DiRT DIRT Rally 2.0

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by TheStig13, Sep 26, 2018.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Perhaps. It is a DELL G5 15 5500 gaming laptop with RTX 2070 Max Q card. Undervolted both cpu (-80mV core / -70mV cache) and gpu (713mV locked) to control temps to ~75-80C for cpu and 60-65C for gpu. Card has been overclocked to +200 core +600 memory for the last couple of months with no issues on MSI Kombuster or other games, just seems to be DR2. So I've just tried bumping that down to +190 core and +580 memory and will run that a while to see if it alleviates the problem.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I used to get crashing more during summer and almost none over winter... so I toned down my OC and now it's all been fine...
    my study/race room temp does change about 10-15deg... so inside case way higher variables I'm sure.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Not sure that it's a temp thing, but may well be the OC. Was seeing very slight artefacts in Kombuster at +220 core, temp 67C, but dialed it back to +190 now so will see how that fares. Should mention all stable too in Realbench, AIDA64, Intel Burn Test, OCCT, Cinebench and Heaven.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

all depends on the gfx engine the game uses...
    Mine OC was rock solid in all the benchmark/burn-in apps running for well over 30min, but then a few min in ACC with the EU4 engine it would fold faster than a cheap suit haha...
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Now you mention it I put my card back to standard clock some time ago as I'm pretty sure at OC it was causing more freeze ups in Dirt 2, even though was mostly fine elsewhere.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.