GT6 [COMPLETED] State of Origin Series IV

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jan 5, 2015.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Grrrr got disconected from server. Was in a good position too keeping up wid the fast boys. Ohh well at least it wasn't near the end of the race, that would of really pissed me off.
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I hate sensitive pedals, im crying, last stop car filled to top then was down on power. I had slayer and TB on toast, well at least I would've been amongst them both at the end with my stratyergy. but I sat in pits too long then couldn't keep up with light fuel cars crying crying crying.
    However, the quality of racing was fantastic, Jono did a great job putting all this together.
    Well done to the winners in both rooms.
    NAACS'y
  4. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Lewis room
    [​IMG]
    11th fastboysmith - Lap 45 (1:11.522)
    12th BeauAlbert6 - Lap 35 (1:11.109)
    13th slambobagan - Lap 22 (1:11.596)
    [​IMG]
    I think tb crossed in 6th, will have to check again.

Jono, I can't send you the replay because @176MB it says it's big to be exported to save data.
  5. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Gutted i missed out on tonight's race, but family is family. Anyway, what a fantastic series this is and the racing has always been clean and competitive. Jono you do a great job with this event, I'm keen for the next season of SOO.
    I do have but one question, i understand that there was a number of disconnections from the Johns lobby tonight, and i wonder how many of those DSC's can be put down to the PD servers, or whether there were any issues because a club lobby was used?
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Half the field DSC'd from the Johns lobby. Had issues with people joining too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Laps completed-Driver-lap time
    60 - SickSkillz - 1:11.385 (FL)
    46 - S54VED - 1:11.849
    37 - agolfer - 1:12.501
    34 - VARDZ - 1:12.352
    31 - Viperzed - 1:12.883

2 people DSC'd while in the pits.

What a brilliant car/track combo. For the first two stints it was wheel to wheel with first S54VED, Viperzed, WTF and VARDZ, and we passed poor emmo who spun out of the lead pack. Started to stretch out as drivers spun and bounced off walls, and I watched as emmo climbed back up through the field. Lap 13 while chasing S54VED for 4th I ran too hot in the middle of the final double left, running off track and losing 2 places. I stayed off the circuit until the traffic passed and now emmo and VARDZ were just ahead. This battle would last till my first stop lap 24, and was some of the best racing I've had here. VARDZ dropped off just before my stop, and my fronts were fading fast so I ducked in before emmo opened the gap too much, and he stayed out a couple more laps, and came back out just ahead of me again. Next few laps I really rode emmos bumper, until eventually he made a small mistake, running wide out of the 2nd tunnel lap 30 and I squeezed through the gap. The very next lap v8power fell back towards us after a mistake out the final turn, and it was a 3 way battle again. V8 seemed to move over for me, but there was no need, he was just as fast and at times faster, but our dicing allowed emmo to catch us and get by me lap 41 on the big half circle turn before second tunnel. It was getting towards half way now and my tyres were starting to fade again. Also a pressing urge that I tried to push to the back of my mind with little success was distracting me, but I managed to stay out till lap 48, dove in, waited impatiently to turn down fuel fill and bolted. I didn't make it back in time :(. Nearly 10 secs of just bouncing off the wall before I got back. So that was it for racing for position. Easyprey and Kieran provided something to aim at in the final stages, both showing respectable pace but just a little inconsistent in places, much like myself. Even though the final half hour was pretty lonely I still enjoyed just driving the circuit in this car, so flowing. Well done wtf, emmo (joker moved up to 2nd) and v8. Bad luck to the DSC's:(.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    skywalker and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'm hoping it was purely down to the raceonoz psn account not on everyone's friends list, but 2 DSC's appeared to be pit glitch, viper was glitching but not too badly, but the other two DSC's were totally random, with VARDZ crashing totally off psn (one of two drivers in the lobby on raceonoz' friends list) and not sure about SickSkillz but from the time his car stopped responding to when he DSC'd was very short, so I'm guessing he crashed right out too.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    *kicks cat across the hallway

What a bloody race, one of the most enjoyable and exciting races I've ever taken part in at ROOZ, and a great way to bring up the 200 mark. I was massively annoyed to DSC right at the very end, I would have loved to have saved the replay.

Despite starting from the middle of the pack, I performed the most perfect of launches and miraculously was leading after just 1 lap, it was like my birthday, easter, holidays and christmas had all come at once! With the main suspects suffering out back, I had to push hard to make a gap. I was high on confidence but Mustafur had also a great start and we spent the first stint battling hard, along with Slambo in tow. I was very surprised to see Mus pit early, I didn't think that strategy would work.

The stop was straight forward, only 5L to ease the burden later on. A poor mistake as fuel really does have an effect on a cars speed and unfortunately I ran the majority of the race with too much fuel. To my surprise CAGM had managed to be up with me after I left the pits, and managed to overtake me a lap later. Mustafur had dropped off the face of the earth and was well back. This started a 50 lap battle between us. I felt faster but I just couldn't find a way past. With the aliens still struggling I could not simply let a golden opportunity like this slip away.

I eventually got a great run and chucked it up the inside at Turn 1 to retake the lead. The gap was not increasing however. It was rather irritating as I had fresher tyres on the car. I had to make my car pretty wide, especially into turn 1, no way was I letting anyone overtake me there. Eventually, I pulled out roughly a 3.5 second gap before CAGM pitted again. 25 litres was too much when I came in a lap later, and again I running heavy. GT6 really needs an option to pre plan your pit stops.

We battled again for another 25 laps. Unfortunately our fighting meant warrior, who had cleared Seth and Mustafur, was gaining fast. Beau had disconnected at this stage so he had a clear run at us. With 35 minutes to go, it had suddenly turned from a "hold off CAGM to win" race to "FFS, warrior's going to clear us both and win again" race. As warrior caught CAGM, it allowed me to pull out a 1.5 second lead before CAGM went for the undercut again. I stayed out, wanting to pit on the same lap as warrior. He began flashing me to let him past, which from a teams point yes, but I got admittedly selfish as an opportunity like this comes around once in a blue moon, and I wasn't about to roll over and give up just yet.

I pitted one lap earlier than warrior in the hope we'd both catch CAGM at the end. My short run into my box hurt, as the fuel slider couldn't make up its mind on its scrolling speed. I was already up on my jacks before I had selected the fuel level, 2 precious seconds gone to waste. 40L was again far too much fuel, so it was no surprise to come out well behind CAGM and to see Warrior come out in front of me too. I was riddled with disappointment. All was not lost though, as warrior caught CAGM I was catching them. I was still in this as long as they were slowing each other down. Painfully, CAGM lost it all on his own at the final complex and the fat lady had sung. On older tyres, and a heavier fuel load, I didn't have a ghost of a chance of winning now. I could only pray warrior of all people would make an error, just something so I could win!

But it wasn't to be. I could only sit back and watch the gap to the first place I held on for so long grow, and grow, and grow. Doom and gloom is not on the agenda though, a double points 1-2 for NSW is absolute perfection in ending a season. Congrats Warrior on a stunning victory, yet another reminder of why you're the best driver here. And well done CAGM on a great drive, certainly spiced up the race for me, when all I wanted to do was be left alone!

On reflection, I'd like to thank you all for turning up to race and making Series 4 of Origin another resounding success. I've learnt a lot this time around on how to deal with the stresses or running a popular and expanding series. I must express my disappointment at the failure of any Tasmanian drivers to attend a race, that was a massive shame. I believe for next season the regulations regarding drivers in teams need to be more stringent, I am not comfortable with having 8 drivers in one team with just 3/4 in another. This may see the introduction of a second outsiders team, and could very much result in an expansion into 3 rooms, hopefully allowing closer results. I can't imagine driving around getting lapped by drivers you're not used to racing against would be a very pleasurable experience. The racing this season has been truly exceptional, and I'm very pleased. With these plans, Series 5 should be even better! Although a win would be welcome (damn you Warrior!!) :p

Cheers and Many Thanks, Jono
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    emmo46, Ad2mny, Nathancarhead and 2 others like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @N64TheStig007 maybe look at differing tire compounds based on division. In the 458 challenge when I happened to be on softs and musty was on hards, we had the same pace and some good racing (until I binned us both)
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I think my net was the cause of my dc.. Guys were doing work up the street. Had a few drop outs this week..

Don't think I would have caught wtf, but disappointing xoldnt get a 1-2 for qld :(

Was coming up and vardz in the straight but we ghosted so I pulled out, but guess he got distracted and then ran really wide and off at the hairpin... Felt really bad for ya!
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I thought thats why there was two rooms though.

Probably best to keep those in certian divisons in set rooms rather then going to the highest room and working your way down depending on how many in your team.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    If the races were much shorter then that would be something worth considering, but I like these races as enduros.

@emmo46, have you got the full results from your room?
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @N64TheStig007 Who had jokers and what time award were they given, I need this to work out the final results.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    In Lewis, Stiff:):):):) (VIC) had a 20 second joker, but DSC'd.
    Blue XR8 (SA) had a 40 second joker, but was lapped several times.

In Johns, WTFMAN (QLD) had a 20 second joker, stays in 1st
    Yourself had a joker of 40 seconds, but just missed out on 2nd by 6 tenths of a second.
    SickSkillz (NZ) had a joker of 10 seconds, but DSC'd.
    Kieran (BJH) had a joker of 5 seconds, but was lapped.

Also, @t_b_williams finished 6th, contrary to warrior's picture.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If I had a 40 seconds award as Joker I would be second, I was only about 11 seconds behind V8power.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm not having a very good day lol
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's a first and two seconds for NSW.
    JonoStan96 likes this.