[COMPLETE] ROOZ Assetto Corsa Season 6 - THE GAMESMEN CUP

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    We didn't get a replay sadly. The timer was set too short.
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

That is unfortunate, still losing to Koaster by 0.08sec is some performance!
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

Sorry i missed the race last night boys, i raced home from a kids music meeting, only to have Telstra decide i needed to do other things.
    David Brister and Anon666 like this.
  4. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Started 5th and finished 5th.
    Got turned around on turn 2 !! :mad:. was about 30 sec by the time i got back on track to the next car and was ready to pull the pin for the night, but then the 1st stops came and after i pitted on Lap 8 guys were having issues with not being able to pit ?
    So luckily for me i was able to pull back to the field and jump a few due to the pit issues some were having.

I have really like the 240 s3 lotus, having the traction control off made it feel better for me that over the 1st 240 we drove for the first rounds.

Well done to Doublevision, Shamps and mael for the podiums in Div 2. :thumbsup:
    David Brister and Cherno like this.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Cyber for putting together a great season.

Epic race with Anon there, I took position in the pits with a bit of luck and just had to hold out. A bit more consistency and Anon would have had a clear win. Great work mate.

Again quali was tough with ballast, but Cherno was an anomaly! Luckily managing tyre wear was in my favour and I could reel him in. Super stoked to come away with a win after starting 7th. Bad luck to Steve who had awesome pace and was leading most of the race.

Championship was close with the drop...... Great season Cherno. Gratz QC on 3rd, (tie-breaker with Shaun after drop round on best single finish), and epic result stepping up from Div 2.

Gratz to Mael on the Div 2 championship, Loris on 2nd for his first season, and wooo Team Turtle beach on smashing the teams champ.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Doublevision

Doublevision Rookie

Preparation was the key to this race! After figuring out the track after some practice laps I managed to dial in a tune that worked for me. Funnily enough having ballast added meant that the car dropped another 2mm and by stiffening up the suspension I was able to keep the pace, also kept it conservative on Toe and Camber so that I could save the tyres a bit. In the practice session I noticed I could just keep the tyres for 13-14 laps so for me one pit was the way to go.

Qualifying went well having a 0.07s advantage over Mael to start on Pole. Race started pretty clean from there and managed to pull away by 5 secs before babying the tyres. On lap 13 took to the pits and when I pulled out Shampwho was in front of me! Trying to keep up I overestimated the cold tyres and went off on the first corner. I then pushed to keep up with Shampwho and when he pit a couple laps after my tyres were already half worn. On the last 5 laps my pace slowed considerably losing 3-5 seconds per lap but luckily my gap was big enough and I didn't go off the track to still take it out. Wish the Div1 replay was saved, I'd definitely wanna watch that.

Thanks guys for the awesome racing and banter and congrats to Shamp and Mael for their podiums! :thumbsup:
    Big congratulations to KoAStR and Mael for taking out their respective championships!
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    We definitely need to do a Telstra season. No cars, no tracks, just hold music and Cooper sitting in his Mini making "Brum, brum!" noises!!

Thanks to @Cyber_STIG_77 for organising this season. I did enjoy it a whole lot more once I figured out I needed ABS on to stop the bloody thing... Congrat's to K, Chernie and QC for topping the charts and thanks to everyone who bumped wheels with me during the season - prefer a good race to a good place any day of the week. Season 7 is 2 weeks away and the server is set to round 1 spec's to get on and start practicing.

Later 'taters!
    DarrenO, Peter Wise, KoAStR and 2 others like this.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    PS - WTF TGM! Last week on the cusp of second, this week we fall to last!?!? I think we need to sack the captain.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't worry. Season 8 for AC will be under the guidance of a Proper set of ROOZ Captains ;)
    DarrenO and Anon666 like this.
  10. Mael

Mael Professional

Great race Doublevision. I went the other way for ballast, raised ride height slightly and aggressive front camber. Clearly the wrong choice as I really struggled with understeer especially after the last pit stop. No way I could have made a one stopper work.

I have to thank @loris P. 's wife for the championship. Although I was catching him in the race there was no way I would have been able to get pass, that was until his wife took a lesson from Red-bull on switched his internet off. Happens to the best of us mate :(. Was a good season long battle.

Great thanks to @Cyber_STIG_77 for the season's work and @Driftoz for all the division 2 hard work, looking forward to the next one.:thumbsup:
  11. slideways

slideways New Recruit

I was the only one there last night in Div 2 and the other guys only did one race each for the season. On a personal note , I'm stoked to get up and steal 5th in div 2.
    Anon666, Peter Wise and Cherno like this.
  12. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Sorry Cap, Was planning on racing last night but kids soccer, late tea and grocery run killed that idea :(.
    We will get em next season
    Anon666 likes this.
  13. Pete

Pete Rookie

Congrats on the win DoubleVision. As they say Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
    Congrats to Mael on the championship. Commiserations to loris on getting d/c'ed.
    I really want to see the last lap dof Div1.

I didn't do enough preparation and should have learnt my lessons on the one stopper.

Thanks to @Cyber_STIG_77 for organising this season. Good car and good mix of race formats and interesting tracks (except Eastern Creek :) ) made for some good racing. Thanks to @Driftoz for running the div 2 server.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Mael inspired. Top ballast carriers for each div
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Mael likes this.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

Another few minor awards :)

Koastr get the "Phillip J Fry" Pizza delivery award with an average of 58 large pizza's delivered per race. @loris P. get a honorable mention with 53 pizza's per race in second place.

The qualifying award goes to Shaun Allan who had some incredible consistency in qualifying! Internet Veteran came in second pushing Cherno into third by a hair's width.

[​IMG]
    Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  16. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

great racing, great season, thanks to those that put it on.
    qualed last (10th) only got a handful of prac laps in, so wasnt bothered, finished 8th, enjoyed that race, with darren spinning early i knew i had to keep my wits about me as he was gaining slowly then with Robs pit problems it spurred me on to catch him and grab another spot.

bring on the next season!!!
    Anon666, loris P. and DarrenO like this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    great sentiment, so true. :thumbsup:
    Cherno likes this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    And Mael gets the "People's CHOOZ Award" for quality random chartage! :roflmao:
    [​IMG]
    Anon666 and Cherno like this.
  19. Shampwho

Shampwho Rookie

hey, how come im not even on the quali chart!! haha..
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

o_O Position 21 due to a poor quali at Sachsenring, otherwise you did quite well, unless you mean another chart? @Shampwho
    loris P. likes this.