GT6 [Completed] Japanese GT Championship 2000

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Sep 29, 2016.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 5 Room 1 Results
    Pole: Bob
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10. Jay (disconnected on grid)
  2. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Sorry I didn't make it tonight fellas, I was practising beforehand and thinking I'll give it a go but a change of plans and the fact I didn't want to get in the way of a tight championship battle, I let it rest tonight as I'll focus on Season 12.
  3. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Great series win benny.
    Pretty happy with my first competition.
    Not perfect but a good learning curve..
    Cheers for your commitment and dedication
    Hatfield.
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Had a great launch and pulled a tidy gap over the first few laps before @Jaycie dc'd the first time so hard luck mate. Had another great launch on the restart, only I'd somehow stuck it in reverse gear.. so yet another Tokyo R246 race to add the list of pole to last by T1 :x3: It did set up a rather interesting battle through the field though so at least I had some fun there. Well done to @StigsTC on taking the series :thumbsup:
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Congratulations to @StigsTC & @its-benny-racer on the division championships!

Thanks Stigs for all your hard work regarding BOP and thanks to everyone else for making i when you could
  7. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Last race was probably the best I drove all season. Struggled in qualifying to start last and almost went to 2 stops until I started catching the leaders around the 1/3 mark. Somehow kept it all together in the race aided by chaos on the 1st lap of the restart and pretty good tyre wear to make it home in 3rd. Good racing all season everyone. Almost makes up for the steering wheel losing power during practice. Teardown and inspection to happen later.
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    That was a very eventful race for me last night. Thrilling and heartbreaking in equal measure.

The start was fantastic, I went from 7th on the grid to 2nd by Turn 2, mostly due to luck and others' incidents. Now that I was ahead of @StigsTC, I thought to myself, "all I need to do is keep him behind, and the championship is mine!". Much easier said than done, haha. Once again the pace of the NSX was too hot for me to handle, and the advantage on the straights was not enough to compensate for the woeful high speed cornering of the Diablo.

Haven been overtaken before the halfway mark, I tried a risky early pitstop, attempting to undercut the frontrunners. But clipping the outside wall on the exit of Turn 1 sealed my championship hopes. Struggling to find pace on the new set of tires, I eventually was overtaken by most of the field.

All in all, I enjoyed the races, considering I could barely drive the car before the first round. I thought I'd give myself a challenge by picking the Diablo, and boy did I get one! Congrats to Stigs on the championship, with his scintillating pace he fully deserved the win. Because I won't mention the possible conflict of interest of creating the BoP and competing for the championship at the same time. :whistling:

And big thanks to @Hatfield for creating a very entertaining event between seasons.
    Jaycie, bmx_mtb_boy, StigsTC and 3 others like this.
  9. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    When I saw you do it my thought train was: "That's early. No that's bold. No wait, that's brilliant." It was a very fighting strategy and Knuckles who pitted the lap after came out well ahead of me so it would have worked in giving you back track position to fight on into the second half of the race and I applaud your never give up attitude.

I gave you a one round head-start :p

But seriously I was and still am willing to defend my BoP at any track, just need time to re-adjust to style of each car and venue. Did it for the Viper at Tsukuba and did it again in the GT-R after Tokyo. It is not in my interest for me to go and spec my car faster, because then nobody wants to come racing and if there is nobody racing I've ruined it for me also.
    I was actually surprised that the only time you guys beat a BoP reference I set was @B-Spec Bob at Tokyo, clearing the time after we came in for fresh boots having narrowly missed beating it in the first half while we all battled in traffic. I'm sure he would have taken it in the first half given his QP time if he'd had a clean start. With the quality of guys here I was sure someone was going to go around faster than my BoP times at most races so I was greatly surprised it only happened at Tokyo.

Again thanks to @Hatfield for hosting the series and affording me much flexibility for how late he was willing to wait on BoP numbers to come in, the extra day(s) made a world of difference in my confidence in field equality.