Cockpit DD System and the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand.....

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Inzyman, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Hi All, is anyone using a Direct Drive wheel on a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand. I have read, as the torque increases on these bad boys you really need a solid base. I have noticed with the FFB on my T300 around 50% I get a few creaks from the stand in certain corners as she loads up. I want to stay with the stand and eventually get the associated seat, butt kicker etc but also would love a DD wheel setup. Obviously no point if it cannot handle a serious wheel setup, or stay with the Next Level Cockpit setup and stay with the belt drive....
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    i reckon u will need the next level seat to secure it to at least...really makes it into a much stronger sturdier rig. id say the v8 boys who use next level gear would have a direct drive wheel over a thrusmaster..but not totaly sure.
  3. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    Was planning to get the seat and now you have mentioned it definatly makes sense! There's 2 Grand gone.......:eek:
  4. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeah i wouldn't be bolting a DD wheel to a Next Level GT Ultimate, it's been know to snap the welds.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Which would mean it’s been fabricated incorrectly. = refund/money back.
  6. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    To be able to snap the welds they must be amazingly poor otherwise the wheel would break your wrist before the welds.
  7. Inzyman

Inzyman Rookie

PSN ID
    Cranew1
    I gather you can dial down the FFB. I run then T300 at 50% in PC2 and 2 in GT Sport. Really looking for that attention to detail in the road surface and speed.
  8. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    @t_b_williams look, when things like this are mass produced you can't expect the welds to be amazing.
    Either way the GT-Ultimate's have a ton of flex with direct drive and even the t500 when it's turned up (Probably what leads to the snapping).
    Also @t_b_williams, was that you i saw at Xtreme Karting on Sunday?
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yep. Was there for my young fellas 14th birthday. Old enough to drive their karts now.

Was that you I saw not on the podium :whistling:

As for mass produced welds. Means you should have time to set your welder properly. It’s not hard. Unless your a dumb :)front;)bum:).
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  10. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yes yessss.....our teams kart wasn't ready that round so we got stuck with a crappy one :(
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Excuses excuses:p