Division 1 - Season 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Pretty stoked with a 3rd. My first podium in the top div. Still have no idea how i managed it.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Well done kart
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done Shane :thumbsup:, and kart 3rd good job.
    My race started well slotted into 2nd losing a few seconds to Shane in the lead, pitted early for hard fronts as i like the handling Better, my stupid pit crew held my in my pit bay for 6-7 seconds longer normal,
    So that put me out behind juzzy and spidey, having to battle with those guys lost a lot of ground to the leader, also
    Having a crash into juzzy sorry mate waited and carried on again in 7th I think, after some good battles somehow clawed my way back to 3rd and trying to chase down spidey which ended up spinning, now in 2nd and knowing I’ll never catch Shane saw he had lost 10seconds I hoped i was back in the hunt pushing hard to the end only to just miss out,
    Really enjoying the racing this season bring on the sprint round.
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I wasn't there?:D
    I did try and make it, just had dizzy spells every time I got up. Very disappointed I couldn't make it, would have been a close race up front seeing as tho I cracked a 38 on Thursday......Can we have a re run?:D
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Well I had a lovely time at Monza.
    I was feeling rather lucky to be starting up in P4. At the start I always lose a few positions off the line so the formation start up to the first chicane was very nice for me :thumbsup:.
    I never feel comfortable on the stock softs so I pitted first or second lap to put the hards on and away I went :ninja:.
    I started feeling very good about that decision as the laps went on and others started their pit strategies and I made it out in front of them. The closest one was @TheJuzzy as I think you did your pit a lap or two after mine.
    @Slambobagan and Juzz were having a battle which I absolutely loved...... Slambo managed to pass Juzz and now he was coming for little Spidey :unsure:.
    A loss of concentration had be spin it in turn 1 under braking. A few other cars went passed and from memory I was around P10 after another spin.
    I was furious with myself and thought "just keep going". There were some off track excursions for others ahead and racing battles that saw me shoot back up to P5.
    After a mistake by @t_b_williams in P4, suddenly I had a car in front and the eyes turned to dinner plates :geek:. I was after that spot and I had another spidey spin at the second chicane and then at the first lesmo corner...... I think that was on the last lap also..... I cracked it and pulled off into the dirt for a quick sulk. Last is what I got and last is what my driving deserved.
    That's the best way to begin you first Twitch racing stream yeah?? :mad:
    :laugh:
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    good job guys, well done to shayne has really taken the fight up a notch with Slambo at the front of the field. Kart, well done on your first podium.
    Also, huge thanks to everyone for the racing being so clean for the last few seasons. I know we take the piss quite well, but bottom line is clean racing is what we are, and always been about.

My night in one word.... Weird. Hadn't done a lot of prac, but on Wednesday night had a weird room where i had to turn the wheel 180* some times and had zero pace....in the prac room before the race had run a 39:6 but when the qual room started had the turning issue again, and then half way through qual one of the kids cricket bags fell off the bench and pulled the plug clean out of the wall. Frightened the :poop: out of me ! Thanks for letting me back in again guys.....Even in my 5 min qual run, had zero pace and barely struggled to get out of the 42s :confused::confused:

Started last, and managed to get up to 7th by race end, but the weirdest thing was how many guys drove away from me down the straights, even with the draft. Gary, benny and V8 all had stints in front of me, and drove off like i was stuck in 5th gear. Appp was saying i had 100% throttle, as did the on screen telemetry so buggered if i know..... Did a full re calibration on my wheel yesterday, and if feels better but buggered if i know if its not just in my head ??

On to the sprint round at Dubai, great track for this car (IMO) so should be another cracking race.
    Stu
    TheJuzzy, Spidey_11, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr

Nothing weird about it Stu, that's the thing I've been telling you about. You either need to go in and out the room a few times or you calibrate your pedals a couple of times. I calibrate mine every room now just to be sure. I think your brake stays on 1% if you don't.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sticky brake pedal?
  9. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Its annoying but I'm relieved you have reported this issue Stu I've had this issue ever since we started with enduros, I've noticed if I don't race for a few days my wheel uncalibrates itself almost can't explain why. I'm using a t300.

What I think fixes the problem is unplugging the pedals, plugging it back in and calibrating them again.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    A software issue I believe, I thought it was my new Clubsport pedals playing up but I'm hearing other people with the same issue more and more. I've tested my pedals on my PC with the Fanatec calibration app and they are perfect.

Next time you notice it (it seems to put 2-3s on a lap for me) check the calibration on the pedals in game and see if the brake shows its on 1.
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I probably won't make it Sunday night lads (will be at the Bend Supersprint and Iam not sure when I will get home).

TB - can you make sure you update PCars 1 well before you log on for this week's race?
  12. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Coming back again to have some fun. Week off so will be in 4 this round. Race ya later.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, so did a little testing last night with @Ad2mny and for added weirdness this is what i found.....
    - game was saying i was on 'loose' setup, but the car felt terrible on turn in, and no straight line pace
    - Best i could get at dubai was a low 31, adds was faster than me straight away, after id done 10 laps....
    - i went to change brake bias and noticed it went up from 60, where it normally went from 55
    - next race i changed car and loaded 'loose' setup
    - BB went up from 55 and was straight away in the 29s
    - went back to the 'stable' set up for the next race, BB started at 60, and tested the draft, Ads was driving away from me in a straight line, and when he was in the draft, he pulled bulk time. Best i could do was a low 31
    - Went back to 'loose', and confirmed BB started again at 55, and lap times were again in the 29s
    - went back to monza for a quick test, and in a 5 lapper in clear air, was back in the 29s, with steering feeling normal.

All i can work out from what ads and i saw last night, is that even though the game said i was on a loose setup, the car was actually running stable.....my tester will be BB, starting at 55, and actually loading the loose setup from the start menu.

on Monday i also re-calibrated pedals, however i cant confirm if it made any difference....i think it felt different, but more the weight of the wheel. Both the throttle and brake trace were the same before and after.

hope that makes sense !
    Spidey_11, TheJuzzy, Ad2mny and 2 others like this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Did your default camera change?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Weird issues..
    My default camera angle has been changing over the last few races, but can't say I've noticed anything different with the way the car felt.
    TheJuzzy and beakeroo like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    it did it a few times early last week, but only on the one night ....
    TheJuzzy and beakeroo like this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well the camera change has happened to me a few times, I just wondered if it was an indication that the problem has occurred.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Have also had the default camera change, but not noticed any change in handling that may signify a change. Like @stucar17 says, just check your default brake balance first time onto the track when you enter the lobby. 55=loose setup, 60=tight
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Mine is always on 55 so I guess it is not the same error.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  20. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I believe that disabling car roll overs in the oprions menu will prevent this from happening. Works a treat for me.