GT6 [Completed] Xert on a global scale

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by BMWF30328, Dec 18, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It says in the OP that it is no tune, is that still correct?
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

Beema, you still wanna run this without tuning?
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Be great to know ASAP about tuning/no tuning and tyre type and wear, as we may attract new members via this XR8 event.
  4. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

The idea behind no tuning was to keep things neutral...but in lieu of the positive feedback for apex's tunes, I am happy to change it to tuning on the proviso the pp and BHP settings don't go beyond the specs of Apex's two tunes...if all parties agree and by that I really mean 2 responses saying yes..swings it...(too much democracy causes nasty things.....like Donald Trump......)
    Apex_64 likes this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the name's of Apex's 2 tunings sum it up perfectly, smooth for the curb riding v8 beast (a gem in sector 2 at spa) & aggressive for those who prefer a tight ride that is a rocketship! I would run the smooth everywhere except Tokyo on the RS. Go try them out if you havent already. Cant wait for Fri night...
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @BMWF30328 are you going to edit the OP with all the details like the date/time and entrants list?
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    You have made a Dictatorship sound appealing :laugh::eek:.
    Specifications the tunes are designed for are 600pp and 624bhp.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I heard tuning, what's happening, how do I get in on this?
    Confirming that this is achieved via an oil change only, and not via any additional power options?
  9. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    It is up to personal choice. Oil change is the way most achieve the 600pp, but some prefer using a turbo. Both believe their option is faster. There is one weird anomaly with the oil change, being that sometimes you acquire 624bhp at 600pp, sometimes you only get 623bhp.
    StigsTC likes this.
  10. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    Im in ..who s keen for a race
    Apex_64 likes this.
  11. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

I will give it a crack. Try to sort it out later today...may call on your guidance if that is ok...
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    of course no worries
  13. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i just changed oil & got 602pp & 629bhp! anyone else get the same? I've been running apex's smooth settings consistently, no turbo
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    At full power with no turbo it is 602pp and 628bhp or 629bhp. But at 600pp it is 623bhp or 624bhp. Both the settings given were developed without tyre wear at 600pp.
    The "smooth" settings seem more suited to tyre wear without adjustment. Where the aggressive set-up seems to need a increase of 1 on front compression and a decrease of 1 on the acceleration sensitivity to adjust to the decreased amount of grip with tyre wear on. (front downforce could be increased too).
    I can't claim the smooth set-up as mine, because a TRL team driver was given my "aggressive" settings as a base and tweaked them to arrive at the "smooth" tune.
    nigegunz likes this.
  15. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Ok Folks Xert on a Global Scale is ON!!!!! Cue Grid Girls wearing....nothing (well this is simulation right).

The XR8 SUPERCAR is going to take on some of the best tracks around the globe over two tyre frying, oil cooking nights.

Following are all the important rules, regs, dates, times, tracks and anything else I can think of....oh like entrants I have thus far. If you are not on the list blame Hatfileld

Date: Friday 20th January, 2017 & Friday 27th January, 2017

TRACK OPENS - 8:00 pm AEST
    QUALIFYING STARTS - 8:20 PM AEST.
    RACE START TIMES - 8:30 PM (RACE 1 & well some time later in the evening for RACE 2/3).
    Qualifying: 1 outlap and 1 timed hot lap per race.

ROUND 1 - 20TH JANUARY 2017 (2 RACES)

RACE 1. SPA FRANCORCHAMPS (That means RIPPER TRACK BY POOL WHERE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN BUBBLES - in French)
    RACE LENGTH - 14 LAPS

RACE 2. SIERRA (That means I SEE A NEW ERA OVER MOUNTAIN WITH A BIG BANGER in Spanish.)
    RACE LENGTH - 2 LAPS - 20th January, 2017.

ROUND 2 - 27TH JANUARY 2017 (3 RACES)
    RACE 3. NURBURGRING NORDSCHLIEFE (That means..NEW BACK ROAD BETTER PACK EXTRA UNDIES in German)..
    RACE LENGTH - 2 LAPS - 27th January, 2017.

RACE 4 - R246 TOKYO That means RICE COOKED AT 246 DEGREES IN PISTON in Japanese).
    RACE LENGTH - 10 LAPS - 27th January, 2017.

RACE 5 - BATHURST (That means F*$K YEAH in Australian).
    RACE LENGTH - 14 LAPS - 27th January, 2017.

REGULATIONS

TYRES
    Racing Softs or Racing Mediums - no mandatory tyre compound change.

TUNING
    1. Either tune supplied by APEX but BHP, PP and weight must match each tune option EXACTLY as set out in this forum thread (thank you APEX for supplying the two tuning option specs).
    2. OIL CHANGE AND RIGIDITY ALLOWED.

TRACK SETTINGS
    PIT STOPS
    - Optional.
    TIME PROGRESSION : 1.
    WEATHER: FIXED, CLEAR.
    TRACK START TIME: 13;00
    DRIVING AIDS ; ABS ALL DIVISIONS, TC ONLY IF YOU ARE DIV 3 OR LOWER (NEW ROOZ UNGRADED).

POINTS - AS PER GT6 SUNDAY CHAMPIONSHIP SCORING - (EMMO AT LATE NOTICE,CAN YOU DO THE SCORING PLEASE).

ENTRANTS

APEX
    KNUCKLES
    LET'S PARTY
    BRYAN F (please be our room host..tks)
    BMX BOY (YOU IN?)
    WOLF DADDY
    EMMO46
    HATFIELD
    LUCK GOES MY WAY
    NIGEGUNS
    JAYCIE
    ZACHERY (?)
    EASY PREY
    STIGS TC (YOU IN??)
    AND SOME :):):):):):) NAMED BMW.

Like I said, if I missed anyone, blame Hatfield AND GET YOUR NAME DOWN QUICK as there is only 1 spot left by my calculations.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT. I will be on tonight to do a bit of practice with these tunes...
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not me bimmer... probably can't make it

why don't you edit the original post and put in what you posted to there too
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Not actually sure I'll be there, depends on a few things at home, if someone posts the results I'd be happy to do the charts, I'm assuming it starts around 8:30 so if I'm not logged on by then go without me.
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

if Emmo's not there tonight Beema I can do the scoring, hope you are tho Emmo
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Confirmed.
  20. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007