ACC Custom Skins and season skin pack

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 30, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

ACC now has a way of making full custom skins, all info in this video and files plus extra info in the video description.

Its very easy to make work in MP, simply people need to have the skin files installed into "liveries" folder with the specific skins folder, you will also want the cars .json file in the "cars" folder though you will still see the skin in MP even without the cars specific .json. You need it if you want to use the skin or see it in the showroom.

The folder to install the RD skin pack into for acc is
    "Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione"

From the Spa round we will allow anyone that wants a custom skin to use it as long as they share a link to their skin here. We will make a skin pack with all current skins and also share it in the first post here.

People that dont have the skin installed will just see the base skin, this can be one of the livery editor skins or a black carbon depending on how the skin is made.

3D skin templetes from @Rolz
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/ye3o558letfmg2n/ACC_templates.zip

In order to use a custom skin on Monday league nights there must be a link posted in this thread to ensure others have a chance to download it prior to 6:30pm aest on a race night.

Latest Skin packs.

Racedepartment skin pack v5 266 skins 17/06/2020 (Includes @nanlatt @JamesT ROOZ skins)
    https://mega.nz/file/zOJjlarD#smzeeyiw8837Ph6pFtRzEuZlmW92V7a1fAYDKfNzfQU

ROOZ Custom skins
    All Rooz skins in RD skinpack 5
    Updated skin for @JamesT
    https://gofile.io/d/8GjNXQ

Updated skin for @nanlatt
    https://app.box.com/s/09iw5e4hp4g4bx08rhhvrae1r31mm15j
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Wally, SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

reserved
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

marty likes this.
  4. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Who in the league has some talent with skinning? I have even less talent for graphical design than I do pretend driving if that can be believed. :p

Also a quick edit: would this mean there would be some way to transfer a NSX skin to the NSX evo, Huracan skin to Huracan evo and so on? I know the models aren't exactly the same, but I do like the Castrol livery on the original NSX...
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It would take a bit of manual work to try, id suggest trying that skin pack from RD I uploaded there are 100's of skins in there with a few for all cars I think. Having that pack on your system will also mean if you run a public server with people that have got a skin from RD you will see their skins in the server.

I will try to update that skin pack once per week and also a seperate specific pack that is made by our guys to use in the league. It would be best for people to post a link to any skin they will be using in this thread. If its in the RD pack best for people to get that pack as not all skins will generally have a good base. Many cars may end up being plain black carbon for those without the skin installed.
  6. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Where do we install the liveries?
  7. Rolz

all in the video...
    basically here
    %userprofile%\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\Liveries
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As Rolz said but it will depend on how the skin is packaged. The actual skin image files will be in the "liveries" folder the cars.json into "cars" folder and some skins may also have a "drivers" folder.

Once you look into your ACC documents folder setup this should give you an idea, as there may be no general standard for how people package skins available for download you will need to check it and place the folders into the correct section.

The link I posted with the skin pack from Racedepartment needs to be placed into
    Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\
  9. Rolz

Marty is right, when I extracted his bundle of files there was a customs folder... just dump that into %userprofile%\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

EDIT I will just add the latest RD skinpack to the 1st post along with any custom ROOZ skins, they will be added to the RD skinpack but there will also be individual links to ROOZ custom skins.
    GT-71CKL likes this.
  11. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Glad the Lexus gets some love now, the Super GT liveries for it look really nice
    marty likes this.
  12. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

marty likes this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

People can download your skin separately for now, on Monday at 6.30 I will put any new skins into a full skinpack for others to download. Should I make a separate skin pack for the ROOZ custom skins or add them all into one large pack along with any new skins available at Racedepartment?
  14. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I think a separate ROOZ pack would be the way to go. Easier if people want to update or try new skins without having to download all RD ones again. Not bothered either way.

It's a shame it can't just be uploaded server side with clients accessing/downloading as required.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Coanda likes this.
  15. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

marty likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

17. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I'll jump in the old school blue and red Calsonic Nissan. Its in the skin pack, team name is "NISMO"
    TakFR and nanlatt like this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

WIP - I haven't skinned anything since Indycar II

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]