Bruce Hale Racing Discussion (BHR)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mustafur, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    F in the A again no surprise:mad::cautious::cautious: i thought they made another new rule last week were if ur joker didnt show they used some other bullsht placing?? wat happen 2 that
    SPL Racing likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    It seems that we have had a win of sorts and Tank's joker as well as all others have been reinstated making us just 30 points shy of second place in the championship. Our captain Cob really went in to bat for us and with the support of some other team captains the "final" decision was overturned and common sense prevailed.
    Tanktex, Beau_Albert and pykeybraa145 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Think of it as a semi-final decision...that still counts as a final...right? :oops:
    SPL Racing likes this.
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I hate having a semi ;)
    SPL Racing and Tanktex like this.
  6. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Well done Cob and also team if we didnt care it wouldnt matter but I think this has shown the team comradery is strong as hell
    SPL Racing and Killercarlcox69 like this.
  7. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Ok dudes, this is what went down at Bathurst.

Div 1
    BeauAlbert6 - 7th (and 2nd in Div 1B)
    Div 2
    CobMcCool - 7th (very disappointed after much practice and qualifying 3rd)
    Damo-Heato - 8th (surprisingly out of the running at Bathurst)
    Crunch - DNS (MIA)
    Div 3
    TTR-Joe90- 4th (another consistent finish despite the rain?)
    SPL_Racing - 6th (steady improvement for best finish of the season)
    Div 4

Tanktex - 1st (outstanding result and our first win since Rd 3)
    Sparklehead83 - DNS (MIA)
    DekGT5Mad - DNS (MIA)
    Div 5
    Stiffsht - 2nd (yet another 2nd placing, point scoring machine)
    Footlong_Warrior - 3rd (building a consistent end to the season)
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 2nd (finished the enduro one handed but gets no reward)
    Colin-50 - DNS (MIA)

Joker for this round was Tanktex which netted us max points eventually

Once again the 9 usual suspects turned up to race for the biggest round of the season, and once again it was our div 3 through 6 drivers carrying the rest of us to another good result. It could have been even better, but we lost Killercarls points, we did however manage to retain our joker points and therefore minimise the fallout from the div 6 debacle. But the less said about that, the better.

This week I think staying on the track, avoiding any contact and not incurring any penalties should get you a good result regardless of your outright pace, I think patience will be the key at a wet and miserable Monza. That being said, being able to put together a few fast laps if it ties in with strategy would be very beneficial. Just try and stay out of the :):):):) that the first complex of lap 1 will no doubt become, and I plead with everyone in all teams just not ours to take it easy through there and not try and force yourself through or come flying in from a long way back, you'll just ruin someone else's race and probably your own. I say this because every practice race I've seen here so far has been awful through there with at least 2 or more drivers getting messed up because of impatience and just plain stupidity, some wise person once said, you're not going to win the race on the first corner, but you can sure as :):):):) lose it and you'll probably wreck somebody else's chances as well.
    With this being the final round, we are still a mathematical possibility of taking out the teams championship, but I think our focus should be on just getting the best result possible as individuals and the team thing will look after itself, I want us to score the most points of all teams this round and go out on a winning note and fire a pretty big warning shot for what might happen next season if the core of the team can remain at BHR. Personally I'll have to pull my finger out as I've had a pretty bad season points wise, although I do like the car and feel I've been driving OK, I just haven't got the results for different reasons, but I am looking to turn it around (not literally) in the wet at Monza and put in for a big end of season result.

As usual any more strategy suggestions and joker info is greatly appreciated via PM as I've got no idea at the moment.
    Good luck gentlemen, time for some rippin and a'tearin, lets win this :):):):):).

Cheers
  8. WAC

PSN ID
    Cheers Cob. I know what your saying about T1. The real carnage will happen if you don't get off the line cleanly and the ones behind sniff a chance to make a quick spot....followed by a trip into the grass.
    Seems a lot of drivers (including myself) are having issues with a correct brake bias and getting the ole snake on.
    Heard a 6/1 setup was doing good things and will test that tonight.
    Anyway been an honour to drive for BHR this season. Will try to be abit more onto it with the pit stops next time lol.
    Good luck team! :)
    Stiffsht and SPL Racing like this.
  9. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Yet again well said COB after all you went thru this week and you hung in there , other people might have hung up there driving gloves but not you , well done . So we carried your sorry arse all season now pull your finger out and have a go . We had a great crew this year and I hope we all can stay together next season . Over and out (lol)
    Lets go BHR Lets go
  10. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Hey guys, what a season it has been for BHR, i'm so proud of the effort each and every one of you has put in this season making BHR a serious contender in the teams championship.

Unfortunately i couldn't race last night as the missus was unwell and i was on baby duties, i hoped to get him down before practice started but it became pretty clear that wasn't going to happen. I brought my PS3 upstairs and set it up in the lounge room and dusted off my controller and tried running a few laps with him on my lap but this was pretty wishful thinking so i decided to sit in the grandstand with my umbrella and watch the race instead.
    And i'm glad i did because i was treated to one of the best driving performances i have seen in my 2 seasons at ROOZ. Our Joe had his flippers on and powered through the field from around 9th on the grid. As others fell by the wayside Joe powered on and made short work of a handy lead that Blindman had opened up. I was literally on the edge of my seat as he ate away at the lead and left everyone in his wake. He caught Blindman and sat on his rear bumper for around 9 laps trying many attempts to get by him and make a clean pass but to Blindman's credit he did not make a mistake and made it very hard for Joe to get a clean pass in the dismal conditions. His FL was testament that he had the fastest car on the track by a mile but Blindman had the widest.
    It's a shame that you had to settle for a very, very close second place Joe but that was a freaking amazing Drive.

Also a big Congrats to Killer for yet another podium and taking out the Div6 championship, a great effort considering he did half the season with only one arm. Off to DIv 5 next season KIller! Also big congrats to Stiff and Tank on your second place finishes in the Div 5 and 4 Championships, great work boys, you 3 have been point scoring machines this season and it shows in our results
  11. WAC

PSN ID
    Thanks SPL :thumbsup: Was great having you watch that..I love wet tracks and I love the Camaro ,the combination was perfect.
    Bren and SPL Racing like this.
  12. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I wasn't sure what your strategy was when you parked it at the chicane for 8 minutes in quali but it worked.
  13. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry I haven't been on to wrap up the season guys, my stupid, useless fragile shoulder let go in a big way on Monday (probably due to all the counter steering at wet monza o_O) it means that any movement of my left arm at all is extremely painful and I couldn't raise my arm to get on the keyboard let alone type, scans showed I'll probably have to go under the knife for the third time since 2009, I had another quartizone injection yesterday and it's starting to loosen up a little, plus large doses of my favourite opiate endone means I have been finally able to sleep, after not being able to for 2 nights earlier in the week and started going a bit loopy. So I'll try to wrap up the season details tomorrow, but in short right know I'm pretty proud of you all for all the good work this season.
    Cheers
  14. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Sheeeesh Cob thats shiessen mate.
    You nearly used as many words to explain that as a Cob rant .
    :D
    Seriously but hope you mend well soon m8
    Cheers Tex
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    That's no good at all Cob, take it easy and I hope it all heals up ok.
  16. WAC

PSN ID
    That's not the best Cob..a T500 is gonna destroy a weakened part of your body. Hope you can get back to full health mate.
  17. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder bud , I know what your going thru trying to work and race .
    Luckily im of the endones . Looks like you will be racing one arm with automatic for a while .
    All the best and keep up the good work that you do with BHR .
    Regards
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  18. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Righto guys, finally getting around to this, round 7 and season wrap;
    Div 1
    BeauAlbert6 - 8th (and 4th in Div 1B)
    Div 2
    Damo-Heato - 7th (probably fast enough to finish better)
    CobMcCool - 8th (hosed over on first lap again)
    Crunch - DNS (MIA)
    Div 3
    TTR-Joe90 - 2nd (finishes season on a high note with fastest lap)
    SPL_Racing - 12th (had to pull out and watch from the sidelines)
    Div 4
    Tanktex - 3rd (good result finishes off consistent season)
    Sparklehead83 - DNS (MIA)
    DekGT5Mad - DNS (MIA)
    Div 5
    Stiffsht - 4th (lowest placing of the season is still top 4)
    Footlong_Warrior - 5th (another handy result)
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 2nd (4th second placing in a row)
    Colin-50 - DNS (MIA)

Joker for this round was Joe90, who got us the maximum return we could have got for the week (always back a kiwi on a wet track).
    Once again it was the core 9 members of the team that showed up for the wet and miserable Monza round to round out the season. We yet again netted 100+ points with more consistent results across the team and Divs 3 through 6 again leading the way. The individual championship results for out team members panned out thusly:
    Div 1
    BeauAlbert6 - 9th overall and 4th in Div 1b (only missed 1 round) brave effort in Div 1
    Div 2
    Damo-Heato - 6th overall and our only Div 2 win (only missed 1 round)
    CobMcCool - 9th overall, absolute dog of a season, possibly worst ever and a DSC (attended all rounds)
    Crunch - 14th overall, went missing after round 2 (missed 5 rounds)
    Div 3
    TTR-Joe90 - 5th overall, good start and finish to the season, (attended all rounds)
    SPL_Racing - 11th overall, difficult second season with lots going on but still (attended all rounds)
    Div 4
    Tanktex - 2nd overall, overcame some difficulties to put in a great first season (attended all rounds)
    Sparklehead83 - 12th overall, disappeared after his best finish ( missed 4 rounds)
    DekGT5Mad - 13th overall, had personal issues to attend to (missed 6 rounds)
    Div 5
    Stiffsht - 2nd overall, outstandingly consistent season (attended all rounds)
    Footlong Warrior - 4th overall, good wingman for Stiff all season and good points (attended all rounds)
    Div 6
    Killercarlcox69 - 1st overall, our sole Div champion and super consistent with only one arm (attended all rounds)
    Colin-50 - 11th overall, disappeared after round 2 (missed 5 rounds)

So with that done, we had a much more successful season than last time mainly due to the outstanding attendance of most of the team this time, turning up week in, week out and scoring consistently to bag us 3rd in the teams championship comfortably ahead of our closest challengers, in fact we were so consistent we are the only team to score 100 points or more for every round.
    A big congratulations to Killercarl who netted his first and our only Div championship totally dominating with only one arm and driving auto, but may need both arms next season in Div 5, also congratulations to Tank and Stiff for finishing runners up in Divs 4 and 5, and to Footlong and Joe for hanging in and getting good results also. The rest of us did not go so well for differing reasons, but I'm still immensely proud of what we achieved not just points wise but being able to build a sense of belonging to a team and contributing to something greater than the individual.
    That being said, individually I had the worst season I can remember, and felt I contributed very little to our success with a DSC and being on the receiving end of some pretty ordinary driving by some others, but this is all part of what we do and all we can do is try to keep these things under control for the benefit of all drivers to minimize frustration throughout the league.
    So, it is with a hint of sadness that I have decided to step down from the captaincy of BHR effective immediately, it is not that I no longer wish to be captain, but more for reasons of my current injury keeping me off GT6 for a while yet, as well as my being absent overseas for a large part of the lead up to next season, and as such would not be effectively able to monitor what is going on, what drivers are performing and who is available etc. or take part in the decision making or bidding process to benefit the team fully for the new season. I should be able to take part next season as a driver but will be out of the loop by the time I get back. SPL as our vice-captain will take over and has shown enough enthusiasm and understanding for the role to do the job, otherwise you are all entitled to decide amongst yourselves who would be captain but I would prefer a BHR member from this season who understands the camaraderie we have been able to build in just one season and what and who we represent, and would be able to keep the core members of the team together.
    It's been a massive improvement from last season and I'm very proud to have been part of that.
    Cheers guys, it's been a pleasure.
    (P.S. SPL I think we still have $50 in the kitty for next season)
  19. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    well said again boss... it is sad that your standing down for season 5 and handing duty's to someone else... i enjoyed my first season under you boss even with some results not going our way you found a way to keep our heads held high for doing the best we could do in each and every round... congrats to @Killercarlcox69 for being our sole BHR champion

ps @CobMcCool i'll always call you boss and good luck
    SPL Racing likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well said @CobMcCool
    What you have done with this team is nothing short of stellar
    SPL Racing likes this.