AC Camber Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rolz, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

2. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Pls don't get faster Rolz, please :alien: lol
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  4. Rolz

at this stage I find it's not really giving me enough info to prove useful... I find ProTyres app better... this shows you hot spots on the tire (outside, middle, inside) to see if u have too much or too little camber...
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I just use the kunos pit menu for cross tyre temps. I tune camber by that and feel. If the car is squirly under brakes or pre overheating tyres so it looses grip through the turns and there is a high temp diff across the tyre I back the camber off a bit. Until then I add more.

Works well. Don't feel the need for an app.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    To clarify, when you say you are adding camber, do you mean it is more negative, and is lowering is making it less negative or into positive territory? And can you explain the toe in/out theory again from last night with reference to positive and negative again? Please K, we all want to learn.
  7. Rolz

Some of us are mere mortals and need apps to help mate ;)
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea more negative camber. So only talking in terms of the absolute magnitude of the value since you would almost never set positive camber..

Generally a higher value of toe will increase the stability of the car and tyre temps. Ultimately more toe also reduces straight line speed because the wheels are trying to roll in different directions and scrubbing.

Whether you go positive or negative depends on what point of a turn you want that stability and whether you want more or less responsiveness.

Positive toe means the wheels are trying to roll in towards each other. It will dampen response at turn in and exit but without sacrificing so much mid corner.

Negative toe means the wheels are trying to roll apart and more quickly describe a turning circle. It will increase transient rotation so more responsiveness/nervousness at turn in and exit but may result in and mid corner push through the front.

Apply the toe to front to stabilize front, particularly under heavy braking, and rear to stabilize rear, particularly under heavy acceleration. Reduce toe to lower tyre temps.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Rolz likes this.
  9. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    clear as mud o_O
    Rolz likes this.
  10. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

If you think about it, it actually is very clear what each value does/changes. The complicated part is joining it all together and somehow creating a setup that suits your driving style and achieves your goal.

I use this
    [​IMG]
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    less murky now :thumbsup:
    Rolz likes this.
  12. Rolz

Peter Wise likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's it. Everything is a compromise which can often be offset with another setting. Tricky bit is finding the balance.