GT6 [Completed] BJH Memorial Race of Champions - season 5

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Jan 5, 2015.

1. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Can't forget the donuts at the end lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    What a drive Hatfield! Absolutley mega job and crazy pace, very well deserved! Enjoy the Car no.1, the Signiture, and of course, the bragging rights :)
    My race was chaotic to say the least! I knew id have a slight pace advantage over Jono, but not enough of an advantage to keep him out of my slipstream so when the stopwatch decided it was my time to go, i knew the fight was never going to be easy!
    After a bit of sorting ourselves out i came out in front to lead Jono and i tried to get into a rythem and hunt down that 1st place. Rather quickly however, just 2 clean laps infact and i was having to get past some drivers. Thankfully i managed to get a few drivers in the slipstream or when they made a slight error so i was very lucky and also fortunatley this had allowed me to break away from Jono who was still filling my rear view at the time.
    So now the fight was on to chase down AO, Getting a better run out of eau rouge and down the Kemmel straight when unfortunatley his wife decided to make life easy for me. Tough luck with that mate, could of been a fun scrap!
    Chasing down Emmo was alot of fun too and i had a feeling he would have the inside covered into the busstop so i made a bold move around the outside and got the job done, however emmo didnt block the inside so it was really just me making life more difficult more myself!
    After getting past stiff i had 4 odd laps to chase down Viperzed who was roughly 10 seconds in front of me, i knew i could get there in time if i pushed 100%, but with 2nd just up the road at this point i decided 110% was in order and unfortunaltey i ended up over driving the car and on lap 12 coming through the 2nd last right hander, well, i took too much inside grass, it speared me across the gravel and i came out sideways, narrowly missing the outside wall, but gaining an amazing photo opportunity!
    I pushed on 110% and came ever so close but it just wasnt to be and Viper pipped me for a podium! Well done to the top 3, you all did extremley well! Thanks for the event Tim, was a blast!
    -Bobo
    Ad2mny, JonoStan96 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  3. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Well done to Hat tonight, great race pace which meant we were never going to catch you. Sickskills, Turbo and I were shaping up for some good racing until on Lap 3, I pushed it too hard, looped it at the bus stop and ended up in the gravel. Then had to watch the entire field whistle past by before rejoining only to select reverse and put myself deeper into the sand so race over. I continued on hoping to pick up a couple of spots but my pace wasn't where it needed to be so finished 13th. Despite my result, I really enjoyed the event and although I hadn't met Bruce Hale, it was a moving experience to see the Lap of Honour in his car and the minute silence as a tribute. He was obviously held in very high esteem by the ROOZ community. Well done to TB and others that organised this race, I look forward to the chance in competing in it again next season. see you all trackside.
    Watto
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Apart from my first lap spin that was by far the best driving I have done at spa I was doing low to mid 2:13 all race with a 2:12.9 in there as well I tried my best to say with Hatfield and somehow keep him to 4 seconds to take 2nd place it was a great race to be apart of thanks guys great racing by all
    Watto64 likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I knew coming in a wasn't going to win as I was starting with two guys who had spanked me all season and the Div 6 guys starting 17 seconds ahead had shown with their seasonal lap times that they were much quicker than me. At the start I got distracted watching Turbo faffing about just ahead of us as he had false started and was backing back into position, I missed the 17 second marker and only woke up when Stiff nearly tail ended me as he took off behind me. Hat got the best start of the three of us Div 5 guys and being a row ahead of Stiff help him to have a very clean run. For about 9 laps I just kept it tidy and watched Hat disappearing off into the distance while I was able to hang onto a three second gap behind Stiff much longer than I thought my speed would allow. I set my PB of 2:13.9 in there somewhere. I was looking back at the raging battle behind which for a long time was led by Turbo, but then Bobo broke through that pack and quickly rounded me up. It was about then that i started to wobble, I was horrified to see Jono spin behind me and was wondering if I had lag punted him or something, I had intended to let him through easily as he is a fellow GRT driver. On lap 11 I brought myself undone and lost 10 seconds to a spin and let most of the world go by as well. I just tried to set a better PB over the last couple of laps but overdriving prevented any improvemet.
    All in all I was just glad to get a run among the best ROOZ drivers on such a fabulous track. I don't think I deserved to be there and was really shocked to be a prequalifier.
    Congratulations to Hat, it was an amazing drive and must have been far more satisfying than the Pontiac GTO drive the night before.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you for all the kind words.
    @emmo46 you are right about the pontiac lol

After receiving some driving tips with this car from @Mustafur just before the cape ring round this season, and watching @R0T0R-AU86 run some practice laps for ROC, I knew I could do much better than my previous effort at Spa.
    This was confirmed by @t_b_williams when he let me know that my qually lap was the equal greatest time improvement over normal season times.

@disturboed false start spooked a lot of us up front, but I looked to the clock just in time to see 15 secs had elapsed so I made the start perfect and watched as @emmo46 missed it
    I needed to make sure @Stiffsht couldn't get my slipstream to make life easy on myself to focus on catching the leaders...and I did exactly that.
    Had a couple wobbles during the race, but nothing major and pushed the car as hard as I could without making mistakes.
    When I caught @Viperzed & @v8power383 we were coming into the final S
    I broke where I normally would and shot up the inside of Viper and then took v8 shortly after, completing the pass before Eau Rouge.
    He towed down the straight but my late braking cut him off of slipstream before the next straight.
    I started to pull away but then with a few to go I saw the gap come down as v8 found more pace to match me. However, it was too little too late.

I will wear the signature proudly.
    RIP BJH
    Ad2mny, WAC, skywalker and 6 others like this.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Thanks all for some fantastic racing last night, was tense with @Hatfield and @v8power383 for a few laps! Leading the field I knew I needed a good start and I did the exact opposite, jumping it and losing out to v8 at the start, was on the back of him through the middle sector, looking to make the move after pouhon then V8 took a bit too much kerb and spun it. I led watching the carnage behind me and with 5 to go I had a 3.5 second lead (i think) and they were catching me at half a second a lap. I started to get a bit confident and it went downhill from there. Suddenly I lost a full second in one lap and i got worried so i over drove the car out of les combes and spun it :/ (With the aid of mum scaring me) Only just managing the stay ahead of V8, I realised Hatfield was right there and was worried but at blanchimont, v8 made his move and so did Hatfield. The win was gone for me. Bobo started coming behind me and I knew I was screwed but in my panic I set my fastest lap by over half a second which almost surely saved me from bobo and importantly, 3rd place on my debut :) Was hoping to re write the books and become the first rookie to win it but i can still become the first 12ie next season ;)
    v8power383 likes this.
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Always love racing, but unfortunately didn't have a lot of time for GT6 during the week, and only did around 10 laps prac (when I did play, I had spent my time hitting cones in the skyline lol), I was way off pace my normal pace. If I ever get the opportunity again, I'll try not to waste it!

That said, fantastic drive Hat! Even if the race was a week earlier I dont think I could have caught you. Super drive to keep it together, knowing that some fast guys are reeling you in fast ;)