Division 1 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Whether it was lap 2 or not, or it was clean I'm not sure, I haven't yet seen the replay, all I remember was battling with Cyber, and we were both off after you were closing in at a vast rate of knots.
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    So, the final round in this machine which has thrown things around this season. It's tough enough in the dry, but in the wet it's a whole different animal.

I was expecting to be completely annihilated as I'm 1. slow at Monza and 2. slow in the wet. I was easily 1.5 seconds slower in race pace, but in a one-off flying lap I was moving.

Qualifying bagged me 5th, just ahead of warrior, but as Jono retreated to the back of the field, showing his trait of honesty, I was lifted to 4th. Unfortunately Jono could not get another lap in so that result stood.

The start: my initial get away was nothing shy of brilliant, even though my left thumb slipped off the right stick (which I use for starts) and I had to quickly grab the left stick to avoid fastboy. From 4th to 1st before any braking point, I was pleased. But then my controller/car had a case of "I don't want to brake" fever and I had to double tap the brake, like Jono back in round 5. Of course I ran waaaaay too deep and into the sand, slowly making my way back to the road. I reentered in 2nd or 3rd, but oh I've "gained an advantage", BAM 3 second penalty...

Dropped to 5th after that. I shook my head and continued on. I had created a comfortable gap to the car behind which was changing it's company. I received a few shortcut penalties before my pitstop, including one at the first chicane where I still had 2 wheels on the Tarmac?? That pissed me right off because I knew I did not extend the track limits.

At the pitstop, stupid me braked too late and I was pushed back to the start of the pits. However, I did not know of the extra time you have to spend in the pits if you go in too fast. I've gone into the pitbox, with the auto-driver having a seizure at the wheel, and after my tyres and fuel are done, the crew keeps me for 10 secs. I was fuming.

It was a lonely run from here. I few little moments where I thought I could catch and pass BeauAlbert, but he pitted again anyway which saved the trouble. A couple more penalties to add to the mix, at least half of them were a bit shady. But one major one caught my attention as it was absolutely bull:):):):). Ascari, the right hand section: I usually take this with a little bit of curb, not too much, but just two wheels, sometimes not even. Took my usual line through and all of a sudden in the middle of the corner I was smashed with a 5 second penalty... F***ing fantastic! The "omg what a joke" reply that Jono sent me after seeing this summed it up.

Ended up with my third 6th place finish for the season. Already taking out the Class B championship is a great achievement among such incredible drivers, and finishing 5th overall is something special too. A Div.1 rookie performance that I did not see coming at all, and I could not be happier. Congrats again to warrior for another championship, 9 in a row now, untouchable.

Cheers for a top season of fast racing. Let's hope that PD is nice to us over the coming weeks. Not too long til PCARS!!
  3. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Mate - Just to make it clear the 10 min qualifying was up. Like always and any other week it was started just after 10mins.

Razor that start was out of control!!!! I had a feeling that, that a start like that would happen and it would come from you!! However I had a gut feeling you would of got super excited and just went that little bit too deep into braking into T1.. ;)
    razor4797 likes this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Thought that was good? You see what was happening in your rearview mirror? Pretty sure i was 90 deg to the way the track was going
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yeah I know, just was a bit frustrating as it's not the first time I've missed out on a lap by the race starting whilst I'm still on a lap lol
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    maybe Im too lenient, I allow people to finish there laps as long as crossed the line prior to 10mins.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I didn't finish last in Class B?!? Didn't see that coming...
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Grats Jono, good final flourish.
  10. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats Rotor for your great win, really a great performance. And well done Mint for another 2nd place finish, It's quite amazing how it has played out over the last couple of seasons, I think you've always been inside of 5 seconds and a couple were even under 1 second.

That was a blast last night, great to see smithy up the front. As it turned out qualy was super important here and 5th was the best I could do. I knew I still had a shot if I could just stay with the leader, as it unfolded you guys got some penalties which cost me some time, I think I was the only not to receive one :).

Come the pitstops and there was no way I was coming in 4th inline, so came in a lap later to come back out in 3rd. Again like always, take it easy for a couple last before then starting the chase. I was gaining, but the lead was too great and my only chance was if Mint could catch Rotor, he didn't so 3rd was it today.
    R0T0R-AU86 and MINT_GTR like this.
  11. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Thanks Warrior :)

I was surprised by my pace here… I thought this car\combo didn’t suit me, a car I don’t really like in the way it drives and I am just terrible at Monza track, and then to add in the rain!? However I somehow made it all work..

Started out on pole! :eek: I was shocked… I saw MINT do a 1:57.7 on his first lap.. I was thinking oh great… His found a grove and only getting faster, I did a 58.0 which I wasn’t really happen with, but towards the end on the 4th lap I managed a 1:57.5 which I was pretty happy with but couldn’t get any more on the 5th lap, it was enough to do to the job and start on Pole for the first time in my ROOZ career :)

The Start of the race went to how I expected and planned… I was hoping not to get rear ended, and everyone would just follow through… However Razor had other idea’s starting back in 5th? Getting an unreal start to getting a car just of me, I was thinking Noooooo I’m going to have to fight to get back the lead and push with a bunch of…. well just a hungry MINT for a win…. LOL however as I thought would happen, he went in too deep! Fastboy made move up the inside of MINT and was followed me through, he put pressure on earlier, however I knew I had good pace on the medium tyres and just push my head down and pushed but kept a safe pace.. Fastboy made an error early which allowed MINT to come at me, all within about 1 second… Then MINT made a small error getting a Penalty, which gave me breathing space.. I put my head down and put in solid laps, I this whole time I was thinking ‘what is warrior up to?’ lol Always making you second guess to your race strat..

In the pit stops I was about 3.8 seconds in front of MINT putting in blinder in-lap and an even better out-lap ending up about 7.5 seconds in front… Here I knew I had such a lead I paced myself and stuck to my numbers without burning out my tyres or making a mistake to cop a penalty. MINT was on a charge and pulling Warrior along with him, with the gap down to about 5 seconds I started putting back on some pace matching times with MINT… Yet the 9 time Champ was still pushing that little bit more! Onto about lap 18.. it happened… made a mistake copping a 5 second penalty.. I was little frustrated at myself, and thinking oh boy MINT is going to get his pay back from the MX5 round at Red Bull Ring… The gap down to 3 seconds… As the pants started to turn brown I just switched off and ran my race… and ended up holding on and keeping the gap! :)

Once again, Congrats Warrior on your 9th Championship! Next season I am sure, Dan, Matt and myself will keep you honest for next season and won’t be so easy! :p

Thanks lads for the season, as always been a pleasure! :)
    warrior2167, skywalker and MINT_GTR like this.
  12. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Congrats on the win rotor, would have loved to have been a part of it but the pSn gods had other ideas:'( I was insisting via various PM's to just start the race and Nevermind with the farcical of re,creating endless fresh rooms only for it to :):):):) up for someone. Bit thanks to cyber and rotor for giving it a go though! Appreciate it, and to warrior with the championship sealed for the 9th time, surely u must have switched off the Camaros engine and breezed homeB-) well done mate!
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Another season done and dusted, congratulations to all that raced this season, through the thick and thin of the PS network :mad:

A huge congrats to Warrior for yet another championship in unbelievable company. To Dan, Rotor, Mint, Beau, Bond and fastboy huge respect for sticking with us and making the quality of the div 1 grid so high. To Razor, Stig13 and TB, congrats on the Class B podium. I hope the 2 classes worked ok and kept you motivated to race for something given the quality of the "aliens" you had on the grid. ;)

To Anon and Cyber, thanks for being the glue that kept these guys together. Some difficult nights, some interesting racing and a couple of tough calls, but at the end of the day to have a pretty full grid most weeks is a real credit to everyone on the Div 1 grid.

I honestly hope you are all back for season 5, after a small break where a recharge hopefully gets you keen for some more racing..if you havent already indicated you intentions, you can enter season 5 in the following thread.

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-5-entry-list.1422/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/season-5-discussion.1423/page-3#post-62566

Have a great, and safe xmas guys, hopefully catch you all after the break or in some of the side series in our great little community.

Cheers
    Mod team
  14. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Stu on behalf of Myself and the rest of DIV 1 drivers, I wish to say A MASSIVE Thank-You to you and all the Team MODS in keeping this site, and community going. Without you lads, we wouldn't have these events or such a top class GT racing community. Of course there has been some Issues with PD's and trying to get compatibility with drivers, but its not your/our fault at all.

Once again, Thanks for putting your own time and investment in for everyone else's fun/fortune. Alot don't understand how much time you guys put aside to get a Season going.

As for the rest of DIV 1, thanks for the season/year, it has been a real learning curve and I am looking forward to more battles with you lads in the future! And yes @warrior2167 we will get you one day!!!! ;)

Have a GREAT xmas break, Stay safe drink lots of beer (@Anon666 has a guide on the best beer;)), Get yourself online and have a chat and hone your skills to take down Warrior :) - IF not see you guys next year :)

Cheers,
    Scotty - AKA R0T0R
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert