Dirt Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Championship 9: Group B RWD Madness

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Cross Platform Club' started by KoAStR, Jun 12, 2021.

1. msgofast

msgofast New Recruit

I just did first 4...too much time in lock down in sydney :eek:, steam pc so just bought monte last week, got some really cool stages, its a balance between going fast and throwing it away!
  2. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    looks like i'm going to have to push a little harder, although I think I should of chosen another car. the opel is a little low on go compared to some of the others
    msgofast likes this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Is there nothing we can do about how we score DSCs? give them the slowest recorded time perhaps?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    or if they screenshot the time they got perhaps?
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The game has already done that by giving the same time as if retired. If you have a time screen shot I could technically work it in manually but to be honest it's a massive pain, because I have to manually edit the standings of other drivers as well for every round thereafter, it doubles the effort of producing the results - then it also means I have to overide the championship points and standings for every event thereafter.

I didn't get a time but in all likely hood would have finished as well, on a flyer in fact, if not for the DSC mid-stage. It's virtually impossible to account for both these situations with fairness and equality to both the affected drivers and the rest of the field.

Best to accept it as is and chalk it up to bad luck.
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yep understood.
    Mechanical failure, but luckily not rally ending
    KoAStR likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So I finished Monte Carlo, and I SURVIVED!!

Actually it wasn't that bad in the Opel with the diff changes to stop most of the oversteer. I was slow, but I actually got the trophy for finishing a Monte Carlo stage without incident lol

Much more enjoyable on the tarmac obviously but just happy to finish on the road, and not off the cliff.

Only 2 spins the whole rally. 1 was just too much rotation at a hairpin and had to grab reverse, and the other was a 360 spin that was collected quite nicely (if I do say so myself)
  9. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    It really is an achievement to get through without stacking it, no spins for me yet, but I have nearly rolled the car a few times..
  10. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yea I had a few spins especially stage, 9 tyres were done.. just ran through all 9 stages at once no practice but felt I went reasonably ok the Porsche actually felt pretty good, first time I’ve driven it.
    Jonny2good and Anthonyb like this.
  11. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Just completed the first 2 stages in the Lancia. What a blast.
    Jonny2good likes this.
  12. Jonny2good

Jonny2good New Recruit

Well mixed bag for me got stuck on a snow bank at hairpin on stage one lost about 30seconds, put wrong tyres on stage 3 and 4 forgot to look at track and conditions should have used slicks, rest of rally really good no spins.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  13. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I just accidentally left the club.. I have applied to rejoin, but unsure as to whether my times will still be up there? annoying as I was just gonna jump back on to do a few stages
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Doh. You're back in, and times are still there. Hopefully you can continue.
  15. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    Yes i can continue. Wish i didn't though, I had a nightmare last few stages. forgot to change tires on my second service stage and had to limp through stage 5 and 6 then on fresh tires I absolutely stacked it on stage 7 leaving me to nurse the car through the last 2 stages.. not great, but happy to have got though it with out terminal damage
    KoAStR, Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Group B RWD and the snowy icy roads of Monte Carlo is a MAD combo! Had a blast. Tried out the Opel Mantra this time. Yes, it is a nice balanced car with progressive throttle control, but think it is lacking the oomph and rear traction that the Lancia and Porshe have on the tight twisty stuff.
    Anthonyb and KoAStR like this.
  17. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    As someone that struggles in RWD anyway I can totally agree
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    So good eh :inlove: I had a blast.
    H3 is also awesome at MC. Spot on with the Manta. It almost keeps up, but is definitely more forgiving.
    Anthonyb and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  19. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I can not control these cars. I felt I didn't do toooooooooo bad a Finland but at Monaco on ice it was hilarious, I totalled the car by very slowing going over a snow mound in the ice section and getting the terminal damage pop up.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I can imagine. Everything happens in slow motion on those icy stages while sawing backwards and forwards on the wheel trying to maintain control. I suspect would be quite amusing to watch someone else doing it!