DIVISION 1 - SEASON 11

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

ICR loose another one:(
    George likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :(
  3. autech91

autech91 Professional

Real sorry boys, occurred to me last night as I was looking at the wall I'm about to knock down lol
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    NO worries mate.... shame as was shaping up to be a cracking season !
    Ill see if @TheJuzzy is available with work, had him listed as a reserve....Otherwise might have to do a small juggle.
  5. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    stu, put me down for the honda
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, Plan for tomorrow night... a couple of slight changes to our normal qualifying routine.....

i hope to get on at 7:30 for a few laps before race start
    - Ill set up a fresh room at 8pm as the race room.
    - Ill get @(Medomonen) Blake T in first as the broadcaster
    - ill invite Stozz, kazza and slambo in first as they seem to have a few issues.
    - everyone else after that and then get medo to jump out of the room
    - QUAL will be set to 15 mins, to get medo back in the qual room and make sure everything is sweet
    - Drivers to remain in their pit bay.
    - When there is 10:30 remaining on timer, drivers may exit and then return to pits so that tyres are changed and fresh.
    - Track will be open when the qual time goes to 10 mins remaining.

With the stream, ill ask everyone to 'try' do a router reboot before you jump in, and ill be asking my house to stay off anything streaming ;). Medo has also asked for a small survey questions to be answered in the PSN chat. It literally takes 30 seconds so if you could do that would be appreciated.

Hpe we have a great season guys, remember with the live broadcast we are representing not only our community we have tried to build up but also it will hopefully be a good way of attracting new members for future seasons.

We will also be plugging our site sponsors so the better we do, the more chance we have of retaining their support.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, that was not quite the start to the season i was expecting....To say i was disappointed is an understatement !

Sorry to @(Medomonen) Blake T for the stream not working, especially after all the work you put into getting things set up for us with the logos, banners and making it look so professional..... Regardless of the rubbish that went on during and after the race, sometimes these tech issues happen for no apparent reason, and we should be good from next week.

On the issue of 'he who shall remain nameless', im not prepared to have everyone involved in setting up our leagues, all those who help, and everyone else who is here to 'race' hard but with respect, put up with rubbish like that. He wont be invited back and as far as im concerned that is the end of the matter. I would hope that moving forward, we continue to race hard, but show each other and more importantly the league the respect it deserves. Even if it does go pear shaped occasionally, do things through the process that we have been using. We have all been here long enough with little to no issues and i would hope that from round 2 we will be back to the racing we all know.....

As for me last night, in terms of Qually and the race...... its been confirmed being in the right head space certainly helps with performance ! I did a 32:9 in a prac room before dinner, but it all went downhill after that ! In qual i went to track at 10 mins and then went back in to pits, but the tyres didnt reset so went out on 97% wear and had zero grip..... Couldnt even get into the 33s.... Race was no better, watched everyone drive away and was running in the 38s in the cooler stints which was 3 seconds off my practice runs.... Oh well, just have to put it down to a shocker night and hopefully my only for the year.

Have to say well done to Slambo, Stimson and Ghost for the podium, great pace.... And to everyone else who looked to be having some good battles up and down the grid. The cars looked to be strong in different parts of the track, so that bodes well i hope for the remainder of the season.

On to Fuji .....
  9. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So does that mean we all move up a spot?
  10. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well I didn’t hear what happened during the race as I made sure I always muted him in the lobby, but we don’t need people like that in our league. You’ve got a big thumbs up from me stu. :thumbsup:,
    My race went well considering I was extremely tired and hung ova haha.
    Got close to my pb in quali got really close to cracking a 31, just beat stimson which was also a awesome lap.
    Race start I knew I had to conserve and not push For for fastest laps knowing I only get 3 fast laps before the The tyres got to hot, having done no more than a 5 lapper practice race I wasn’t sure what was going to happen.
    Stimson right on my tail for 8ish Laps untill I had a half spin Which he must of had to emergency brake to avoid me which put him into a full spin haha. Sorry mate.
    From there I just conserved tyres and tried to keep sliding to a minimum, which must of worked coz had some really good pace in the last 5 laps, doing best sectors again.
    Good stuff Stimson for 2nd and ghost 3rd.
    will be interesting next race knowing how fast the nsx and Bentley is at Fuji.
    Looking forward to it and hope the live stream works out too. And a thanks for
    all your work stu
  12. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Did anyone else read this and shudder! I don't want to imagine how much further up the road you'd be if you were fully rested!

Well done slambo & Stimson, you were in a league of your own, benchmark has been set very high. Congrats to ghost on the podiumm, I have a feelig you'll be challenging for Win Fuji. I had a shocking race. Was struggling to pull the car up and turn in. Had a couple spins and one massive tank slapper at the exit of the last turn. I'm very happy to put that track behind me.

PS. the posrche is just as quick as the nsx at Fuji! should be a cracking race!
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ill say yes.... @Bounty05
    Bounty05 likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys,
    Just further to the driver briefing.... generic message to all divs.
    - SWERVING
    - Fuji has been notorious for swerving on the straights, causing issues. A reminder, you can change your line once, but swerving on the straight to prevent the car behind from passing is not allowed.
    - PIT ENTRY
    - The pit entry at 4:38 is not allowed, drivers should be attempting to stay within track limits. The painted area is considered OFF TRACK
    - the entry at 9:30 is almost right !
    - Entry at 13:08 is perfect !
    -
    Drivers who are found taking a straight line entry into the pits, with no reason to be on the paint, will receive a 5 second penalty added to their race time.
    HEADLIGHTS

- A reminder that 'FLASHING" of lights to try distract the driver in front is not allowed.
    Thanks
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That was a great night of racing guys, thanks to everyone for putting on a great show for @(Medomonen) Blake T and his stream.
    To @Slambobagan @ghost and @JJ_Penguin congrats on the podium, some great racing there.
    Results are still provisional pending any protests, and as far as pit entry i managed to check Ghost, Kartdude, Westie, Kart and Myself and all were in track limits before the stupid replay cut out.... There is 1 entry from Stimson that was borderline on lap 26, but in keeping with track limit rules, he did have 2 wheels on the track on entry...JUST !

My night, was again what could have been, but overall i had some great racing with TB and Disturboed.... Qual i was 8 tenths off my PB which 'could' have put me 6th on the grid.... Never the less, started 9th with some reasonable race pace.....
    By lap 1 i had the handbag on the lap and had dropped a couple of spots, and then a spin on lap 6 after i got up on the curb at turn 1 sent me back to the rear of the field....:mad: Sorry to TB who i collected, but thankfully he managed to stay straight and keep going.
    After that was just a case of trying to make some ground, and with a few mistakes from others managed to get back to 8th, before my stop.... I took softs on the rear, in the hope would make some ground in the cooler temps, but was too little too late and had to settle for 9th, just 3 seconds behind Aykay.....
    Some great racing lads, looking at the lap times should be more to come, although based on the prac times from Monza last night it will be a Porsche benefit for round 3 before we get to the tracks that dont suit it as much.....
    Stu
    George, Slambobagan and Anthonyb like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver briefing is up guys for the Monza Sprint
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-11-driver-briefings.4068/
    For our new drivers, really important you read and understand how the reverse grid second race works.
    Anything i have missed, or any questions, just shoot..
    Stu

* if you havent seen, Slambo was penalised 10 seconds for the contact with Penguin in round 2. He has accepted the penalty, so the race winner was ghost, Slambo second and Penguin third. Details are in the Stewards group thread.
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

congrats Ghost!
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Good racing tonight guys it was great to watch
    stucar17 likes this.