want I can make a vote but there is usually a few people that like to add there own scheme to it so I figure allow some creativity.

Considering everyone else is going with a body livery I think it makes it self pretty obvious right away we are not those teams.
    ryan griffiths and zampli like this.
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Whatever,obviously you didn't think much of Bruce or you'd just do a team livery
    t_b_williams likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Thats your opinion, I have yet to see bruce commit to a body colour for more then 1 season so i don't see how running what he has always gone with(Green rims) not a fitting tribute.

I did suggest a vote, but don't attack me for this.
  9. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

im an out sider here but why dont your run black and green? like the team logo?
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    if no one has any objections then im happy to go with it.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lmao what a start, sorry ill miss first race next sunday, barring any unexpected events ill be here for the second.
  12. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    So whats the go. I just run green rims?
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

yep lime green wheels seem a definite
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I made a Poll for the livery, it will close just before 4pm on sunday choose what livery your happy to go with.
  15. zampli

zampli Team Driver

just to make it clear...a decision to not run a uniform body colour across the team should bear no reflection on what we thought of bj..
    its merely personal and i think it would be interesting to be the only team with different colours.
    CPTNPEACH and ryan griffiths like this.
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Okay guys, the round 1 results went down like this;
    Div 1
    Mustafur - DNF (so I was told, may have got DSC'd)
    GTP-McsQ - DNS
    Zamps - DNS or DNF (I don't know but no result either way)
    Div 2
    Crunch630 - 2nd (by 0.028 of a second)
    CobMcCool - 3rd (and pole, wasn't expecting to be anywhere near the front)
    Div 4
    DekGT5mad - 9th
    Neemo55 - 11th
    Div 6
    Colin-50 - DNS (Man Flu)
    REM700 - DNS or DNF (don't know, hasn't been seen on forums for a few weeks now)

JAG - DNS (a mate of Mustafurs don't know what div he's in or what his intentions are)

Not a great start, but OK, if we get more bods on the grid we might be able to go alright in this thing, if we all help each other out it can only improve our individual results as well.
    Speaking of helping each other out, the team colours thing needs to be sorted, my worst fears have already been realised in round 1, racing with Crunch (who was quicker) for the first two thirds of the race only to realise post race that we're on the same team. Crunch was driving a light blue car with red wheels (I thought green rims was at least the minimum, not that you can see them much anyway) so I had no idea that what team if any he was in. Not that I held him up in any big way but if I had known I would have let him by much easier and tried to stay with him and maybe tried a bit harder to keep TB (who I let through at turn 1) behind me so he could have gotten the win. I'm not big on "what if's" but I'm just saying it's one that's probably got away.
    I realise that we're only represented in 4 of the six divisions but we do have at least 2 drivers in each of those divs so I reckon on track recognition is reasonably important so; (a) we don't hold each other up, or (b) even worse we take each other out (accidentally of course), so lets make a decision so this doesn't happen, just not BLACK its been done!!! (slowly bangs head against wall repeatedly, mumbling incoherently).

Cheers
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah i got Disconnected, going by the poll Results Custom colour with green wheels wins, im not sure what the real problem is with team mates though, the list of people in the team isn't that long and you just look at the ones that are in your division, colour or not its very simple.

I think we are going to struggle unless we get more people in as i banked a big part of our money on MCSQ who has dissappeared, and my friend jag has had issues with his PS3 so he might not be on till mid season.

Combine that with a part time captain and you can see where its going.

we just got to ride it out, we do have some really good people in our team from whats left though so we just got to make sure we get 6 good scorers each round and we can have a shot.

I think Zampli is good to go after this round though.
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    As an outsider I'd suggest silver with lime wheels.
  19. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    It might just me being selfish, but I don't have the drivers list on my display, I find it a bit distracting and with my crap eyesight it takes me too long to focus on that and then look back at the road so I did away with it, hence my concern.
    And it probably stems from my time playing footy and time in the military where it was like, if you want to play like a team, you've got to look like a team, and I like many didn't think this was so cool, but with hindsight and few years later I do see the value of it.

If you need a hand with anything Mus just let me know,

Cheers
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    For those that are concerned about using black, I found identifying Dbn26's car easy with it's green wheels compared to our red wheels. But I still suggest silver with lime wheels would be both distincive and also honour BJ's last ride.