Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 4

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I had a drone at bonnet level as I came around the first corner on one of the stages. I actually swerved to miss it but it went up over meo_O
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe that's one of those 'unexpected events' things
    v8power383, Anthonyb and George like this.
  3. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    So i learnt the hard way that if you retire there is no retry. I hadn't practiced that level of car at all so far and not a lot of experience with the game. But damn fun. I will be back next round ready to go.
    Russell, Hatfield and Anthonyb like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I binned it half way through stage 3.....
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. Anthonyb

Your not last:p
    v8power383 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I just tried the first 3 stages
    I realised after stage one that I was not turning the wheel far enough... which made me remember codemasters games have many more advanced wheel settings
    so I turned the steering saturation down so I don't have to turn the wheel as far, and little movements steer the car more and it was much easier
    so near the end of stage 3 with confidence growing I was going flat out on a tarmac section and went off into the forest lol
    lost the rubber on one of the rears and limped home
    still so much fun and sweating so much!
  7. Anthonyb

I found some g29 wheel settings on line that I find good. Not that I'm much good but it feels better for me.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

any chance you can link us to that post Ant?
  9. George

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Just completed 2nd event. 2nd big jump 1st stage had me land on the embankment and get a flat tyre. 1min penalty on top of the time to stop and find my button and move again. Ended currently 3rd behind Bounty and TB.

Really find this game to be addictive fun. Especially when you get your head in the some with the guy calling out the notes to you.
    Hatfield, Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yes, I find it to be good exercise, certainly gets the heart rate up!
    George and Anthonyb like this.
  11. Anthonyb

12. Anthonyb

See link above
  13. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

thanx Ant
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Anyone had a fiddle with setup? I've just left everything default so far and not sure where to start. Sticking with medium tyres also as don't know how much life to expect from the softs (or whether hards would be better for a longer stage)
  15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Softs are good for about 25km. So unless we start spreading out service stops, stick to softs.
    Also happy to share setups. They are bit personal preference really and default is mostly pretty fast. For me it about increasing predictability and confidence in the car when things are getting hairy. Wheel settings make a difference to what feels comfortable - I use native lock for all the cars, so may prefer something different to those using shorter lock.
    Generally adjusting ride so car doesn't bottom out, and stiffen up the diffs for increased drive and stability is a good start. Softening roll bars is good on stages with lots of ruts or camber (like NZ). These R5s are some of the best out of the box cars though. Especially the VW Polo.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  16. George

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I went softs on the stages under 10km and mediums on the longer one. Default setup. Think maybe stretch the final drive in future is about all I would do.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thanks @KoAStR great info. I'll give the softs a run next time. Not sure how to set native lock? Does the game auto set that? I've been setting DOR to 540 on T-GT otherwise feel like I need to turn forever to rotate the car.
    Yeah, might start with gearing and go from there. If the stock set up is okay, I won't fiddle too much
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The game gives each car it's native RL lock (=DOR) automatically unless you override it with your wheel software (as you've done). It' called "soft lock" in the settings. It limits the DOR to reach full lock and step up the FFB at that point if it's less than your wheel DOR to simulate lock.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Might try it with a class other than H1
  20. Anthonyb

@Bounty05 the first 2 stages we are so close and not much of a difference after 4.
    Bloody sweating after that one. Great fun
    Bounty05, George and KoAStR like this.