Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 5: Groundhog day

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Was good fun in the rwd bmw, first time I’ve driven it. Was running default setup so I’m sure @KoAStR will
    Smash me still.
    tezpez85, Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    he already did... by a min and a half lol
    tezpez85, Anthonyb and Slambobagan like this.
  3. Slambobagan

How the f””” does he do that haha, I’d like to know his tuning setup?? That’s if he is tuning haha.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    looking at the stages, it is mainly little by little... some stages we are only a few seconds off, but it's those stages we make errors and he doesn't so he just picks up so much time

we are like the greyhounds chasing the rabbit
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah I wrote short notes in between stages to capture my thoughts before they were replaced with more anxiety lol
  6. Slambobagan

Yea I guess I still made a few mistakes but not a minute and half’s worth haha. Damn he’s quick
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I love driving the Beemer, it's a dream to drive and is one of the better P/W at 0.27
    The Renault is my go-to fav, super quick with P/W >0.3 but it's a real handful! Otherwise the Stratos is my next choice for daily/weekly online challenges being lightest in class still with P/W 0.28.
    This time I went for the Datto for something different, never really drive it because it's the lowest powered vehicle in the class without any P/W ratio benefit at a relatively sluggish 0.225 (slightly better than the Ascona)
    Have run default setup in the passed in the Datto and it was good so didn't do much too it. Used up about 6 shakedowns and the tweaked them during the events to settle on a few changes. The biggest change was adding loads of diff preload to get this tractor to rotate when feathering the throttle. Otherwise is was just a click or two. Off the top of my head I think:
    • Diffs: Maximum diff lock accel (+1 click) and preload (+ alot of clicks!)
    • Alignment: Minimal camber I think one or two clicks from 0° front and back
    • Brakes: Maximum front brake bias (did this incrementally over the event services areas)
    • Gears: Lengthened 1st gear, shortened 3rd and 4th (again incrementally)
    • Suspension: Raised ride height one click (2mm I think!) at a service. Might try more for future.
    • Springs: Reduced ARBs, front to 0 N/mm and rear about 4 N/mm and offset this with stiffer springs by about 2-3 clicks.
    Had pretty good clean runs except a couple of bumps stages 3 and 4, stage 4 needed a 3 point turn to get underway again :confused:
    tezpez85, George, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  8. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I just need to remember the dodgy bits on the stages we have already run.
    Getting 10 second penalty on stage 2 for jumped start and then spinning hurt me for that stage then a few spins on other stages some full some half always hurt. but the BMW is great fun would do another championship in these cars
    George likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I like the way @KoAStR has set up this championship, so maybe the format could continue at other locations after this one is done.
    I find we learn more about the location and the way the surface behaves so that we have more confidence before we get to group B
    tezpez85 and KoAStR like this.
  10. Anthonyb

Yes this format works well. I also came onto a broken down car on one stage. Haven't seen that before
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that'd be the unexpected moments
    kinda like the drone
  12. Anthonyb

So is everyone else missing these things or is it only happening to me. Or I should be concentrating more and not noticing them :thumbsdown::unsure::ninja:
  13. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Been a disaster so far for me.
    First stage was full of spins, then hit a rock that sort of hides in the grass:cautious: gave me a puncture and finished way off the pace. 2nd stage didnt go much better, rolling pretty much straight away. I was just annoyed at this point and drove angry:mad: until the end of the stage. Quit to main menu after that to regather myself lol. Will do the rest later and see if i can make up any spots at all​
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    They should be happening for everyone, although I think, on PC at least, it was (still is?) bugged and sometimes doesn't work.
    Drones should be common at start points and occassionally mid-stage.
    Infrequently there's animals darting across the track.
    Broken down vehicles in my experience are rare, but quite cool!. I don't remember the last time I saw one. only ever seen a few.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  15. Anthonyb

They make it realistic with a bloke a few hundred metres down the road flagging you down to slow down then the car off to the side with bonnet up and steam coming out. Really Cool
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    keep the realism alive, shout out at your screen "GET OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY I'M TRYING TO CATCH KOASTR!!!!"
    George and Anthonyb like this.
  17. Anthonyb

trying being the operative word. The only way i will catch him is if it is him broken down:confused:
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    now THATS an unexpected moment I can agree with ;) @KoAStR
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Close one @Anthonyb :thumbsup:
    Really love the H3 class, particularly the Stratos!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Anthonyb

just looked at the stage times very close taking time off one another from position 4 to 10. Good fun
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.