GT-Sport [Completed] Tokyo 2 Hour

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Sep 6, 2021.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Room 3 managed 62 laps in the 2 hours.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    RBRHoges97 likes this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yes, mega race. 2h of complete concentration and I reckon I was with 0.9-2.5 seconds of you for nearly the whole 2h. Just couldn't close the gap. I reckon @Viperzed had the BOP about perfect, thanks for putting on the event and looking forward to the next one in GT7
  3. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Far out what a finish. Well done guys. Gutted to have missed it, See you next time
  4. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Wouldn't worry if it was upshift, but not knowing if I could manage the down is a boit dangermouse for all.
    Congrats to all.
    Viperzed likes this.
  5. RBRHoges97

RBRHoges97 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RBRHoges97
    @Viperzed ... mate, big thank you for all the effort that you have put into making this race happen, just awesome!
    For room 3, congrats to Whizz, Emmo and Ursine for the podium position. Thanks to @UrsineSaturn9 for hosting the room. Congrats to the podiums of Room 1 & 2, and I am just thankful that i finished. Combination of mechanical (wheel coming loose from the base), laps 21-23 I think would show this, to then loosing my audio on 2 occasions but overall my poor race craft has to be the fundamental issue which one will try to improve on!

Anyway, was hell bent on completing the 2 hours, got lapped by the podium guys but thankfully managed to hold off from being lapped by the Citroen Wedge (@doodah27).

Again, many thanks for such a well run event, it was just the dogs bollocks as was the build up to getting to race day! Cheers Hoges
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Wow oh wow what an end to the week
    Let's start off with a rough driving run down.

Quali was unreal, to have the field so close together in Room 1 was unbelievable. I wasn't disappointed at all to have scrapped into the 52s, less than 4 tenths off pole and to nearly be outside the top 10. The loyal Mustang had a 52.7 in her on a perfect lap, little did I know the other boys up ahead had a lot more in the tank than I did.

The car felt really solid early in the race, unfortunately a bit of a start blunder from @sidawg2 and @KeedenMcdonald meant that GTR had LITERALLY gotten out of slipstream range before turn 1, a masterful move given the chaos that was Lap 1. I had the elbows out early but was still suffering from the Mustang's infamous understeer in Sector 3 especially. This made it really difficult to make any ground in trains as slipstream wouldn't allow you to gap anyone before getting to Sector 3. Unfortunately I made a huge mistake midway through Stint 1 at turn 1 that ended @JonoStan96 race which was entirely a screw up on my behalf, I went in well too deep considering I was following on his rear bumper and he had also picked up too. Massively sorry for that one mate, I'd say rookie mistake but I'm well past that stage now, Would expect the TGT race craft to be a tad better. From there I found company in my two Satellite Racing teammates @RidwanF1 and @SpeedyTyres who offered a very effective train and some quick laps. After the pit stops the thirsty Muutang left me a little further behind but catching once again to the back of this Satellite Duo. Lap times starting coming my way again but unfortunately it became apparent that I'd critically underfuelled and needed another pit stop. Massively gutted to have ended it that way in P10 but that's how the cookie crumbles. Huge congratulations are in order for Si, @Rangeraus and of course our Room 1 Tokyo 2 Hour Champion, @TX3_GTR !!!!!!! Incredible stuff lads.

Now for a bit of admin stuff

I've been on and off working on this event for the best part of 4 months now, Have been tirelessly working on it for 3 weeks straight. It was my most ambitious event yet. 30 GT3 cars, a 5.6km circuit that not everyone is familar with, and a BOP system unlike anything I'd ever trialled before. Top Speed running, Hot Lap testing, a whole bunch of shiznit. I can absolutely say that to have it finally run and done is a massive relief and a huge tick in my books. I can also say that whilst my effort was extraordinary for this event in particular, It didn't go without help from everyone single one of you who reached out for tuning help, strategy guides, track teachings and of course, BOP feedback. You guys make my life 100x easier by bouncing stuff off me constantly so I thank you all for that. I'm only human, and without feedback all it takes is one dodgy tune for me to mess up a BOP and I'm not afraid to say I missed the mark on a few cars in each room, I whole heartedly apologise for that and can only hope you guys all still enjoyed your racing. It's pretty frustrating for me also to see a few guys rage quit after the countless hours put in, it feels like a bit of a slap in the face, of course those who have explained themselves are completely void of this feeling.

I've rambled on a fair bit here but overall I think my expectations were much too high for this event, I put in more hours than I have to any singular project ever before and whilst they were worth it, I just think I missed the mark ever so slightly. Rest assured I won't let that go so easily on GT7! I have enjoyed every moment of these 2 hour events this year and I can't wait to roll them on into 2022.

This isn't goodbye,
    Just a see you soon!
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think you did an excellent job, it can't be easy. One lap pace is a challenge on it's own but in an enduro tyre and fuel use affects some more than others and I know rpmbob was blighted by tyre wear for one. I was very happy to be competitive in this race, the other two 2 hours I have done I was hopelessly off pace. Racing against guys of similar pace was excellent.I had to work really hard to keep ursine out of my slip stream. Every time I got the gap to about 2 seconds I would scrape the wall at the first or last corner costing exit speed and he would close up. We see sawed like that for most of the race. Beats and whizz had better speed and with good fuel and tyre wear they had the rest of us snookered.
    Thanks for doing all the work. It was a great event.
    JonoStan96, Easyprey007 and Viperzed like this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you give me the results for rooms 1 and 2 I'll update the Hall of Fame.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TX3_GTR and Hatfield like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, HOF updated.
  11. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

That was fun albeit I did spend a few hours toying around and finding a good setup with favourable BOP between qualifying and the race. Still several tenths a lap slower than GTR who is always immense with this car/track and deserved the win.

That being said, I don't think the BOP was too far out across the whole field - the final margin was a little flattering and a 1% change for a few cars should close the field further. Still an immense effort for over 30 cars and it was a very well run event.

Hope to be back for the next one!
    TX3_GTR, RidwanF1, gtkingx and 3 others like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Aside from a hectic first few laps where I made up some places with a zippy topless Golf, there was nothing to write home about. Roll on GT7. Got some great things planned if the game is functional and most importantly, fun.

Took some happy snaps before I banished the game from my PS5’s hard drive, enjoy :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RidwanF1 and Hatfield like this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You've signed up for Sunday League.

Are you re-downloading the game or shall I remove you from the season?
    emmo46 and Steve Neilson like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    [​IMG]