GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Bathurst 2 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    Good fun race. Thanks for organising @Viperzed (and hosting room 3 @Xtr3meNZer), I know a lot of work went into getting that event up.
    Xtr3meNZer and Viperzed like this.
  2. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    Was that me?
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Different room mate.

Gave it my all but ultimately the Beetle’s fuel consumption completely took me out of any chance of a competitive finish. Frustrating to be similar to the leader’s pace only to lose effectively an extra pitstop worth of time in taking on extra fuel.

Keen for the next one in a power car.
    Cameron Neame and Viperzed like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Big Red Pressure Highlight Moment for me was @MINT_GTR telling me while I was passing him up mountain straight (after he had just passed me at the chase the lap prior), in a very stern and serious tone "Think about what you're doing Hatfield"
    MINT_GTR and Viperzed like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    And the fat lady sings. What a monumental event and one that I think I can easily say has been one of the most successful stand alone community event in Australian GT Sport history! I cannot thank everyone enough from all the effort in BOP testing, livery making, tuning, race practice, organising qualifying, hyping up an incredible shootout and of course, three seperate rooms on fathers day!

I ran a strong race, embedding myself in the top 5 early in the first stint as the top 3 of Keeden, Risky and Matt slowly gapped us behind, Matt suffered some hardware issues and fell back towards us and by this point I had Norm, Sidawg and AmazingHour for company. Made some poor calls in that train and by the end of the stint I found myself out of slip stream and bowling a wide at McPhillamy which in hindsight may have cost me a P6 finish.

Stint 2 begun just after the 40min marker and involved some of the best driving I've ever done on a wheel on GT Sport. Sat a mere tenth or two off my optimum for about 15 laps straight lapping in clean air on my own as the strategy battle formed for the end.

But then for stint 3 it just kind of didn't. I rejoined for my final stint just ahead of Rangeraus and tugged him along for the ride before he fell off pace wise and I couldn't make any inroads on the cars ahead which was bizarre to me. Norm slowly fell back towards me and on the final lap I slid up his inside at Griffins thinking I'd secure P7, Unfortunately this idiot hit the inside wall at the dipper and Norm was right back on me, He made a very tidy outside move at The Chase and I was unable to create any magic at Murrays.

Pretty unreal to be only 25 seconds off Keeden over a 2 hour race and be in P8.......woah.

Huge congrats to @KeedenMcdonald on a flawless drive and again to @Hatfield on a comeback whilst steering with very sore hands. @LR__AmazingHour rounding off the podium from P13 was a great drive also.

I must say though I was incredibly disappointed in some of the driving standards last night in Room 1 especially. The lack of redressing was very poor especially when some people's races were ruined within the first 15 minutes. I never want to see that in any of my events again. As I stated in my drivers briefing, I do have a stewards team on call if anyone would like anything looked at.

Please keep an eye out for the next event thread, The final one of the year where we turn the dark on and go racing under lights!
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Was there a stream of the momentous event?
    Dybo likes this.
  7. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    I am very happy I said that because the pace you had after that moment was awesome!! Congrats on P2 mate and you also now have a kick up the ass line if you need it in future pressure racing moments haha
    stucar17 and Hatfield like this.
  8. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    There were many POV streams, yes.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    A few of the boys streamed their POV, They were linked yesterday on the last page
  10. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    @Viperzed awesome event mate, kudos to you for organising it.

My race sucked. I was well off the pace but while battling and in tow I could stick with the pack. Some very average driving at the start put a stop to that. Seems as though this incident wasn’t isolated from the inflictor as I’ve heard. Extremely disappointing to see considering we were all ready to go and had to wait for this individual to begin, only to have incidences with 4 drivers (to my knowledge) and then up and leave without a quarter of the race being complete. I hope there’s a public apology on its way.

A had brief battles with a few cars but they were very short lived. The car didn’t want to comply and was misbehaving at moments where it had never misbehaved before. Felt like I putted around for at least half the race with no real goal in sight, cars in front were too far away and the car behind was too far to be concerned about.

Congrats to the podium sitters in all 3 rooms, mighty effort.

Always looking upwards for the next one, cheers
    Viperzed likes this.
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Is some one able to shair the Replay on psn please
  12. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Thank you @Viperzed for all your hard work organising the event. My race started off very well. Managed to avoid all the mess at the start. Pace was looking good & my fuel situation was looking even better. I passed @gtkingx at Murray's corner but unfortunately I got on the kerb & hit the wall on main straight. Lost plenty of postions & 3 laps later I binned it at Hells Corner. I obviously hate backing out of races, but I just felt a little frustrated. Congratulations to @KeedenMcdonald @Hatfield & @LR__AmazingHour on the strong drives.
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Yeah thanks for that but i didn't wanna watch the world champion drive around. I only asked as we generally have some awesome live streams of big events. Nevermind, but it was still a momentous event @Viperzed
    Viperzed likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I may attempt a highlights from my POV if you want to see many overtakes and some side-by-side battles
    Randm90 likes this.
  15. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    That’s a shame. Could have learnt a thing or two
    Viperzed and Randm90 like this.
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    The 'World Champion' moniker under Jono's username is related to the number of posts and likes he has made or recieved on Rooz. @incey has the same thing for example.
    incey, Kieran_B33 and Randm90 like this.
  17. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Excellent @Hatfield appreciate effort. When you able with your time.
  18. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Fantastic "I answer for everyone" glad i asked you
    Apex_64 likes this.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Was just stating a fact to clear up confusion, and I get unwarranted abuse. What's new.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I got the footage I needed during lunch break, only to find the microphone in the PS5 controller is on and the footage has background noise of my kids asking questions while watching lol
    I'll have to go record the replay again