GT6 [Completed] street events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    OP updated with some Jump (500PPJ) class events. I have slipped them in between the 400PP classics and 400PP Ramsay races.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    This is part of the reason I suggested that the car should be specific to the class and can't be swapped between them
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Maybe those with penalised Super cars should be banned from substituting their new Jump car in Super events until the jump car and super car are equally penalised. Or if you have a penalised super car you can run your jump car in super events with the same penalty if you wish.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I would advise those with existing pre '99 super cars that they use them in Jump events and buy a newer car for super events.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm full of suggestions at the moment, has any body got any anti suggestion tablets?. I think ten race wins is too many, I don't think anybody, not even AusNicko could win with more than a 25 to 30 PP penalty. especially in the lower PP events. My suggestion is we cut the wins to 5 before you can voluntarily dump a car.
    This won't affect me as I don't have any wins and can't see any on the horizon.
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I agree with you there, but I would like to add that the maximum PP penalty should be proportionate to the class (e.g. 5% PP penalty, giving us with 380, 475, 570 PP).
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    makes sense to me.:thumbsup:
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I subbed in my jump car as I feel like I will need a bit more top end at those specific tracks but I would have still chosen the subaru at more twisty circuits because I love driving it
    The whole idea is to bring the field closer together and give different drivers a chance at winning. As the fastest guys/cars are brought down, other get a better chance to win. Wouldn't it be less fun if just when you are getting on par with someone like nicko, he gets a 5th win and then goes back to a full powered car?
    I am already up to 4 wins in the subaru and I am having great battles with most people...In the last 500pp event I came third in each race to only nicko and bob.
    Also what about the feeling of accomplishment of being able to get 10 wins in the one car...to overcome that severe pp penalty?
    incey likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Others with penalised super cars may also sideskip the penalty by using their jump car in the super events, I would if I could. But then I guess they could also power up a Ramsay car or detune a Hyper to do the same thing (except some cars haven't got that range). It only really affects the Jump/ Ramsay class. I suppose we accept the jump car substitution and wait until they earn penalties as well.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There are two sides to this coin, it may take more than five penalties for Nicho before we backmarkers can get near him but one or two fluke wins by us backmarkers would condemn us to last places for ever because we could never get 10 wins to be able to dispose of the car that is now completely outclassed in our hands. Maybe a sliding scheme of car disposal? maybe two or three wins for a lower div guy and 10 wins for an alien.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't want to give the impression I'm discontent with this series as I am definitely not. These are some the most enjoyable races I have ever had. I look forward to each week with great enthusiasm and I think I could get much better results than I am. I just seem to be having a bad run. Usually I either spin all by myself by trying too hard, get turned around by somebody else or on the odd occasion blot my copy book myself by turning somebody else around like in the RBR race the other night where I turned poor incey around while I was trying to snatch the lead from him.
    Even with all that I am still thoroughly enjoying fighting my way back through the field from these early setbacks. Usually if I get through the first two laps I can stay close to the leaders.
    On top of that the guys competing here are a great bunch of guys.:thumbsup:
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This I may be able to implement.
    Something like, a lower division driver after a certain smaller amount of wins may choose to retire the car and select a new one.
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    how about having free choice to swap any car for every 48 or 60 races completed regardless of whether it has won or not?
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That could work alongside hats idea of smaller penalty limits as well. That way you eventually get an opportunity to find a better car . (although I think I'm going a little mental trying to get a car I can be competitive in)
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This does sound doable...Like 1 extra car swap for every 50 races completed in any class. If the car has won a race though, it is retired from all future use.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    50 might be too many, we have been going for about three months now and my most used car has only 19 races on the clock, and that was done in more than one class. To get to 50 might take nearly a year, especially with more classes now.
  17. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    I mentioned 48-60 races as in 12-15 weeks worth of racing (based on the race tally kept here) which would see each class have 3 events worth of races, i.e. about 12 races minimum per class before the possibility of swapping. Miss an event or fail to clasify and you'll have to wait longer to swap, might encourage more attendance? AFAIK the race tally hasn't been kept for each car, only the number of wins so it could be difficult to implement a race count based on each car.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    12 races minimum per car (some cars are used multi class) might to be too few. I think 24 would be better, at least 6 events which if you use it in two classes would take a minimum of about 15 weeks any way. If used in single class only then about 30 weeks.
  19. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    The 12 race minimum was just an example, in essence you would need to complete 60 races across all classes/events before you get 1 'free' car swap.
    e.g. so if you attend every single week and manage to use the same car in 3 of the 5 classes, then you would've used that same car 36 times in 60 races. If you only use the car in one class, then you'd have used it 12 times in 60 races before being eligible for a car swap.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    60 races total would be easier to monitor. But then which car could they swap, possibly any that haven't won a race I guess. if they have a car that has won a race they will have to ride out the race win number before they can retire it. What do you think @Hatfield My head is spinning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.