Division 1 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    :thumbsup:Thanks AO . I don't think I got the lead until lap 24 :)
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    What a race!
    Straight up, I had no expectations for this race, since RD 1 I did 8 laps of practice in this car and they were in the 15 minutes before Qualifying :rolleyes:
    Was still learning how to tackle the track during Quali and would up 9th on the last row o_O:(

Had a pretty hectic opening few laps and somehow ended up 3rd after 5 laps and had an incredible 15 or so lap battle with @Slambobagan @SUBGTRACER and @Coojak3009. Positions swapped almost every lap and some overtakes were pulled off in places that seemed impossible :confused::eek:
    Credit to the three of ya for keeping it clean, I’m pretty confident my lines and handling were a bit sketch in the first lap or so coming off iRacing lol. Speaking of which...I’m off to do some more of that so I’ll see you all next Sunday!! :laugh::laugh:

EDIT: If I find time I might put together a highlights package of that race so stay tuned...
  3. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Well done Rhino , the racing was pretty full on . Get that highlight package up !
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Hey SUB who da man. Well done mate on the win. Well done slambo and rhino sounds like a great battle
    SUBGTRACER, TheJuzzy and Slambobagan like this.
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Well done SUbby on another well deserved win
    Anthonyb, SUBGTRACER and TheJuzzy like this.
  6. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Was a good race, feel bad and I apologise that I caused contact with Benny racer, I tried to over under at the hairpin and thought I was giving him plenty of exit room, just the slightest of wheel to wheel contact on the exit caused us to become locked together and couldn’t turn or do anything, and both ended up in the fence, stupid game,, grrrrr, same thing happened to me in the first round with rhino,,
    So amazed we battled in close proximity for the rest of the race with no more contact was good fun,
    Subgt was a rocket, I had nothing for him at the end well done mate. Much deserved win
    Anthonyb, SUBGTRACER and AOCleaner74 like this.
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I was meaning points, but that's ok;)
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  8. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Anyone jumping on tonight for a bit of a prac run at this crazy track Sonoma ?
  9. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Crazy alright had a good run last night, very technical track but awesome when you ya string a lap together, have to check this pass I made on juzzy on my way to getting pole,
    TheJuzzy, SUBGTRACER and Hatfield like this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    results of sundays race?
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    TheJuzzy, SUBGTRACER and Hatfield like this.
  12. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    hehe Sideways skills , one way to pass people :) ..... Daniel Ricardo eat your heart out !
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  14. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

ROUND 3 : SONOMA NATIONAL : SPRINT ROUND :1/7/18
    1 x 14 lap / 1 x 15 lap (formation lap)

- Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Medium Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - (Light cloud /Medium cloud)
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

QUAL : 10 mins as normal
    RACE 1 : 14 laps as normal.
    RACE 2 : 15 laps..... For race 2, the room host will set up with the same regs as race 1, BUT ADD 1 LAP.
    - Cars will line up on the grid as normal, BUT ON THE GREEN LIGHT ALL CARS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 AND LINE UP IN REVERSE ORDER FROM RACE 1.

- DO NOT FALSE START AS YOU WILL HAVE TO SERVE A DRIVE THROUGH
    - Once in reverse order the lead car will lead the field round at 'approx" 100KPH.
    - Please try to stay within 1 car length of the car in front
    - BEFORE the last turn, the lead car will slow to 80KPH, and will start the race on the exit of the final hairpin.
    - NO PASSING or OVERLAP till the start finish line.
    Please make sure you are clear how this will work as its a lot different to our normal round races.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Last season was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Once again, not many places here at Sonoma that you can cut the track without hurting your lap anyway but still.... Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

NO PIT STOPS

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Garyw61 and Autech91. No protests for the first round. Awesome work guys!! If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  15. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Now that's a flaming hot lap !!!!
    SUBGTRACER and Slambobagan like this.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    OH YEAH!!
    TheJuzzy and SUBGTRACER like this.
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Still need someone to put their hands up to host this week guys.
    Also need a volunteer to put up results as well.

Will lend the room captaincy hat to @AOCleaner74 and @v8power383 to make calls on restarts and the like.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Ad2mny
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I believe @RHINO11 put his hand up for back-up host when we were setting up. If not maybe @AOCleaner74 ?

Any of you guys able to run the lobby?
  20. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Yeah, can host if required, however, AO may be the better option as primary host for Sunday as he will have all the settings already loaded up from midweek practice whereas I won’t...If he doesn’t want to I will happily host :)
    SUBGTRACER and Ad2mny like this.