IRACING Custom Skin for ROOZ / IRLeagueOZ discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by racerman13, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racerman13

racerman13 New Recruit

Hey, it would be cool if we had a paint job for all members of raceonoz (by car) with different numbers. Just putting the idea out there!

If we do that, I claim #13 :p
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer we will be doing that in the future, it be good advertising for our site and leagues. Especially when our top guys are up the field in the V8 series. The Iracing should be something like this with your car number, IRLeagueOz 888. All the leagues GT, F4, and IR are in the RaceOnOz leagues but go under an easily identifiable individual series name. Be good to have a skin that could advertise all our leagues. The Main name on the side of my car could be IRLeagueOz 888, then RaceOnOz.com on the bonnet with a few F4LeagueOz and GTLeagueOz stickers on there somewhere.
  3. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    I'd recommend to advertise RACEONOZ.com as that is the main site, anyone on iRacing will be identifying it and will realise quickly what we are about :)

ROOZ for short

Lets get this League going... :D
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Custom skins are really only good for League racing where there's a good chance everyone's downloaded the skins pack. There's probably alot of people out there (like me) in the public races who wouldn't bother downloading the MASSIVE data base at trading paints, so then most people wouldn't see your custom skin.

Definitely keen for some iRacing league racing though.
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

So you abandoning the LeagueOz name altogether? Thats not how I read it when you were talking about the new site. I thought you said the new site whould be RaceOnOz and have GTLeagueOz in there under its original name. Thats why I put what I did in the previous post. I think that LeagueOz says more about the actual league racing than raceon, it actually refers to league racing and is instantly recognised for that. My opinion only, obviously all the others must have agreed to go this way, I just really liked the name LeagueOz is all, and rooz sounds too much like north Melbourne footy club, as bad as pies name lol.

For an Iracing league i think you just need to get members here and then race in Iracing races under our name with our skins. The TTR guys will be able to guide us here. So for now just need all the RaceOnOz (leagueOz) members we have here who have Iracing or planning to have it, to register their names and number.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Topic split from photo's thread. Was getting a bit OT.
  7. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Bonus, LeagueOz is not being abandoned at all.
    To stray away from the generalisation made by GT League Oz which sounded and is Gran Turismo related, I have created an umbrella.

RaceOnOz is the parent umbrella to provide an open platform for all official leagues to fall underneath.
    + Alias GTLOZ - GT League Oz still exists and as you know the domain is Ours.
    + Alias FMLOZ - FM League Oz is new covering our Forza league which will kick off soon I hope
    + Alias IRLOZ - IR League Oz which is what we are talking about here.

You guys are welcome to decide on whether you would like to represent the whole domain/umbrella/website or just IRLOZ which is short for IR League Oz.

You can understand now why Ive used this gripping name to cover all leagues, I want people to meet, find similiar minded sim racers and ultimately Race On Oz. Whether someone decides to join GTLOZ, FMLOZ or IRLOZ thats up to them but ROOZ represents them all. I think it worked out being called ROOZ cause we are an aussie league and it all fell together perfectly.

So to summarise Im happy to refer to it in whichever way makes you happy Bonus, you guys can make the call and obviously your comfort as a community is my priority over any name.

KoastR thanks for splitting the topic :)
  8. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Also there is already a club called TeamOz and I want us to be seperated from that name.
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

This is exactly what i said in my first post. I still think you need to put IRLeaguOz on the side of your car cos thats the league you are in under the ROOZ banner and the main web site on the bonnet to advertise all our leagues, think you didn't understand my first post Castro I was pretty much saying what you just said here. Could have the main website on the side, placement can be discussed later, just need all of what I suggested in there I think.
  10. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Sorry Bonus, I might misunderstood but I like your recommendation.

Who is good at creating skins? Hopefully incorporating our site theme :)
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Fair bit involved in Skins I hear, some guys @ TTR are good at it. We can organise someone to do it once we get enough members and a better idea of what we whould like it to look like.
  12. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    A few words from me about the ideas being discussed....

Skins, great idea. Custom skins are a great way to let people know you're in a "team" so to speak. So I agree with that one, definitely get that one done. As for who would paint them, I know of a few guys that I talk to that MAY do them but they may want to be paid. Blair (Supersonic) does the TT-R skins and I know of a few other guys that do skins for their teams (eg XSG Motorsport). But I'm not sure if they'll do it for free for you guys, but i'll see what I can do on that one.

As for leagues, just be aware that their is already a massive amount of leagues in the AUS/NZ Club. Basically every night of the week is already taken with at least 2 leagues. So just be aware that you probably won't get many extra numbers, but you can give it a shot if you want (if you don't mind it just being the drivers here and a few more). There simply aren't enough members and enough nights in the week for the leagues that are available.

I'll talk to a few of you on teamspeak about it a bit later maybe. :)
  13. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Im happy to fund some money to this, how expensive can it be... Our league will be as big as we want it to be, I understand there are leagues out there but even if its just our group of guys and others who would like to join, thats enough to call ourselves a team.

If you can speak to Blair about it, I would love for this to happen. Im not sure how much it costs but please pm me mad.

Let me know what he says, I would like the recent ideas stated by Bonus to be implemented along with any other ideas our iracing drivers might have :)

cheers
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey guys. I just moved a few posts related to getting a league started into the relevant thread.
    Keep this one to discuss skins. Cheers
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    James and I with our Rooz sponsored V8 skins. You like?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yep love it Beau, will defiantly stand out in the crowd, like the black shadding on the stripes on the car on the right.
    Is that the race on Oz sticker on the front bumper? It looks great on the car and the change to the OZ half green half gold is subtle but has a significant impact, got a bigger pic of just that?
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1 on what Bonus said ^^^^ ;)
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    cars look nuts boys, great job.
    this i racing is looking more more interesting, got some sick cars that i like to get my hand on.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Thanks boys. Not sure what happened, but the car on the left is supposed to have texture in the paint also. will fix
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Would be cool to work a Pagnian Imports and/or Next level Racing decal in there too.

I recon this decal would look sweet if you turned the the red bits upwards like a wing and stuck it on the bonnet.
    Like the old transam/firebird hoods.

[​IMG]

You could stick with the inverted twins theme and change the red to green on one of the cars, maybe even work in that sweet mottely texture you've got going there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.