Car discussion for PC2 season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Sep 16, 2017.

?

Car type for new PCARS season

Poll closed Oct 6, 2017.
  1. Race car

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Road car

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    was thinking exactly the same thing, a 'blancpain' type series could be great fun.....i said that last night in the chat, not sure if you were still in or not at that stage.....
    Hate contact at the best of times, but to be fair, tough track in a car no one had run on a tight track in a prac race.... not that frustration doesnt pop up whenever it goes pear shaped but i would like to think in most 'official' races there will be a little less contact....i think i got 2 warnings last night for contact in the rolling start and i cant remember the last time i had a protest against me ....
    Slambobagan likes this.
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Real keen on gt3 blancpain series would be a cool way to end the year off, plus being more of a fun type championship we'll might be able to sort any glitches or anything that pop up.
    We haven't really done anything like this before either
    Coojak3009 and Zachery like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah +1 to a Blancpain style Season... would be pretty cool
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I like the idea of running the GT3 class season with the requirement to run a specific car only once. A question this raises, in previous seasons the track list isn't announced until the M&G, will that also be the case with this type of season. It will require some testing to make an intelligent choice of which car to run at which track, and the less time we have to do this, the more advantage that gives to people who have free time on their hands!

Another question that comes to mind, the penalty system in PC2 seems to be less forgiving, ROOZ previous policy on what is considered part of the track doesn't appear to match up very well, I've been penalised for track limits when I still had 2 wheel ON the white line, let alone over it on a ripple strip. So I feel like we need to get that ironed out before we start getting serious.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Slambobagan

If it works well maybe we could do the same thing with a GTE series or GT4 next time
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    wouldnt be for the official season, but certainly something mid week or in between seasons could be a goer.....
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Can i also say, if you havent tried this thing then do it for :):):):)s and giggles...holy :):):):) its quick !
    Mclaren P1 GTR
    [​IMG]
    v8power383 and SuiCid3 like this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Track list will be announced at meet and greet.....have always been of the opinion this is the fairest way for all drivers that dont have hours on hand if we release it early....

Track limits seem to half a car over the line in most spots...the issue is that the penalty system doesnt seem to tell us where the penalty was for......thing is though, it wont really effect our rules as ours seem to be more lenient anyway.....changing them wont have any effect of drivers taking advantage as the game penalties take care of that and everyone will come into line with them.
  9. Slambobagan

well depends if you want to delay season 9 till next year. I'd be happy to do a gt3 series on Sundays instead. Could be cool and hopefully keep full grids, Can't commit to midweek
  10. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    what is the best settings for FFB for Logitech G29 in Project Cars 2 on ps4
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yeah I tried it. If it had the 650s GT3 tyres and brakes it would be equivalent to a very quick GT1 car. It’s practically undriveable without traction control.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will have to get you to try some of the guys settings tonight col....
  13. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
  14. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

A mix up of GT3 cars across the season sounds very choice!

Elaborate on meet and greet though is it as simple as it sounds, we show up on Sunday and you tell us what we racing on? If so thats cool and agree on it solving a lot of issues.
  15. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    It does sound cool but it's highly unlikely.

And yep, that's basically it. Each division meets up on the Sunday prior to the season beginning and we run through a few of the circuits in the season car (the track list is revealed just before the m&g).
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    2. @@dj2ca
    3. @@its-benny-racer
    4. @@disturboed
    5. @@Bounty05
    6. @@Anthonyb
    7. @@POPPINFRESH1234 (pcars2 only)
    8. @@COME_AND_GET_ME7 (pcars 2)
    9. @@RHINO11
    10. @@fezza (pcars2)
    11. @@kayne greenwood
    12. @@emmo46
    13. @@Kart-No-1
    14. @@Ford69xw
    15. @@Zachery (to confirm)
    16. @@annelorrianne
    17. @@arnold watson
    18. @@Telum
    19. @@jasondull1986 (pcars 2)
    20. @@garyw61
    21. @@arakasi-
    22. @@stilesy
    23. @@Slambobagan
    24. @@VARDZ
    25. @@Nathan Storrier
    26. @@MrF1
    27. @@mikeruntbike (pcars2)
    28. @@t_b_williams
    29. @@nigegunz
    30. @@te9500rpm (pending connection)
    31. @@Rumbleshorts (pending start date)
    32. @@freddyp_33
    33. @@LITTLEBLACKO942
    34. @@rossi0nsx
    35. @@Shane Edgar
    36. @@Toranafan-02 (to confirm)
    37. @@TheJuzzy
    38. @@ned83
    39. @@colin-50_
    40. @@George (tuddy)
    41. @@Coojak3009
    42. @@redness-63
    43. @@Ant_427
    44. @@Jim_aka_The_Man
    45. @@SuiCid3 (ranok3n)
    46. @@Chase (flatstick)

ok Guys....

START DATE TBC, but hope to have that sorted in next few days...... Hopefully 2 - 3 weeks away...... Am inclined to say 3 weeks to give more chance of a patch landing before start ......

After some more testing last night the car for SEASON 1 Will be the Renault RS01 GT3
    [​IMG]

Its fast, it's stable and there is a wide range of liveries.....should be a great way to start the PC2 leagues. Ran it last night in the rain for the first time ( weather effects WOW) and is very stable.... pit options take a few goes to get right and understand but this is a much improved feature this time round.....

Through testing it was VERY CLEAR there are a huge number of cars that were fantastic, and will no doubt be in the mix to run as a series car. The Caterham we drove the other night was fantastic, and the other GT3 cars suggested through the thread were also really good.....I hope to get a Team mates GT3 series (mid week or between seasons) sorted once we get the sunday league sorted.....

Im not sure if the there is a team's championship planned for the upcoming seasons ( @Hatfield ) so hold off on picking your livery till that is sorted.... (if there is no teams champ i have another div specific idea)

Get on track in it guys and get up to speed ;)

Stu
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    How’d ya like the rain puddles @stucar17??
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Hey Stu,
    I would like to confirm my entry, but as a reserve driver. I fully intend to run the whole series, but going off of my previous completion rate, it would be wise to have me as a reserve. If im short on time ill be prioritising F1, just FYI
    dj2ca and stucar17 like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries, will do.....
    First time i had run the weather slots and i was genuinely blown away by it...was only light rain at indy road and Spa, but WOW.
    v8power383 likes this.
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    dj2ca likes this.