GT-Sport [Completed] State of Origin Series VII

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Thank god. I was really starting to lose my mind wondering wtf was happening. I almost convinced myself it wasn't worth racing anymore because there seems to be nothing I can do about it. The most frustrating part is last night I struggled in quali, but not a lot, just felt like dirty tyres - then in the first race start it was fixed and had plenty of grip. Race gets restarted from a new lobby because of someone stuck on the grid. No grip in new lobby. Feels like I'm constantly in aero-wash - and the driver who we restarted for quit on turn 5 of the first lap.

@Viperzed and I also both experienced the same effect, but limited to one corner during practice. @AroGantz left the pit lane in front of us and out of nowhere both Viper and I binned it in the first corner taking identical lines. Only difference being Viper was about 3sec behind me on the track. Not close enough to be affected by following a car.
  2. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Cheers for assuming i quit mate. I got disconnected, optus was having issues in the Geelong area, apologies to everyone for the grid issue, but i got a great start and disconnected. Was pissed off to say the least.
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @Randm90 did you quit?
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Sounds like something a quitter would say in my opinion. thats what i pull when im hopeless ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Was doing just fine thankyou very much ;)
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  6. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    “Both viper and I binned it taking identical lines”

Maybe you both took the wrong line? :rolleyes:
    seth123, Zachery and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Don’t suppose you tried blaming NBN? Heard it helps your connection speed by 5.6 NBPS
    Kieran_B33, JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  8. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Nah. It was the exact same place we both had braked and turned in for the previous 25 laps in a row. Front end just washed out and threw us into the turn one run-off.

And technically you did quit. Not blaming your actions, just that we waited for you to restart only for you to not complete the first lap anyway. Just frustrating. It happens. I've been doing this for long enough to understand that these things happen. What I haven't experienced though is unexplained grip differences between sessions for individual drivers. So the issue snowballs into frustration.
  9. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    ..... Didn't @Randm90 just say he dsc? Was there a reason he would quit on turn 5 of lap 1? Because I doubt anyone would quit that early in a race.
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I’m taking Connors word over the new guys 7 days a week, know him personally and he’s a very honest bloke,

Unless you can physically prove with it there’s no case. Unfortunate things like this happen if you have been doing it this long maybe you would understand
    JonoStan96, Randm90 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  11. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    @Mezign are you actually that thick? I just said i diconnected. I had no reason to quit, and didn’t quit. I lost connection. On other people’s end i may have gone into the gravel, that wasn’t the case on my end, perhaps it was cause i disconnected... go figure
    JonoStan96 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]
    Viperzed and Randm90 like this.
  13. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Quit, disco, whatever. Result is the same. His car left the session.

What's done is done. No point personally attacking anyone over the interpretation of intention. This isn't schoolyard :):):):). Supposed to be a fun hobby.
  14. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    You’re saying you got frustrated at me? Putting me in a place that i should feel bad? I had no control over disconnecting?

You cant call someone out for something like that when they had no control over it. Get over yourself mate
    JonoStan96 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    ** INCORRECTLY Accuses someone of quitting **

**this isnt schoolyard :):):):) **

OH THE IRONY!
    seth123, JonoStan96 and Randm90 like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Guys cool it.

@Randm90 says he disconnected, so unless anyone proves otherwise, he disconnected.
    @Mezign I would appreciate not calling someone out like that without proof, and even with proof I would prefer a PM

Either way, we all make mistakes and sometimes thing just don't go right.

Now stop bickering, and either
    a) talk about how good my win was
    b) roast me
  17. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    F*** you Hatfield xoxo ;)
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Never said I was frustrated at you personally. This :):):):) happens dude. I'm frustrated at the series of events that turned last night's race on its head for me. That's all. Just weird :):):):) that is completely out of my hands.

I never blamed anyone, which is why in my OP I avoided naming you. I'm just annoyed that I have something affecting grip negatively and I copped it in both quali and the restart, but not the race that you were stuck on the grid for. I'm sure you'd feel the same if you had a great start and made a tonne of places only for a forced restart and get punted at turn one. It's basically the same thing. Just gets annoying.
  19. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Hatfield likes this.
  20. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    No No Hatfield stays in Div 1. Have enough people to take me out already LOL.
    Mezign and Hatfield like this.