ACC Chirstmas New Years season break Monday Wednesday Fun Runs

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 23, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

During the mid season break, as some will likely still be around and want some racing we will try and run something on most Wednesday and Monday's before the season comes back again.

Monday 23rd December: 60 minute sprint format at Zolder
    Wednesday 25th December :no planned event, servers will be up.
    Monday 30th December: Spa Singapore server 2x 30m no stop races. ;)
    Wednesday 1st January: Spa 2x 30 Sprints (private server with forced stops if it looks like we get some numbers from the Mon before, public server if ROOZ numbers are still down mid season)
    Monday 6th of January: Season back Spa 2.4hrs

For the coming Monday 23rd, it will be a 60 minute sprint format (10 min pit window, must change tyres no fuel) This will also be open car choice, not forced to current season. This will give people a good comparison of how 1.2.x has changed over the earlier builds most set their league qualy time. Start time will be 9:15pm Aussie daylight savings time for a 10 min qualy with a 45 minute practice session before that.

Christmas day I (Marty) will not be available so not planning to run anything, if others want something to test their possible new Christmas hardware :D then we can put something on. Open for suggestions.

Monday 30th being the Wednesday before the next season race it will be a regular Wednesday warmup at the coming track Spa.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly, Rolz and Pablo like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server 2 is already running the race night server, it will be reset at 8:30 AEST. I just put it up incase I am running late then an admin could restart by skipping sessions or if all leave it will restart automatically.
  3. Matt A

Matt A New Recruit

4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks to those that made it out tonight, all 3 new members were here so nice to see you guys on track. You may want to get onto discord for future races to make communication a bit easier.

Sorry the full formation had the limiter, forgot the darn manual admin command we need to type to make a manual start. :oops:

Results from tonight.

Seems quite a few are away over this break already so the remaining fun runs will be on an open server. This will mean no forced stops or pit stop rules, also will most likely just keep those at 2x30 minute races.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Mentions Christmas coming fast ;) but then Q1 2020 so popbably not a Christmas gift. But slight chance we can use some new track in the mid season break.

6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I think they will release Vallelunga on NYE
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think the next 2 mid season fun runs will now both be at Spa, mostly because a few guys last fun run choose the hotlap server over running some races at another track. With less then 10 starters in that one, also the race servers we have setup have been getting no traffic. Im sure a few guys will be great in qualy, assuming it ends up something like the static server which is quite likely it wont be.

Running a random track will likely get very few starters again, I will also try run on the 30th from a Singapore server with higher SA85 limits. Hopefully we get some Euros we dont have to kick assuming we get a small turnout from league regulars again. This will be 2x 30 minute races with race 2 at night.
    SteveDrivingSlowly, Pablo and nanlatt like this.
  8. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

I've been doing some practice in the wet (just in case) and noticed that I don't have any indication of upcoming weather changes on my HUD. Is there a way to turn this on?
    Edit: Never mind. Found it. It's part of the tyres widget.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put the server up already for tonights "Open FunRun" the server name is
    "RaceOnOZ.com 05 ROOZ SA85 Monday MidSeason FunRun [Singapore Server 250ms ping limit enforced] 4x time"
    Its possible I may be a bit late tonight so I have it up and running just in case I don't make it back in time. This is a Singapore server so we shouldn't need an admin to manually boot too many high pings as most should be under 250ms with only South Americans should be outside this.

If the server is empty then if somebody could join the server at 8:30 AEST (Melbourne time to get the 45 min practice session going. If the server is empty then the practice session will start again when the next person joins, if its busy any user with in game admin control can restart the server.

Qualy 1 should start at 9:15pm AEST but will depend on what time the practice session starts, If I am home I will make sure it starts on time, otherwise an admin may skip to qualy at 9:15 if there is lots of time still left in the session.
  10. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

I'll join the server at 8:30 AEST (Melbourne time) to kick it off.
    nanlatt and marty like this.
  11. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'll try to be there tonight.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks to all that made the races tonight, the Singapore server worked ok tonight. Seems most of our pings have stabilized quite a bit with all ROOZ guys that I noticed around 90 to 140. Also we did get a few extras jump in to the races and at SA85 they mostly raced pretty clean, I got a bit rubbed up race 1 lap 1 at the bus stop, but was clean and close for the rest. Not so close race 2 as Andy steadily disappeared off into the distance. :cry::D

Results

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    nanlatt and cameron beller like this.
  13. Wally

Wally Team Driver

The highlight for me was getting a tap on the side rear at Pouhon and catching it with a massive split second full lock counter steer launching a 4 wheel drift, and then snapping the steering back to keep the car going straight. Score 1 for muscle memory.
    nanlatt and marty like this.
  14. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I didn't run last night as it was way too hot in my sim room (melb over 40c yesterday). What temps/conditions were experienced?
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It was about 40c where I was too :D It stayed dry and got cooler in the night, it doesn't mean that the temps will be the same on the race night but over the night it will be cooler then in the daytime most likely.

For the actual race session to avoid too big a time scale I will keep it at 5x so it will be half the 24hr cycle. Race start will be 4am and should finish at 4pm. Qualy will be 7pm same as the superpole all sessions will have 5x time and weather will be dynamic but fairly conservative. That may mean Monday 3hrs of yellow storm even if it never rains in the same setup on the practice servers. (Really hope not but thats been the dynamic weather situation all Monday league nights so far.)

All the ROOZ servers except for the hotlap and league qualy servers are running dynamic weather as it will be on the race night, its no big secret and the netcode was quite good on the Singapore servers last night so Id recommend anyone that wants race practice and weather testing to jump into these servers. I will set 2 race servers with all qualy sessions at 7PM and races to be within the 4am to 4pm bracket.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Captain Barracuda likes this.
  16. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I wimped out and opted for Pale Ale and a banana lounge outside instead of racing. I regret nothing! :cool:
    tezpez85, nanlatt and Pablo like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Anyone that is around tonight I will setup a server much the same as Monday night. Open Singapore server as netcode seemed ok for us and we got a couple extras join Monday with not too many League guys in. It will be 2x 30 minute races again with no stops but I will change race start times a little with race 1 starting at 8am ingame and race 2 1pm with the race Monday being 4am start and 4pm finish ingame with 5x time scale.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  18. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I'm keen if home.
    marty likes this.
  19. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I'm home if keen.
    nanlatt, marty and krunch like this.
  20. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

I'm a keen homo ... Wait ... That's not right.
    tezpez85, marty and krunch like this.