GT-Sport [COMPLETED] (30/6) RACEONOZ Bathurst 3 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, May 10, 2018.

1. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, that was tough.

Probably my worst performance under blue flags ive ever had. The blue flags seem to come out far too early compared to what Im used to and that made it so hard to judge when the faster car was actually needing to pass me. Into the 3rd hour, I worked out that if i got blue flags anywhere near forrest elbow, I wouldnt have to move out of the way untill somewhere on Mountain Straight. So many times earlyish in the race that I got blue flags, so pulled off to the side and let off the accelerator only to be waiting and waiting and waiting for the car behind to get past. I think me and Coxy drove past each other about 5 times each as one of us was pulling aside for faster cars. A few times, id be looking in reverse, only to at the very wrong moment pick up a bit of the dirt and nearly spin and clean up the faster car. I know I hit Xlxy90 in the chase at some point, so massive apologies for that. Also to i think Hihatjoe who as I was exiting the pits for the first time I drove straight into the side of him. And apologies to all for my blue flag performance in general.

Overall, considering I've only just started playing GT Sport, id never driven the Viper around Bathurst untill the race, ran on the absolute base tuning setup and actually hadnt even unlocked Mt Panorama in Arcade mode untill i got the rewards AFTER the race, Im pretty stoked to finish only 9 laps down completing I think 80 laps. Im a long way off the pace, but hey, you have to start somewhere.

Im in quite a bit of pain now, so that means I'm going to have a few celebratory JDs before I head to bed.
  2. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    That was INCREDIBLE! Well done @JonoStan96 and co on setting this up. Looking forward to the next one.
  3. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    6 laps down for me in the other room, but you’re right, everybody has a first time!
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @Jurassic Mark well done on hanging in there mate. That knock didn't cost me that much time, don't stress about it. You redeemed yourself with how well you dealt with blue flags from there after.

Shout out to everyone that stuck out for the 3 hours!

Props to @JonoStan96 and testers for creating one hell of an event.
  5. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Man that was Tough.....:confused: Thanks Johno for all the work you and all the tester's put in.....:thumbsup:
  6. Noremac

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Hate to say it but I think @MINT_GTR needed to stay flat out and not slow up for a piss.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

1st lap was just under 3 mins.
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I think luckily that bump came off worse for me as i ended up deep in the sand in the chase. Glad it didnt trouble you to much.

And a great point I missed in my post. Thanks to those who organised this. It was good fun. If the numbers allow it, i'll be happy to jump in the next one.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Easily the best event I've done hands down. Was busy the whole 3 hours, congrats to @MINT_GTR on the will and a big thanks to @JonoStan96 for making this one to remember
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Thank you jono for the months and months of testing and dealing with the crap

Also shoutout to everyone for patiently waiting (lol no one was patient ;) )
    Had to pop in and visit a mates charity/ fundraiser for his disabled sister had to be at least respectful as I was invited. Was there for about an hour or so and headed home fast not even bothering to change my livery, racing with a Craig Lowndes livery I hate T8

But what’s 15 minutes of 3 hours anyway :rolleyes:
    MINT_GTR, arakasi-, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  11. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Despite my disappointment i have to thank @JonoStan96 for the months of work and effort thats gone into making this event as successful as it was. Also to everyone involved in the bop testing thanks for all your hard work it payed off with everyone being so close together.

Congrats @Noremac on the win buddy wish i could have given you a race up front but didn't have the race pace to compete with you. Really looking forward to the next installment of the 3 hour races.
    MINT_GTR, arakasi-, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Will post a full debrief tomorrow but for now just enjoy what’s probably the best battle I’ve ever had here.

13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Fk Craig Lowndes
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That’s my dad you’re talking about. He’ll knock you out fat boy
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Shut up you small btch XX
  17. Noremac

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Had a very similar battle with @xlxy90 in the first stint. Think we both made a pass around the outside of each other at The chase. Was a very tense first 20 laps.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

That was always going to be my result. Trying to get that thing quick over one lap is pointless. After 87 laps i still had 9 tenths of a second from my best lap, which was my last lap. To my optimum lap. Im blaming everything because a racing driver never blames themselves.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you @JonoStan96 and those who helped test to give this event the foundation it needed to succeed.
    Thank you to all who participated and stuck it out until the very end to put the icing on the cake!
    It was great to meet @KeedenMcdonald , apologies to him for my lack of pace and cheap (compared to his) rig and wheel!
    I had a prior engagement so we met up at my place at about 6:15 for a healthy energizing meal of pizza and garlic bread and then set about getting keeden as comfortable as possible in my rig.
    We knew we would struggle when he couldn't get better than high 2:01s but our aim was to get the pig... I mean Viper around the track for 3 hrs with no (or minimal) mistakes.
    Our driver change was seamless and our driving wasn't too shabby either with only 1 major mistake from both of us doing 2x45min stints each.
    My favorite part of the night was coming out for my final stint to bring it home and having an awesome battle with @Toranafan-02 . We actually managed side by side from T3 to T4/5 which was intense!

Next race, Keeden can pick the car lol
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    btw I noticed a couple posts thanking me for work done for this event, and I need to state, that I really didn't do anything.
    This was all @JonoStan96 , so kudos to him :thumbsup: