[COMPLETE] Assetto Corsa Season 5: Prepare to SLIDE.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

A couple of happy snaps from race 2

[​IMG]
    Spita you got your wheels facing the wrong way which is why u lost it at the start.

[​IMG]
    Here you go Spita out braking yourself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

last corner taking Ash
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm guessing you don't have any of the car skins loaded?
  3. David Brister

no i dont, never got around to it, just to let every 1 know i found a black hole in Interlagos track, just after the pit exit on the straight i went over the wall, and well the ford hit a speed of 319km falling in a black hole, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

theres also a hole in the wall a few corners into the lap but you would have to have crashed pretty badly to end up there
  5. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Geez Dave I thought you said they were "happy" snaps, lol. Yeah didn't realize the wheels were turned that's why I let every body through once we took off.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The sprint round points are aggregated over the 2 races and then everyone gets a final position for the round. In your case you finished ahead of Loris and Ash in the 2 races respectively, but they finished a lot higher than you in the alternate race. Your overall points for the 2 races were less than the overall points for Loris and Ash which pushed you down to last for the round - sorry mate.
    David Brister likes this.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Now guys there have been some comments regarding the driving standards and the amount of chat on Monday night. We have guidelines about this in the COC but just keep in mind the chat should be kept to a minimum and only relate to the race. Also if you are easily distracted use the mute option in t/s and turn everyone off for the race - best to set up a hotkey for this so you can turn it off and on easily in case something comes up.

Restarts are staying. I break out into a cold sweat thinking of the league races I've been in when a good driver has blinked at the start of the race and ruined the night for 2 or 3 other innocent bystanders with a dumb mistake. I will do up a more thorough guideline for this, but basically we have 2 restarts, then after that it is a single file rolling start with no over taking until after the start/finish line - pedal to the metal after the last corner.

Someone mentioned brake lights. When the lights on the car have been turned on, often the brake lights are hard to see or just not a different brightness so they can't be used. I have learned that the hard way a few times in different cars. We may look at a lights off policy for future seasons.

Finally, with restarts and overtaking and braking markers and corner cutting and pit problems etc etc etc, if you get online Thursday night or post up when you have time to run some laps so we can join you, you will find that all these things are less of a problem with practice. I am happy to sit in someone's car and give some tips or visa versa. Lots of short races mean lots of practice starts. Irrelevant of the teams, most guys are happy to give basic tuning advice and share braking markers or track tips, but you have to be there to ask. There is a ROOZ legend who is currently teaching St Peter to do a handbrake turn upstairs, and when he started he could barely keep it on the black stuff. By the time he left us, he was winning, and winning a lot - he was no alien but he was and remains an inspiration.

BTW lads, we have a new season on the horizon. Get over to the discussion page and get involved:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-season-6-discussion.2134/
    KoAStR, Peter Wise, krunch and 3 others like this.
  8. David Brister

I dont want to harp on it Anon, but on that 3rd restart nose to tail flat out into turn 1, and the same thing happens, do we just keep racing then?

I spent 4.5 hours today practicing at Interlagos, and i can tell you, turn 1 is going to be a :):):):):)!!! i use the ideal line and suggested brake arrows on the track to help me 100m marker is too late, 200m a bit early. a lot of the chicanes are a one car wide slot, 2 side by side and there with be accidents. my predictions will be another physical race like Montreal.

good driver has blinked at the start of the race and ruined the night for 2 or 3 other innocent bystanders -Thats racing anon, we play a game called Sim Racing, it tries to emulate every thing about a real life race, but if we crash turn 1 we can start again, cant do that in real life?

Im going to post the following note i wrote today to a fellow member expressing my view, as we are all adults here, i am clearly stating a matter of opinion on what i have seen in only 8 race meetings with you guys. Please see this as constructive criticism, im not out for any ones blood, name calling or finger pointing, you guys a great bunch of guys, i would like to think i make this my home for some years to come.

i wrote: the problem with the restarts i found was if the front runners crashed it was an immediate restart called, but if the accident happens down the order they sort of dont want to restart as they the front runners got away cleanly and theres every chance on the next restart they might get stuffed up. as it stands now who ever is fastest in prac and qual generally wins with every body else falling into line according to their lap times, but wouldnt it make for interesting racing like in any real race, if the fast guys crash out then they just need to work harder to catch up, and given there speed most likely will, we could see different race results, not the same few up the front all the time. the 1st race where i went from last 16th to 8th and held it for 2 laps was fantasic for me, i had to work so hard to try and keep it until spita out braked himself into the chicane and took me out, letting 3 cars pass, who at that stage i was keeping ahead off, and just might have for a few laps more, but will never know. thats how as a driver i will get better battling and racing not starting and circulating till the last lap is done,
    loris P. likes this.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

personally dont like restarts as i feel its just racing/luck of the draw and have been on the bad end of a restart after getting a good getaway/half a lap. but thankfully we havent needed any this season, not too fussed :)
    David Brister and Mael like this.
  10. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    I get what your saying Dave but I can't help but feel like I'm getting my name dragged through the mud because of this one incident.
    I braked and I locked up a wheel and bumped into you, apologized strait away and let you back past. This is the only real incident I have had since racing with you guys and not something that happens week to week. I have overtaken many guys and had many overtake me without an issue, im sure other racers can vouch for that.

Anyway on another note my wife has decided that she doesn't want to hold onto these twins anymore so looks like I will be out probably for the remainder of this season but I will try to pop in and say hi because I still want to be a part of this group.
    Thanks
    Anon666 likes this.
  11. ashcow

ashcow New Recruit

Good luck with babies Spita. See you in 8 years when you get some free time back!
  12. David Brister

No mate my post isnt aimed at any one, we had a crash, racing happens
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Ahh man, I hope you can get back on horse soon. Feel free to join back in for any event man, even if it's only a few races in the season. We aim to be inclusive not exclusive. Good luck with the babies though, sounds like a handful...
  14. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    Thanks guys been looking forward to the arrival of these babies and hopefully they let me get back behind the wheel before too long.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yep I did this too haha... out of the first complex got a tad sideways on the green stuff and then flew over the inside wall. Hit terminal velocity for the ford, around ~324km/h before alt +f4 came to the rescue.
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Strap the capsules to the rig and tell the missus your taking them for a Drive :laugh:
    Anon666 and David Brister like this.
  17. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    There's an idea, lol :)
  18. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Regarding Driver standards, on Mon night Div 2 room 1 driver caused 2 restarts.
    Perhaps a points penalty/ Penalty type system.

* 1 Option we tried back a few yrs ago was allow 1 restart. Then the driver that caused the next gets ROF (Rear of Field)

But with that, on the 3rd restart for Race 1 I was 4th and pushed around cause the driver cut the turn and i ended up last but managed to get up to 8th in race 1. Another driver may not have been able to make up those spots and still penalised for loosing out.

You never can find that medium where everyone is happy. Just try not to win it at the 1st corner.
    loris P. and David Brister like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have run a 'Safety Car' rule before. Where in the first certain amount of time/laps, if a driver is hit by another and spins, they pit to fix the damage, as the lead car controls a slow pace of the field with no overtaking. Once the damaged car(s) have caught the rear of the pack, the lead car 'restarts' from the last corner and we continue.

Not sure if that would work in AC but it is an idea
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Driftoz, Peter Wise and David Brister like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.