Division 1 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    The benefit to live recording as well as going back and getting cinematic shots, I got your pass as well as the incident with Mustafur, also I checked this morning, I managed to get the replay working, so expect the vid by Tuesday morning as the earliest
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Results, lap times anybody?
  3. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Nailed it
    Randm90 likes this.
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    will post tonight
  5. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Another race down! Thank god!

After lacking speed in this Camaro this season I will be happy to see the back of it! This season has seriously been challenging and this would have to been the toughest combo by far… This is a car that understeer’s on turn-in and happily oversteers on exit.. Blah it just doesn't suit my driving style…

I was struggling with this track as well which didn't help… In terms of track I just can’t get my head around, or get the consistency It was doing my head in with rage… With Mint plagued with issues, I was able to capitalize! The only person I really had to look out for was Beau.. Qualified 4th which I was happy with considering I didn't have much pace here compared to the top dogs..

Start of the race was great! Got a good start, tucked right in behind Beau after T1… By T2 Beau ran wide and I shot up the inside… While Warrior and Dan had a scrap I was able to pull them in and sit on their tails for the first few laps.. I was shocked I was able to keep pace, until the computer(s) dialed up the next level… lol… I was hanging on in 3rd position and keeping pace in the low 12’s for my race strategy. I started making a few mistakes with Beau sitting behind closing the gap.. On a lap about L8 Beau got a good run out of Forest Elbow.. Going into the chase I put a brilliant defensive move blocking the inside… Beau broke late and ghosted straight through me and kept position…. (you should of yielded that back) I yelled at the screen (you can’t do that) but just kept going… Two laps later I had the speed on Beau going into T2, I broke late and took the spot, yet again Beau ghosted and used to his advantage to get a drive straight through me yet again (AGAIN YOU CAN’T DO THAT MAN! :mad:) I was considering going to the stewards but thought I would let it see how the race panned out and just let it go :)

Beau pitted on L12 and I pitted on L13 coming straight out after him… He was running the mediums and was pretty generous on letting me through without too much fight (thanks) here I put some solid laps in! However knowing I had to make the softs last another 13 laps… From overtaking beau I knew it could be a boring or a tight finish at the end, so I put the head down and just kept it on the black stuff! Pitted again on L26 for the mediums, I had 12 laps, and was about 50 seconds down on Warrior and Dan.. I was hoping they had another pit stop or something, I wasn't too happy they were so far in front! Towards the end of the stint I could see Mister Bond pulling me in pretty fast, I was thinking oh noes… I just kept my head down and just did my numbers… To my relief Mister Bond had another pit stop… thank god! A few laps later I saw Beau coming at me at a rate of knots.. Down the end of conrod straight I could see him at the top of the hill and it closing quickly! My pants weren't turning brown yet as I knew there wasn't many laps to go and I could hold on.. I planned on making the car wider than the track, but also knowing what Beau did before I wouldn't be surprised if he ghosted straight past me again… However thank god to my relief again he had to pit for more fuel… I let the hair down as I knew I wasn't going to catch the top two, however was just hoping either they had another pit stop or ran out of fuel! Warrior pitted again, and Dan was holding in there.. the gap dropped to 25 seconds.. Warrior had fresh tyres and was quick to pass Dan again.. on the exit of conrod on the last lap I saw a car going slow… I was thinking oh NO that can’t be Dan… The closer I got.. Yep it was Dan limping home into the last corner… I was in two minds on letting Dan take 2nd as I felt bad for him! However because we aren't on the same team and because it was a long race, he got his calculations wrong.. The computer got it wrong?! :eek: :p haha I thought I would take it.. He made me work for it!!! Blocking so well however he couldn't make it last! Haha :) Sorry mate I had to take it! :p

Congrats to Warrior… Again proven why you are 8 time champ.. You should be in another league on your own! :)

Again Bad Luck Dan, feel for you! :(
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks
  7. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks guys, that was such an awesome race, driving this car around Bathurst for 1 and half hour is just awesome. Bloody brilliant race with Dan, really unfortunate to run out of fuel. Once again ever consistent rotor, well done mate. Finally hard luck Mint, real shame about your real, with the practice speed you had you would have been right there.

I saw that on the replay, nothing deliberate, just your instinct tells you to continue if you don't see anything in front of you. I think we just need to be more aware and not take advantage of a ghosting car because it's not there for that.

Race Time 1:25:39.574
    [​IMG]
    Fastboysmith 2:13.040
    N64TheStig007 2:12.322
    Mustafur 2:12.823
    Mint_GTR 2:12.287
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  8. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Oh yes, of course I know it wasn't deliberate - Pulling that car up at speed is a handful. That wasn't my problem I have been in the same situation before and I know exactly what you mean. It was more the fact that it was taken as 'oh well it was illegal move ill keep going and keep my advantage and take the spot, because there was no car there to go around, (he didn't slow down at all)... and not do whats fair' It was more annoying when I took P3 on T2... He knew it was ghosting and took the advantage and not stuck on the outside which would of given him a bad run up to T3... I'm not going to appeal it I am just pointing it out, because shaming makes me feel good :)

P.S (sorry if it is a bit jerkish but has to be pointed out because drivers get away with it)
    warrior2167 likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,
    Regs for the final round

Wet race
    Qual and first stint on the SPORT MEDIUM TIRE, SPORT SOFT must be used at some point.
    WEATHER AT RACE START 70% (means it will be raining )
    SURFACE WATER 40%
    WEATHER CHANGEABILITY : FIXED.

Apologies for late set up guys, been getting smashed :(

Cheers
    Stu
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Qualifying on medium tyres eh? That'll be interesting to say the least!
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Who got pole?
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Warrior mate.

*Beau beat me to it
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Congratulations to Warrior and Razor on the Division 1A & 1B Championships! (Respectively)
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks warrior.
  16. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Great win Warrior and bad luck Dan with fuel miscalculation. Great race too from Rotor to pounce on second.

Finally after 6 rounds, I found some kind of groove with this moody beast. After first lap or 2 of tip toeing around the mountain, got some breathing space and thought I'd be happy if I finished the race in this position (6th). I knew razor was within a couple of seconds behind so was urging mint to keep up the pace just in front. Was a shame you came off mint, can't remember which lap, you did well considering you were using someone elses rig. :thumbsup: Would like to have battled with you through to at least the 1st pit stops.
    So now finding a large cushion between rotor and razor, was content to just enjoy the scenery. Pit stops went exactly to plan, and for me, it was the best strategy. I was enjoying the scenery a little too much around lap 30, drifted wide out of forest elbow and hit the flippin concrete blue tyres. Spun the car, lost ten seconds.
    The rest of the race was ALMOST uneventful, other than a charging Beau(trl) who had fresh softs, ghosted through my car at skyine, went off track and came straight back on just as I was heading to the first apex of the esses, pushing me straight down the emergency lane, into a spin. (Really could have waited to conrod mate, I was easy meat on my Mediums)

Congrats also to Razor for an epic first season in Div 1!

Won't be back for the last round unfortunately. Friends are having a going away send off.
    So thanks guys for the competition (a season I'd like to forget). I hope to see you all again in season 5.
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Warrior hasn't got it wrapped up just yet. If he is a no show on sunday and dan gets pole fastest lap and the win, he will take it out.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Dan will have to drop his worst result though, which would put him behind Warrior.