PCARS-2 [Completed] RTEC 2018 Round 3 - 2.5 Heures du Mans

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by its-benny-racer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    All good boys. The game crashed so it's no ones fault. Just a random thing, I'll take it as a engine or gearbox blow up!
    Did anyone get a screen shot of the results for me? It'll be a short spidey video this week! Haha
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah sorry mate. No matter what I tried there on the hards it would just aquaplane. Was losing about 20 seconds per lap. Ended up pitting again to put wets back on just for that corner lol.
  3. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Nah don't be sorry caught me buy surprise is all cause I saw you in the distance and thought things were sweet, was mucking around with the RS dash look up and you're still there, I was like faaark.
  4. Duncs_48

Duncs_48 Rookie

PSN ID
    duncs_48
    Cheers for the invite too fellas, had a ball. Made a few mistakes, but running long with the wets payed off. Nice win Ben.
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

After all of the testing and setup work I did for this race, in the end I can thank @Racepace talking about the dangerous return from wet to dry condition for the result last night. From this news I immediately jumped on to test the wet to dry transition which helped me make the right choice during the race.

As the track was drying out, I binned it coming out of the Porsche curves and had to pit straight away a lap earlier than intended. Decided there that I would leave the wet tyres on, which turned out to be the deciding factor. Hoppy and TB both changed to slicks and it only took 1 trip through Mulsanne for me to be back in the lead (lost due to damage repair time).

From there the gap quickly grew to over a minute, only for me to bin it again but with less damage. Was able to carry on like that, emptying the fuel tank before pitting for the final time for slicks and the last full tank. From there I joined the struggle to get through Mulsanne without spinning or getting damage.

Certainly not a boring race, and I come out with a greater appreciation for the guys that do this in real life. Looking forward to Spa next month, a very different track from what we have done so far, should be a lot of fun.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Hatfield, Duncs_48, Spidey_11 and 2 others like this.
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    For so late in the race it’s looks a bit risky in how you attack some of those corners. Also that move on the Ford GTE in the last sector could easily have ended both your races. Close call.
  7. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    Risk it for the biscuit. Lol my strategy would of paid off with the likes of duncs48 if it went smoothly
    I had problems with my first stop didnt change to wets the put crew put softs on lol. I was 3 minutes behind first and had wets finally on i stretched them out in the morning as the track drying. I was hunting water for 50 ltrs of fuel. They got hot then id cool them down. Was managing that while everyone decided to switch to slicks except its-benny. Made up all that time and had a mad battle with tb for the finish. In the end i pushed too hard on a few corners i couldn't get it. Done. Fourth is good though concidering i was pretty much 13th at 40mins in
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

Someone wanted to see my qually lap.
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

a very fond farewell to Le Mans, here's my qually laps

10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Anyone got screen shots of the results?!
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I got this, but I'm not sure if anyone left the room before I got it. Also, not sure of DSC order sorry.

[​IMG]
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    That speed difference in sector 1 and 2
  13. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Cheers Gary! So far I’ve got nothing so this is fantastic
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i'll shoot thru the screenshot of the in game results to the rtec chat thread when i turn it on, familia isnt in this list
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    A comparison of the GTE’s in Team FCR’s garage.

garyw61 likes this.
  16. its-benny-racer

In order to complete the points table, I need to know who the following drivers were filling in for:
    • Duncs_48
    • JDM_TUNING-FD35
    Also, I remember Spidey disconnected early on and 1 more person whom I can't recall.
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Both were driving for Team Handbrake
  18. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Pretty sure I DC first then Kman who is taking the FCR seat for the remainder of the season
  19. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    Was good result for handbrake. Unlucky for FCR Though. Both Disconnects hopefully wont happen again.
    Duncs_48 and Spidey_11 like this.