AC [COMPLETED] Assetto Corsa Hot Lap Challenge 3

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Anon666, Mar 28, 2015.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    what setting for "skies" has everyone be using? probably good to figure out what is optimal and stipulate that. I've been using "clear" so far. Anyway 3 more laps came up with this.

[​IMG]

I reckon there's a 17 in it for me if I can get it all in one lap. Will have a play with the skies setting too.

Edit: conditions as per OP clear gives asphalt 34°C when I boot up a session, heavy cloud 24°C.
    Quite a difference, have to test how it affects performance...
    Edit: I think lower track surface temp is more forgiving if you get messy, in that your tyre temps don't skyrocket so rapidly and cool down again quicker. But your lap is knackered by that point anyway, so I don't see it being a significant factor in setting your ultimate time.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Bloody hell @KoAStR look what you made me do.... I blame you for this! :alien:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Peter Wise likes this.
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    haha wow smashed it! what a jump. can see you were chasing that time hard. not happy to settle for just a few hundredths faster then put the magic lap together for a whole notherr second and a half! well done.

what sky setting did you use?
  4. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well my second lap had a 17 and I knew if I just had a few laps I would get that golden lap.. To be honest on a perfect lap I could get another 4-6 tenths from going by my delta times... So there is a 16 in there and a WR, but it would be one hell of a lap! But pushing that 17 it was a lap where I just went for and pushed, and over committed and it paid off :)

Sky settings are the same, or normal? whatever the default is...
    Peter Wise likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I used to eye my optimum's and delta's on iRacing but kinda pleased not to view them in AC, just found it frustrating when I couldn't match it which became distracting.

Lol overcommitting - that's it I get a few tenths up and want to guard that, so a fine line to walk between paying off and throwing it away! :x3: Satisfaction though, must be great. Sounds like a good replay, you better figure out how to get a video up! :p

I don't remember what default sky setting is :oops:
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Alright, this goose is cooked. WD Rotor and everyone else for having a go, will sort out the final times when I get 5 minutes next.