GT-Sport [Completed] State of Origin Series VII

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Dec 12, 2017.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Enjoyed my first race on GTS except for a little moment that the race leader got a little precious lapping me with a 40 odd sec lead. The bump was unintentional at one of the slowest parts of the track and i backed out the moment i realised contact was made.... Congratz on the title by the way beau
    KeedenMcdonald and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Bloody hell lol. Was looking forward to using my Outsiders LMP for the final round and had put in a decent amount of practice but a last minute trip to gosford robbed me of what wouldvew been a fun race in one of the best cars in the game. Oh well lol, cant wait till the next SOO when hopefully illI be representing my Blues
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you should've come to visit since you were in my neck of the woods
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Somehow ended up with a 7 second lead but it was too good to be true, as I spent the rest of the race spinning like an idiot, getting caught out by the rather inconsistent hybrid deployment. I doubt I would have been able to hold off a very fast Keeden. I’m happy with a podium on what was my 500th ROOZ race.

Cheers for those who enjoyed some unique racing over the last 3 weeks.
    KeedenMcdonald, Jerry and Hatfield like this.
  5. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Had fun last night. Battled with @apex2691 for most if the race. Sorry about the taps here and there found these cars hard to judge into the last chicane when behind someone. Very happy with 5th in that field.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Dodgy country internet was my downfall once again. Honestly glad it happened for this race instead of the other 2. well done @KeedenMcdonald on the win.
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

I got a fair idea you were having problems with control under braking, possibly due to the controller. I felt like i was in a sport mode race with the Japanese :eek:, so I was very "Japanese sport" aggressive in defending my position :ninja:. Shame you had those couple of little spins and weren't more patient because you easily had me covered for speed and should have nabbed 4th.

Well done beau and NSW on your comprehensive flogging of the competition. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks to Jono for organizing the SOOS, and providing us with some decent racing over the break between seasons :thumbsup:
  8. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    More than happy with second in the race and second in the series. Didn't have the speed for Beau but felt good to come through the field as well as i did. Highlight has to be passing three cars in 2 corners, I'm pretty sure it was Beau,Apex and Pat.
    It's been a fun series to race in, I intend on doing more community events this year so keep them coming. Also congrats to Beau and NSW for winning the series.
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  9. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Div1 for you.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pretty disappointing to only have 14 (13) starters for such a big event.
    [​IMG]
  11. Jerry

Jerry Rookie

PSN ID
    OhItsMeJerry
    Thanks everyone. This event was my first with the community and I had a blast. Congrats to @KeedenMcdonald and the NSW squad for the win. Thanks @JonoStan96 for running the event (and pointing me in the right direction when I was lost for that last race), cheers! The goal I set for myself coming into the event was just to acclimatize myself to organized racing, not ruin anyone's race and lower my dependence on TCS (started on 3 now down comfortably to 1, hopefully 0 soon). I think I can tick the boxes on each of those.

It was a real eye opener having all the grades mixed together and an awesome opportunity to see how fast the Div.1 drivers are. My next goal for the upcoming season is to work on some f*** consistency! It's hard to kick the habit of punching the throttle in the middle of a turn even though I know its wrong. Hopefully I'll be driving a car instead of a merry-go-round and the quick times I'm pulling out of my a** during practice eventually become times I can actually use in races.

Cheers again and good luck to everyone for season 2.
    KeedenMcdonald and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Only just saw this lmfao
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Jerry and KeedenMcdonald like this.
  14. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Go me. Scored all of WA points!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    a literal one man team!
    and your team scored more than you did despite you being the sole member! GO TEAM
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Lol how?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    only top 2 results per team are counted for team points, so the ones below move up getting more points for the team
  18. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Oh ok
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    :D
    /flex
    Hatfield likes this.