GT-Sport [Completed] Tokyo 2 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    ROOM 3 GRID

1. Beats143
    2. Steve_73_Goof
    3. UrsineSaturn9
    4. boneslightning
    5. RPeem808
    6. Doodah27
    7. Emmo46
    8. Whizz94
    9. RBRHoges97
    10. Blunty075

Congratulations @Beats143 ! I'll be making the executive decision of pole being on the inside line here, all odd numbered grid positions will start drivers left.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    How will the grid and start be managed?
  3. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Very similar to Bathurst. There will be a basic rolling start followed by a slow out lap, then everyone will form up double file in Sector 3 and I will elect a go point in tomorrows briefing.
    emmo46 likes this.
  4. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    RACE DAY DRIVERS BRIEFING

Welcome all to Race Day for RaceOnOz’s final EVER GT Sport 2 Hour endurance race! Admittedly it's only been a year since these began, but I've loved (and dreaded) every day of running this chain of enduros.

Lobbys will open by 7:15pm AEDT at the latest. This is to ensure that all network issues can be combed out early.
    Room 1 will be hosted by @Viperzed
    Room 2 will be hosted by @BKXI
    Room 3 will be hosted by @UrsineSaturn9

Please ensure you have all these fine gentlemen added to your PSN friends list. They won't bite, Much.

From there you are free to practice until we have the official green flag at 7:30pm AEDT. Lobby hosts, please do your best to check Power and Weight settings for all drivers, Up to date lists of Power and Weight can be found in the OP. The percentages are all 100% accurate, the actual kg may be slightly wrong, if you see a different number double check with the percentage. Please if your lobby host tells you to change your BOP, don't argue, they have it as a direct order from me. All lobby hosts have permission to start the race early if all drivers are in the room and network issues have been nullified.

There are no compulsory tire or fuel stops. Please respect the solid white lines at Pit Entry, failure to do so may result in a time penalty. Pit Entry has potential for some real banzai entries (Totally ok when on yojr own) however if you impede another driver you will be penalised. Pit exit lines are free to be ignored HOWEVER, if you are found to impede another car at Pit Exit whilst also cutting the lines, you will be penalised harshly. Stewarding is available for this event should any incidents happen.Please forward any incidents in question directly to me via ROOZ pm.

STARTING PROCEDURE

All rooms will be set to a Rolling start in the grid order you have all qualified in. Cars are to set off from the Rolling start on a formation lap where cars are to remain 3 car lengths away from eachother at all times until the beginning of Sector 3. Until this stage the leader can jurisdict a safe and reasonable pace. Once the sector mark is crossed, the leader will hold 100 km/h and allow the grid behind to form up into a double file rolling start. Odds on drivers left, evens on drivers right. Cars will hold formation around the final corner and the leader may choose to begin the race at any point between the kink in the main straight and the control line and its gantry. Passes for position can be made once the leader has begun the race. Penalties may be awarded if it is found that any driver disobeyed the starting procedure.

I'd like to personally thank every single one of you for being apart of this journey with me, I can't wait to kick these off again in GT7 and expand to a proper Endurance Championship! Best of luck tonight everyone, see you on the other side!
  5. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Hey all, unfortunately I am out for tonight. Been feeling really ill since this morning. All the best for everyone tonight!
  6. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Yeah mate, I'm still available. I haven't touched the game since last year so I hopefully I can still drive.
  7. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Just like to confirm my car for tonight. From memory I had the Mazda Atenza.
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    All information you need is on page 1
    Blunty075 likes this.
  9. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Gutted. That's such a shame mate, hope you feel well enough to tune in but otherwise rest up!
    Noodles87 likes this.
  10. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    Possibly a dumb question. How is the start and end of the two hours determined?
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Lobby is set to a 2 hour endurance race, It will be normally run and the formation lap will count off the minutes.
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  12. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    where is the link for tonight's race please ???
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  13. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
  14. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    I'm done, sorry.
    Hand has cramped up on formation lap.
    Tried to continue but can't without risking someone elses race.
  15. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Sorry my power cut cause my light in my room.
  16. sidawg2

sidawg2 New Recruit

Solid finish for me, well done Gopi and Ranger and indeed everyone that slugged out the two hours.

thanks also to Liam for the tireless work and also I hear the stream was good too!
  17. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    That was awesome!!! Well done Atom was to good for everyone!
    Viperzed likes this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Room 3 results
    Power / Weight
    [​IMG]
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks for the flawless hosting @UrsineSaturn9 and for the close battle. A second place is very pleasing against such talented drivers, @Ian Cannan was in a class of his own and came sweeping through the field despite a spin early in the race. I held him off briefly but once he passed he just sailed off into the distance setting a mega lap on the way, well done.
    @Beats143 looked to have it in the bag but a couple of autodrive laps put him back in the pack. I suspect @Ian Cannan would have had him anyway with his second half pace.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry to hear that, bad luck.
    Steve Neilson likes this.