Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    are we using Spa with no time change or we using the time change version?
    skywalker likes this.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    50/50 weight Distribution, shouldn't matter where it is.
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Its in reference to beaus video
  4. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Another awesome race edit Beau! Really well done, a great watch.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  5. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Sorry guys, I am out tonight.....lets just say pre race prep for Bathurst 12hr today as put me in a zombie state....good luck everyone and hopefully someone can knock Rotor off the top step this season ;)
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I can also confirm I'm withdrawing from this season, and following my sisters championship win the Women of ROOZ, she will be taking my spot.
    CAB77 likes this.
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    So that's where the talent in the family runs ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Sorry to the people who got caught up in my mess tonight, still not sure what happened on lap 2 there. My mind just wasn't in it tonight, shouldn't have raced tonight.
    Things happening between my boss and me at work is causing me stress and anxiety.
    Yet again sorry guys, was hoping this would be a stress reliever but it didn't.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Well, this race feels a little sour.... alot of chaos tonight which was disappointing..... qualifying didnt go to plan and alot of mistakes by me meant i never got a great lap in :( But the start would mean none of that would matter and i got away cleanly and was ready to settle into a rythem nice and quick. Until i saw about 436 cars spearing off at the exit of Turn 1, Lap 2...... It might have been 4 cars.... one of them!!! Anyway i managed to squeak around the outside missing them all and from there it was wait to be caught by the drivers on softs and then just run my laps and hit my marks. Fastboy in one of the more stupider moves ive seen, sorry but theres no other way i can put it, took me and himself to a grassy damage fest on the 2nd quicker corner at Spa..... I pitted end of lap 10 and began to carve my way through the field. TB was awesome when i went to get past, squeezing me all the way to the edge of the grass but no more, but sadly he could do nothing about the fresher rubber. Next up, D1B competitor of @Mister_Bond_747 ! I eventually caught him, and being on the softs to his prime tyres, i thought it would be a piece of cake! Yeah pretty stupid of me to think that hey? Bond refused to budge and it was obvious he wasnt going to let me through if he didnt have to, so when he made a mistake at Pouhon, i knew i had to go for it and i went around the outside of the 1st campus and just about made it stick! From there it was no mistakes to the flag and grab my 2nd D1B win of the season! Awesome racing from 95% of you guys tonight, hopefully the Sprint Round next up is some controlled carnage!
    -Bobo
  10. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Really pleased with the win as I needed to stop Rotor's momentum. Too bad there's no points for pole, as I'm really nailing those laps compared with last season.

Looking at the 1st corner, pole was a huge advantage as it helped me slowly build a gap on the softs. 2nd stint on the hards was really tense, with rotor and must closing me down to 2 seconds, well done guys, fantastic pressure that was.

Pole: warrior2167 (2:12.314)
    Provisional Results pending any protests.
    [​IMG]
    13th Zampli - Lap 11 (2:17.957)
    14th fastboysmith - Lap 9 (2:14.536)
    15th TRL_holl01 - Lap 3 (2:13.068)
    [​IMG]
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Gee, the one race I have a good chance of scoring points and look what happens...

Normally I probably would have called it quits there and then I was pretty exhausted after Bathurst, but not at Spa, no way. On softs, I could actually have some fun with this car and I sure did, especially that epic encounter with @Pringles_947, nothing says awesome like going side by side from Stavelot to the end of the Bus Stop! I lost a lot of time overtaking Beau and Fastboy, very frustrating. I stayed out a lap too late on the softs, but even with the awful hards I was still flying, but I couldn't pass tb, and unfortunately I ran wide at Blaunchimont a few more times than I would have liked*. I didn't expect the tyres to be that dirty so I gave a few too many whacks from behind. Massively frustrating as I knew I had a lot of pace to pass Razor too. Once I did pass tb, with a daring move at Les Combes, reminiscent of Hill VS Schumacher in '95, Razor had flexed his muscles and the gap was too much. I planned one last gasp at the Bus Stop, but a wheel on the grass before Blaunchimont put paid to that. 10th place at Spa is a HUGE disappointment. Not just that, but a 1B race win flushed down the drain. Egh.

*not to mention some really silly corner cuts at Bus Stop, really struggled with that corner. If you want to rub some more salt into the wounds, go ahead.

Well done warrior, absolutely outstanding! I'm looking forward to racing wheel to wheel on a single tyre, no silly gaps on performance. Till next time.

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    warrior2167 and Mister_Bond_747 like this.
  12. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Retarded race ending in a dsc.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Qualifying didn't go to plan, on my 1st Hotlap I must of had a bit too much wheel spin coming out of T1 but my first sector was really slow so I binned the lap and went really slow to save my tyres for the next lap, problem was the tyres were cold when I started my lap so i couldn't get any better then a 12.7 the next lap my tyres where warmed but this was the 3rd flyer and by then my tyres lost too much rubber and there was no hope getting better, so i started 5th and i knew this was going to be hard because the first corner is very tight.

My start got off well but rotor ahead had a bad start and went to defend the Inside, so I went to the outside and swiped Alfa luckily it didn't spin him off but he managed to get past me on the corner and so did Razor. Then 1 by 1 I managed to get myself to 2nd and then I tried to reel in Warrior, I knew I had to do it fast so i could latch on before my tyres where too worn to stay with him but i made a slight mistake at Stavelot taking too much kerb which ruined my momentum for the whole back straight and then from there on Warrior took off, my tyres where in pretty bad shape as I pushed hard to get ahead of the battling pack so I wouldn't get dragged out of contention.

Then Rotor who was being held up by Nicko got past and then started to reel me in, at this point i knew it was inevitable that there was an incoming battle so I braced for it, then for about 4 laps we were in full battle mode, I thought it would be quite easy to pass here given the big straights but somehow I managed to keep him behind me, then I hit the Kerb at Blancimont awkwardly and it sent me wide and my tyres grazed the grass inbetween the run off making my tyres slippery and then when it came to braking into the last chicane i literally had no brakes and my car just slid off the track and Rotor managed to slip past. After that i tried my best to stay with him till the pits.

We both pitted at lap 11 and luckily he is the host so his box was after mine so it didn;t slow me down too much after the stop the gap was about a second bigger then when i entered and then i tried my best to try reel rotor in as i was more comfortable on hards, i felt like i was catching him at around a tenth or two a lap but it would be very 50/50 whether it would be fast enough to get him by the end, then on lap 17 i made a mistake going wide and that cost me about a second and a half and then i undid all the work i did, then i just went all out hoping for the best and basically got the gap down to what it was before the mistake, the hard tyre wore very slow so you could push the entire time and not lose too much pace.

so I ended up 3rd behind Rotor and the Victor Warrior.

I was hoping for more but I was too harsh on softs to have a chance at a win. but I got Fastest lap so thats some consolation.

Well Done to Warrior for his First win of the season and Rotor who maintains his lead in the championship.

Also Well done to Beau for his Div 1 B victory.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  14. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Really great race tonight guys, I enjoyed every second!!
    In qualifying my first flying lap was a little too messy for my liking, so I decided to back off mid lap and cool down before I had one last attempt at a great lap. Second flying lap I got most of the lap right and crossed the line with a 2'12.5, good enough for P4.
    Race start and I managed to get off to an awesome start, jumping to the inside before T1 and moving from 4th to 2nd by Eau Rouge. Rotor was right on my bumper and itching to get past, but I managed to keep him at bay for a lap or two before he got past, along with Mustafur. This battling had allowed Warrior to pull out a steady gap.
    A few laps went on, I think I made a mistake and this allowed Alfa through, by lap 11 my tyres were gone... Decided to pit lap 12 along with the 4 guys in front of me.
    Pit stop over and I came out in P5, and was set on hunting down Alfa. By lap 20/21 I was right on his bumper, knew I needed to make a move soon. Final lap came around and Alfa made a slight mistake coming out of turn 11 which allowed me to get a very tight move done into turn 12. Alfa gave just enough room for me to sneak by, great racing mate :thumbsup:
    Crossed the finish line in 4th position, a good race but can always be better.
    Congrats to Warrior the victory, flawless drive.
  15. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    An eventful round at Spa to say the least. o_O

I knew my pace was shocking so I was not expecting anything fantastic in the results. Quali bagged me 11th which was expected. However my start was not...

A perfect jump off the line got me into a great position to make a move down the inside of T1, and before I knew it I had the power down, bounding towards Eau Rouge in 5th. But as the lap went on, car after car went by and I was slotted back into 10th. Was a moment of "how the f did that happen?"

Lap 2 T1 was a disaster as we all know. I was almost caught in the middle, but only received a slight tap and front right damage.

Had a nice battle with TB for a little during the first stint, although I knew that as soon as the draft became non-existent, he would pull away, as he eventually did. However, the gap he created was soon disappeared due to a slow pit stop.

I thought the battle may have continued on until TB made a costly mistake and caught the grass. This allowed me to attain the position and push on.

I knew that without any mistakes that 9th place would be mine as I knew that Pringles would pass me and continue to increase a gap.

As he passed on lap 17, he ran wide at Eau Rouge and this allowed me to run beside him. I had the inside line going into Les Combes. Pringles ran wide and I took the racing line, little did I know that Pringles' RX-7 was re-entering the track at a rapid rate straight into my left side. This threw me into the wall and gave a lot of damage. Now I was worried about my finishing position...

N64 and TB were battling but their pace was still fast. When N64 passed TB, there was not long left in the race and he would have to put the hammer down to catch me. N64 did this and got extremely close at the Bus Stop for the final time, however my car placement was right and he could not complete a move.

So, a 9th place. Not bad considering I was easily one of the slowest out there. Congrats to Warrior for the win and stopping Rotor's Hat-trick of wins. It's a fierce fight which we are all watching with our eyes peeled! :thumbsup:

Til' next week, which me thinks will be a sprint round much like last season ;) Cheers.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's great, thanks Warrior.
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Another race down!

ugh. What a tiring, frustrating race!

Where to start! Quali. On my first flying lap I was not exactly happy with popping in a 2:12.8, I was sitting behind alittle and started to drop down the list... I put my head down for the next lap and popped in a 2.12.459 which I knew I had more time in it as I had a shocking first sector! I ended up .250 tenths up on the next lap however the tyres where shot at this stage... I ended up just missing out on pole yet again only just .145 of a second behind Warrior's pole lap.. I was still happy starting from the front row!

Onto the race... From the start it only got frustrating and then even more frustrating... On launch for some reason, it lagged... again same thing that happened at silverstone.. I got a good lunch but because of the lag I then ended up getting attacked by 3 or 4 cars into T1... I had to put some defensive moves on however it was a little late when Aussie Nicko already got up the inside, i had to give the position... from here i went backwards... trying to find a way past i was getting frustrated behind Nicko as i could see warrior starting to pull away, i had more pace than Nicko but he was doing well to keep his position, I made a few error's which then allowed Mustafur pass, and seemed to get past Aussie easy enough too... Here I got even more frustrated because I also had Alpha having a sniff into the bus stop chicane! Oh no... 2nd on the grid to 5th.. Ugh.. Then it happened i finally got past both Aussie and Alpha into T1.. There was a slight touch I back off as much as I could and moved right over, but i think Aussie got on the power too soon having a semi half spin.. (sorry mate, i think i encouraged that) from here i just put my head down and started to pull in Mustafur.. Once i finally got onto the back of Mustafur i could see Warrior and there was a slight chance of attacking... however Mustafur had other plans on keeping me behind him as much as he could.. i couldn't do too much, i was putting so much pressure on him and we where loosing more time to warrior... I could see the gap increasing everylap.. oh boy i think i yelled (fkn mustafur! move!) ROFL... getting really impatient there was once or twice moment that i had exceeded the track limits which i could of made a pass however i didn't and got off the gas.. a few laps later after putting all this pressure on Mustafur, he made a mistake running wide at Blanchimount and i knew his tyres would be dirty going into the Bus Stop, he went to inside to cover and i knew he would out brake himself, so i stuck to my braking marking and it was a pretty easy pass... By this time, Warrior had a 6 second lap.. Oh god dammmit!

Now I started to push.. I think the gap was about 5.7 seconds going into the pits on lap 11.. If i had any chance i had to push now and push hard! I push as hard as i could to close the gap to Warrior, he pitted on lap 12, and on laps 13,14,15,16 I was closing up to and over .5 of a second a lap untill it was down into 2.2 second, and then it happened.. Because i was pushing soo much and pitting a lap earlier the gap started to grow again.. I had a feeling this would of happened! By the end of the race the gap was soon back out to 6 seconds as there wasn't much i could do about it!

I think if i didn't get that weird lag spike at the start or getting held up by Aussie and Mustafur it could of been a different story and felt i could of challenged again for win! However not to be the case, all i can do is look forward to the next race :)

Well done Warrior once again, and Mustafur for round out the podium! And of a worthy mention to Aussie for being a pain in my butt at the start of the race :)

On this note, I wont be here for the Sprint round as I will be in Melb for the Australia F1 :)

Good luck everyone for next week!
    razor4797, warrior2167 and Mustafur like this.
  18. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Was I lagging or did someone just push up the inside of me in turn 1, with no fear of creating contact, and then didnt even think to give back the position, just curious. Turn 1 of a 21 lap race, is for me, the least likely place I would attempt to pass someone, and the most likely place I would drive ultra conservative, but thats just me.
    KeedenMcdonald and skywalker like this.
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Nah there was no lag from you watching it back right now, R0T0R and Nick were just both very opportunistic and it ended with everyone getting a bit of a squeeze, 3 cars all within 5 meters of the racing line, one of the cars cm's away from the inside barrier, it was always going to be touch and go.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the good thing about spa is, if this happens and you are on the outside, you can just gun it on the run off area to avoid being hit and still get a good run through eau rouge