Division 1 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    CAR : Pozzi Motorsports Camaro
    TIRES AND WEAR RATE : SPORT SOFT AND SPORT MED : WEAR FAST
    TIRE REGS : Qualifying and first stint MUST be on SPORT SOFT, you must do one race stint on the medium tire (no lap restriction), so a "minimum" of one stop must be made.

Start Date : 19th October
    Race Times : Qual 8:10 EST. Race Start 8:20 EST (Sydney time)
    HOST : Cyber_STIG_77 BACKUP: Beau_albert ?
    Room Captain : Cyber / Anon

TRACK LIST :
    1. Nurburg GP/F - 21 laps 19th Oct
    2. Laguna Seca - 29 laps 26th Oct
    3. Silverstone International - (Sprint Round) 2 x 19 laps (sport soft only) 2nd Nov
    4. Big Willow - 34 laps 9th Nov
    5. Indy Road - 27 laps 16th Nov
    6. Bathurst (enduro) - 38 laps 23rd Nov
    7. Monza 80s (wet race - Start wet, finish dry. - Regs to be confirmed) - 22 laps 30th Nov

GRID :
    (classes to be confirmed)
    1. Warrior RZR
    2. Rotor HTO
    3. Mint PRT
    4. DanHolland NLR
    5. Mister Bond TLR
    6. Cyber HTO
    7. Anon666 PRT
    8. Fastboy NLR
    9. thestig13 PRT
    10. TRL-Beau HTO
    11. T_B WILLIAMS (PROMOTED) TLR
    12. Beau Albert (promoted) BHR
    13. N64 (miss first 3 rounds) GRT
    14. Razor GRT

CLASS A
    Warrior
    Rotor
    Mint
    Holland
    Mister bond
    Trl_beau
    Fastboy smith

CLASS B
    anon
    Stig13
    Cyber
    T_B Williams
    Beau Albert
    N64
    Razor

THE MOD TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE REGS WHERE THERE IS AN OBVIOUS ISSUE.

We are looking at the possibility of running Division 1 in 2 classes this season. (like season 13 in the GT5 championship)
    Class A will be the top half of the field, Class B the bottom half. (class size to be determined on final numbers)

HOW WOULD IT WORK ? All div 1 drivers will compete for overall honors (as we have always done), but each Class will have their own specific championship. This means that the bottom half of the field will be competing for their own championship, separate to the aliens that have proven themselves over the last few seasons......

Why are we looking at this ? Basically to keep the interest in the bottom half of the field, chasing alien tailpipe could become a little tedious, but there is still the chance for everyone to compete for the overall championship if you find the magic formula.

Any feedback or questions on this are welcome.

Cheers
    Stu / mod team
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Coming 2nd in Division 2 i guess i have a shot at being here so i quite like that idea stu as there is quite the gap between me and Mint as i found out last night so to still have the shot to fight for a championship here would be cool, im guessing a split between top 8 and bottom 8?
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Sounds good especially considering if I'm not mistaken only 10 div 1 including TB have signed up for S4. I reckon even a couple of the top div 3 guys could make the jump to 2nd tier div 1 as they were more often than not setting faster lap times as well as total race times than div 2 which at times were 15+s faster. IMO there's only another 2 div 2 drivers signed up for S4 that could give the 2nd tier of div 1 a run for their money consistently.

From a possible S4 captain perspective how would points towards team championship work? If it's essentially like 2 seperate divisions then these drivers would be invaluable as they'd be guaranteed at the very least 7th every week if there was a total of 14 in div 1. Or will it simply be based on overall finishing position for team points? @Hatfield
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think for the teams championship we will have to run with the overall position for the round.

I will look at filling the final div 1 spots after chasing up some of the regulars who are yet to confirm their entry.

Stay tuned......i think there are a few div 2 guys that could compete for the Class B Championship.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Will be interesting as to where you put me then, this car suits my style but yet last season didnt really put much effort into it
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sounds good stu. Still can't believe I'm here though.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

:):):):) yeah Div 1 again, this season is going to be interesting
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We will sort the classes out in the next week guys when the grid is confirmed.
  9. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

How you feeling about this car Bond? I'm loving it, suits me good, going for at least top 3 this season
  11. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    I've only driven about 2 laps @ the Mountain in it and it put a big stupid :) on my face! Too soon to say if I'll be competitive in this thing. Reminds me a bit of the HQ racing era for some reason. I reckon you could just about take out the championship in this one bud. :D
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Cheers mate, this will be an interesting season for sure! Cant wait to race wheel to wheel against the best in the buisness! :D Also i gotta readjust my banner now for Div1 :eek:
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok Guys,

A general update.......

Start Date for the season will be 19th October, Sunday week.

We are very close to announcing the track list, hopefully in the next few days. Some of the tracks we have done before, some new ones as well ;)

Tyres : At this stage we are looking at running a 2 compound series on the Sports Soft and also Sports Med. This will be confirmed at the same time as the track list, Wear looks like being on fast, this will be confirmed with the track list, may be a race or two with Very fast depending on wear at specific tracks....

Weather race, again being looked at, might do something out of left field here so stay tuned. I havent tested in the wet yet but can only imagine the camaro would be as slippery as a butchers block. This could be added when the season gets started, at one of the later rounds.

Thanks for your patience guys, is a big job and the mod team is working as fast as we can to get it all together.

Cheers
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Oh f***... How did I end up here? I'm gonna be like the Bulldogs in the grand final and get flogged lol
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It's a real shame to miss out on the first 3 rounds, but as I've said, HSC comes before GT6. Not a fan of the Camaro by any stretch of the imagination, but by god does it create some cracking racing.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Well when your back, we shall compete in yet another league against each other, your quicker, but i may have a points advantage by then, bring it! :D
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol maybe he should sign you to team GRT then use team orders to keep you behind him
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Btw @stucar17 my internet is fairly good, but someone perhaps has better so atm ill say ill be up for Hosting Back-up, or full time if you need be
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

good luck for next week, cant wait to get this **** over with, and ill hopefully be back next season with a renewed enthusiasm for gt.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Here here. Good luck to you too man.
    Beau_Albert likes this.