GT6 [Completed] Honda Fun Night

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Feb 26, 2017.

?

How do you want the grid to be determined?

1. 1-lap qualifying for each race

18.2%
  2. Reverse grid from previous race results

54.5%
  3. Grid based from previous race results

18.2%
  4. Other (please specify)

9.1%
  1. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Will be on time now. Forgot I finish study an hour early on Tuesday night.
    StigsTC likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
  3. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

4. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

count me in, going shopping now
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    So the fun and games of getting into the room counts as the endurance leg of the event right?
    Hatfield and REVO_Bryan like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    a mixed night

took forever to get going with sight issues and room join issues and when we finally did, we still had sight issues but soldiered on

screwed up T2 of qually and started last but finished mid pack finding I had some pace

race 2 was unlucky with an unghost in front of me and then a spinning driver moving over to let me passed...only moving into my path lol

race 3 I may have tapped @Knuckles but wasn't sure if it was lag so I waited a few corners later but then had someone lose in front of me and again found I had pace and finished mid-pack

the hsv race made my night much better.

got into 1st from the 2nd row (had a few guys leave due to lateness) and held the gap to the battling @ssman244 & @StigsTC

with 2 to go I made a slight error so that stigs was now all over me. He couldn't find a way passed until the final lap where I made a slight error into spoon, and he made the pass but at the exit he made a slight error and we were side-by-side from there and both made it through the fast left hander with stigs pulling out enough to be in front into the final S...

This was when an out of control ssman hit the cone which launched him into the side of stigs and let me through for the win lol
    StigsTC and REVO_Bryan like this.
  8. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
  9. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    A little closer than I had intended! Was sort of gnawing away on the bumper trying to work out why I wasn't getting any closer until I realised the car was longer than I thought it was lol.

That was a mega battle, you just had too much in defence and I couldn't work an opening until that error in spoon, still not sure how I got the run in the middle of spoon to get clear but it was too good apparently! Carried a tad too much and just had that tiny little slide on exit and it was side by side going up to 130R.
    "2 wide through 130R? Are we doing this? Are we? REALLY? Oh of course we are its the last- HOOOOOO WHOAAHH YEAAAAA- Is that SSman? OH NO SH... Ahhhhh dangit."
    You earned that one Hat with your defence and for making us go 2 wide through 130R cleanly.

Glad everyone loved the Integra, would have been better if I'd put it on pole so you ALL had to stare at it but fluffed the final chicane and Bob nailed a ripping lap for pole. Think SSman, BMX and I were practically on top of each other's times.
    Had a fun launch with no dials so had to guess the 1st to 2nd shift, got lucky with it and did a quick pause-unpause to get them back without losing a spot into T1. Made a few mistakes after that and gave away the battle for the lead with BMX, SSman and Bob, couldn't quite get back in touch, and after SSman got DC'd, both were just too quick.
    S2000 race got cheeky in the first lap chaos and got punished, then dropped it at Degner on lap 2 after passing about 5 cars that'd spun off, only to find out on lap 3 I had an absolute rocket ship. Tried to catch BMX but 10 seconds in 3 laps wasn't possible.
    NSX race, got nudged to take the shortcut out of 2 and dropped in at the back, just sort of acquired positions slowly to find SSman had a monster lead, and then fastest lap. Next few laps he made some errors and slipped back and I nicked fastest lap back but wasn't able to close it down.
    HSV race I only remember chasing down SSman and Hatfield, getting by on SSman but him displaying mature race craft and nabbing me straight back once or twice. Then the last 2 laps gnawing on Hat's bumper and the amazing/ridiculous last half of the lap.

It was all rather good fun you might say.
    bmx_mtb_boy and B-Spec Bob like this.
  11. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Race 4: HSV GT500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  12. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    It wasn't a stand out night for me.. being invisible and always starting 2 rows behind everyone else :speechless:
    Congrats to @bmx_mtb_boy , @ssman244 and @Hatfield on taking the win(s).
  13. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Great night, loving the manufacturer nights. Qually started my lap awfully going through the esses but pulled through on the back half of the lap to get 3rd.
    Race 1. Integra was quick and I fought my way into the lead until I stuffed up under brakes into the final chicane on dirty tyres and burried me in the pack before my mighty dsc.
    Race 2. My S2K was quick in a straight line but had little balance in the twisties. Grip was always a struggle and has an incident and then a second putting me right down the back.
    Race 3. NSX starting up near the front was quick, put the hammer down to pull away from the pack then made some mistake towards the end of the race allowing Stigs to close in, thankfully the early gap paid off and I made it home in 1st.
    Race 4. My tune was made for cornering, didn't have very good drive out of the corners and on the straights at all, Stigs and Hat made it really tight as I had to try everything to keep up with them. After they went through 130R side by side I was able to get a run on hat to go for the last chicane, Just before I was about to pull out of the slipstream I felt Hat jumped on the brakes earlier than I expected when I was probably just going to quick with the slipstream and better run on him, swerved right violently to miss hitting his rear and found the grass where I became a passenger. Went for my start button on the wheel and hit the PS button! Therefore collecting Stigs like Premat hitting Courtney at Phillip Island 2013! Sad way to end the race, cause it was so intense the whole way through, but I'm glad it's all in good fun in the end. Great racing guys.
    StigsTC and Hatfield like this.
  14. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Votes for Car mods,
    Race 1, Knuckles Integra
    Race 2, Bryans S2k
    Race 3, Benny NSX Type R
  15. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Because we don't have photos from the first race, we can only vote for the best S2000 and NSX. You have until the end of Friday to vote.
  16. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Race 2 - Bryan_F
    Race 3 - Cola1001
    Race 4 - SSman for the unofficial big air competition.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have race 1 results or did I miss them somewhere here?
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Results still MIA.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i will have to go through the replays and get what I have. missing a few guys who will need to fill in their blanks though