Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    guys, just a general request for all drivers....Given the issues we have at the moment with the PD network can we please refrain from entering other division rooms till their race is finished....this will stop any potential issues with drivers being disconnected form their race and also stops the message bar from being activated disstracting the drivers.

Thanks stu
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah also I can't stress limiting text chat helps as well, instead of asking everyone how many they see just say if you don't see this many then clear cache.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    @stucar17 Due to us all running the Medium compound, are we allowed to pit during qualifying or still closed?
  5. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Also i will be hosting tonight as Fastboy's net was mucking up :)
  6. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Sorry for going backards, heat of the moment rage I guess, but I'm fed up with being steam rolled by hyper aggresive drivers, who make poor decisions on lap 1, If you're not good enough to make a difficult pass, err on the side of caution, don't ruin other people's races. I don't often rage like that, my deepest apologies, but after last race turn 1, and now this race, it's just gotta stop, it's almost like it's life or death driving, its not, it's a game. Take it easy.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'll get in before it starts guys. Any grievances are to be taken to the room captains (there are 4 of us) or to a Mod. Not in here.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yep, let us deal with it all out back, not in public.
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Ok, Tough night. provisional results at this stage.
    Pole - aussie_nicko 1:10.093

[​IMG]
    13th TRL_holl01 - DSQ
    Race 2.
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately my hunch was correct and there were several incidents that need to be reviewed so combined round results are yet to be determined.

Guys before you vent here, just remember were hear for some enjoyment and friendly competition. Obviously guys are gonna get it wrong on occasion, I mean what racing series in the world does get it right 100% of the time.
    SuiCid3, Mister_Bond_747 and stucar17 like this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah I agree, if you have an issue with someone just talk to em about their driving or what not, it's competitive racing but nothing is on the line here.

Having a Look at the replay suggests to me this more hangs on some new people here so no harm in just explaining the ins and outs of what we expect.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Warrior.

I will have half a rant here, and post up in the other threads in due course.....Warriors last comment hits the nail on the head..

As a community we have worked our arses off to get what we all wanted....Big grids so we can go "racing". That doesn't mean dive bombing, it doesn't mean crashing, it doesn't mean desperate moves so drivers get the :):):):)s and either don't come back, or worse, take matters into their own hands. I missed the div 2 race tonight so cant comment on what happened during that race with a full grid on a tough track, but from the comments i have seen through the divs i would hope that as a group we are better than that. We are here because we got sick of getting belted off track, spun purposely, or not feeling like we could get a clean race anywhere else. Im bloody sure i have better things to do with my time than sift through a :):):):) load of protests every Monday or trying to uphold the integrity of the community / forum just because the same people are getting belted every week.

If corners are too hard then maybe we should race a 7 week series on daytona oval.

I just dont get the desperation we have been seeing through all the divs.....
    KoAStR, Ad2mny, Easyprey007 and 9 others like this.
  12. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well, I don't think I need to say too much that hasn't already been said, but I'll give my review regardless.

Qualifying was so-so, couldn't quite dial a lap in, but on my final run I was somehow just 3 tenths off after 2 sectors, but I blew it after getting distracted at some parked TLR cars at the hairpin, a bit of a shame, I had that lap nailed up until that point.

Lap 1 was intense, I got a relatively good start and tried to avoid getting into trouble. A car went flying across the track near the end of Sector 1, and I just tried to hold position into the tight S bend, but the field was still scrapping, and I found myself on opposite lock, drifting like an AE86 before correcting it, futilily as I was snapped the other way due to contact and was flying down the mountain to a firey death. Luckily you can't die in GT6 so I was stuck in 2nd last with damage. The fight back was on. I had some great scraps with Zampli, Razor and Fastboy, who I all dispatched, sadly due to two of them spinning. In my efforts to catch up, I had taken too much out of the tyres, and Razor was all over the back of me. I held on just for 7th.

Race 2 was another case of what might have been. Another strong start was thankfully not ruined with meeting face to face with a wall. With only Razor, Pringles and Fastboy ahead, I had a feeling I had a good chance to win this one. How wrong I was. Razor was holding me up bigtime, and I was waiting for an opportunity to pass, most likely into the first or final corner. As a result of being bottled up behind Razor, Beau got ahead with a very ambitious move on me to say the least. This cost me a fair bit of time as I still needed to get past Razor before the usual gang of aliens arrived. Razor on lap 7 ran wide at the long right hander and I got the move done. Razor looked to hold station behind me as I set off to reel in the top 3, but Alfa tapped me underbraking, and poor old Razor and I tripped over each other. I fell into the clutches of Mustafur a few laps later, and much to my surprise, I was keeping up with him. That was, until on lap 17 I got well out of shape on the kerbs in sector 1 and let warrior, Beau and Nicko through. It was a miracle I didn't let anymore cars through, I should never have
    been able to hold that!
    I realised on the main straight that I just threw away a podium when I saw a group of cars scattered all over the place. Frustrating, but also good for me. Again, Mustafur was on the hunt, and I was doing my best to resist him, but now I couldn't catch Beau. Last corner of the last lap, nooooooo! 5th place thrown away after getting over ambitious with the braking, Mustafur was there to pick up the scraps. A 7th and 6th is something to smile about after what has so far been a dreadful season. Big congrats go to Nicko, well done teammate!

Cheers, Jono.
    Ad2mny, razor4797, AUSnicko9 and 2 others like this.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Very interesting race, but thrilling regardless.

Qualified 2nd for race 1 behind Nicko who did a 10 Flat and ahead of Warrior, My start went well and i was close to Nicko but early lap distractions by you know what made it difficult for me to focus on staying with nicko as i though the race may be stopped, and then i lost the draft and nicko was able to slowly edge away, then I had to defend against Warrior for the rest of the race but managed to keep 2nd even though he passed me on the last corner I got him back around the outside of T1, good stuff.
    So finished 2nd.

Race 2 was INSANE, LIKE LITERALLY INSANE!!.

I started 2nd last and got the best start of my life and got like 4 spots before T1 then managed to get up to about 6th before nudging TB into a spin so I waited for him and was dead last.

Then I went hell for leather, passed TB the following lap then went out catching Nicko who couldn't pass Bond, as soon as I got close to Nicko I got him on the inside of the really long right Corner as he went a bit wide, then I passed about 4 cars on the last turn as a big bunch went wide and got involved in a crash I almost spun Bond but i hit the wall and it actually helped him get ahead of everyone so i felt that luckily i wouldn'tneed to redress after that, and that got me well ahead of Warrior who got caught in the crash. I then went on catching Bond, got past him on T1 a few laps later and the following lap got a run on Razor at the sector 1 checkpoint. Now I was behind N64. He defended well and was proving very hard to pass So I thought outside the box and I went for a Ricciardo Style move that he used on Alonso at Hungary on T1 knowing he wouldn't expect me to do that and it worked perfectly and got past without hitting his car as i was just able to keep the car from going wide on entry, we were side by side on exit but I had the inside and was able to get ahead.

Then Beau made a mistake and went off track from the leading pack and I got past as he entered the track, now only 3 left in the leading pack and then they had a massive shunt on the pit entry, I tried to avoid Pringles but went straight into Fastboy not seeing him as there was smoke all over the place.

Then basically what felt like half the grid past me as I was hobbling along with damage and ended up behind N64 again, I was in 6th but several second back behind N64, I caught right back up to him by the last laps and tried like hell to pass but I couldn't find a way past until he made an error on the last corner of the last lap and I got past to take 5th.

Not sure what to think, I past nearly everyone, which I felt was a great effort but I finished behind Warrior and Nicko who lucked out on the leader crash so I didn't manage to win the round which I probably would of if it didn't happen(Despite being last after Lap 1).

As much as people may hate sprint rounds, i think they are still the best of the season as it tests everyones race craft to the limit, where as alot of races are more about being consistent with your pace and can get lonely.
    Ad2mny, AUSnicko9, skywalker and 2 others like this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Should I bother working out the round results or are there going to be penalties??. Has anybody got the lap times in the mean time?
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I think there may be a protest, im 90% there is, but don't quote me on that....
  16. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    A really hectic two races last night!

My best qualifying yet, nailing a 1'10.093 from memory, which I was stoked with as it was the first 10.0 I had done at this track.
    Race 1 started and I got a good run into T1, held on to 1st and after that point just focused on the track ahead of me. At about half race distance the gap back to Mustafur had reached about 1.7s which gave me a little bit of breathing room but I knew if I made one little mistake Mus and warrior would be back in my slipstream. Until about lap 16 or so the gap increased to 2 seconds when warrior put a move on Mus, and I ended up crossing the 1st for my first ROOZ win! Stoked.

Race 2 and I was being fairly conservative on the start, Alfa (I think it was?) didn't quite get a great run off the line and was overtaken by a fair few cars, I had a look down the inside but I didn't think it was going to work so I backed out. I spent the next few laps behind warrior after Mustafur had got a fantastic start, next thing there was a big crash at the final corner which was basically unavoidable haha. Still behind warrior so I just focused on following him in the hopes of catching the leaders. At this point I came up behind Bond who I was having a difficult time getting by, he made a slight mistake coming through the final corner running wide and I was able to get a good run down the straight to get by.
    Next thing there was another crash at the final corner which was fairly easy to capitalise on, coming out in P3 with Warrior and Alfa in front of me, which was also how we crossed the line.

A really enjoyable night for me last night guys, thanks again for some awesome racing. :) Very happy to have my first win in ROOZ. Looking forward to Suzuka!
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done Nicko.
    AUSnicko9 likes this.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Race 1:
    [​IMG]

Race 2:
    [​IMG]

19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Warrior, do you know of any protest?
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yes @emmo46 there are protests lodged. Results are provisional.