[COMPLETE] ROOZ Assetto Corsa: Season 2.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookie_666

wookie_666 Rookie

I have recently changed to 3 screens. I have not had an issue with the flags. Obviously I cant move them, but they are there long before the person is on my arse, so it gives me enough time to move.
    krunch likes this.
  2. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Another self destruct session early on for me.
    In the first start I was caught out by the concertina effect when going through the right kink to the back section & tagged the back end of cyberstig. Apologised for the tap and redressed and was relieved as a restart was eventually called.

Start 2 got away cleanly & was making up positions slowly. Went for a run around the outside of Slasher heading into the left uphill sweeper, but I ate too much of the sausage just before turning in & was taken off track on a joyride. Did all I could to keep it off the wall but the game decided to throw me back into pitlane. So, I was relegated to the back of the field around lap 7 or 8. On the upside it gave me fresh tyres & fuel, so from here I fought hard to make back positions & to keep it clean.
    I pitted at the halfway point to top up the fuel and was running around 12th or 13th at that point. I gained a couple of spots in the pits due to having less fuel to pump & ended the race in 8th position.
    Was happy with the come back but still, could have been much better.
    Anon666 and wookie_666 like this.
  3. Mael

Mael Professional

As others mentioned a tough race.

Started out conservatively trying to keep out of trouble. After a while started moving up the field mostly through other drivers mistakes. My pace was solid but I unfortunately spend significant time stuck behind Slasher until his exploration of the WA countryside :roflmao:.

Planned to pit at end of lap 25 but sadly into T1 of said lap made my only big mistake of the race. Noticed one of the leaders coming out of the pits and for a moment lost concentration; shifting from 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd gear. An instantaneous 360 resulted! Worse still pressed the side-way view button in the desperate attempt to catch the car thoroughly confusing myself. Spending a couple of seconds re-orientating and finding my way back to the track. If I took anybody off with me please accept my apologies! After overshooting my pit box in the now customary manner had a pretty ordinary second half of the race to finish in my normal position, just in front of Driftoz. :coffee:
    Anon666, wookie_666 and Driftoz like this.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    A race to forget, yet the only one where I did not run out of fuel. :roflmao:... :cry:
    Anon666 and wookie_666 like this.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Going to be an interesting race next. The fast guys are already lapping in the low 2:27's and I fully expect the laptimes to drop another second or two. Drafting should help to keep the bunch close together but any mistakes will be severely punished. Unlike Barbagello going off-road at best ends up in catastrophic body damage and at worst stuck up in some tree beyond the last corner. :cry: Suspect tire choices will be playing an important role in the race.

A rolling start may be advisable as the 1966 grid are for the men of that era, heroic but short lived. Starting three abreast in close proximity never ends well, Marty hosted the track with the slow Alfa GTA and even then the first corner was a slaughter.
    Fargonz and Driftoz like this.
  6. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

I reckon the GTA's would be harder to control in close proximity than these to be honest... but rolling start is a good idea.
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    hello all i'll be out for tonight's round but back in for the last round.
    Fingers crossed when the poll goes up anything but that god awful bmw wins :roflmao:
    Driftoz likes this.
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'm a no go again tonight boys, as much as I'd love to run monza , I've rellies coming up from away, so bit of a fam thing goin on tonight, unfortunately. I should be good for the last round, if you guys have no issue with me running, that is.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It's gonna be a close run thing for me as well boys. Can I put Cyber and Drift in charge and I will do my best to get there. My folks are still here - should have gone today, and well... no comment. If this is going to be a problem we can always do next week. I'll keep an eye on the forum, but I'm happy to do whatever.
  10. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'm happy to postpone if it helps others make it later on.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I would like to run. We might be down a few numbers but should still have a good turn up. Quite a few boys have been laying down the laps so I would hate to disappoint. I reckon I can get on right on 8.30.
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Mmmm .... Doesn't look like I'm going to make it either, the little one is playing hard to sleep tonight :unsure:
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  14. Mael

Mael Professional

mmmm, think I was 8th, with Driftoz just behind me.
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    From the replay I make it like this.. let me know if I got any of it wrong :thumbsup:
    1 KoAStR
    2 Stiggy
    3 Cyber_STIG_77
    4 Anon 666
    5 Fargonz
    6 Justin Talent
    7 Krunch
    8 Mael
    9 Driftoz
    10 Wookie
    11 GrKinn
    12 Slasher
    13 Pickles
    14 QC.
    15 Cherno DNF
  16. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Looks good Koaster. I can confirm I was 7th, behind Justin.
  17. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Cooper was 16th with a dsc again poor bugger.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Skinny grid, but it felt like there were cars everywhere. Glad I managed to get there, I really like that track for some reason. Lots of different strategies as well. I went with mediums and higher downforce, but a lot of guys ran a contra set up and did some awesome times. Bad luck to QC who was putting in some hot lap times, but finished well back. And Justin who was second and forgot about the pit entry but still clawed his way back to 6th.

K too good and Stiggy was super quick down the straights. Cyber bounced back for a podium after removing the target off his car. I was determined to keep an untouched car so as not to loose too much down the straights...lag punt on lap 2 and cold tyres understeering at the lesmos straight out of the pits meant I did a total of 1 lap with undamaged aero - talk about sticking to your plan!?!?!

Great battle with Fargonz for the whole race. Think my tyres were just that little bit stickier at the end but I was sweating on breaking the draft over those last 2 laps. Hope we can fill the grid out for the last round.

I will get a poll up and running asap so we can sort out the car for the final round.
    Fargonz, krunch and KoAStR like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Oh well, that could have been 'better'. Put the left wheels in the dirt going into t1 :oops:, and as I come to a stop hear Anon say hes forgot fuel.... damn it I'm still on my qualifying setup :mad:. Escaped to pit start lap 1, FIFTY!! seconds behind leaders (would have lost less time if I kept running). Looking at the replay I cant believe I was hanging out so far left when I had a clear racing line!! Oh well, anyhow...

CONGRATULATIONS STIGGY!!!!!! it appears you have an unbeatable score running into the last round, well done.
    Short of a 'Disc'aster for KoAStR I imagine he'll roll in second, Which leaves me to fight it out for third :cool: looking forward to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.