Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

sigh, sorry guys, wont make it tonight, got some uni work to catch up on and also some stuff around the house to do.
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Might see if I can pop in tonight and have a run around :)
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    CRAP!!! forgot about the update. Started it now. Hopefully doesn't hold you guys up. Will keep you posted as to how its going.
  4. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Initial download and install done, just waiting for the in game install.
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Done. Luckily got a quick download.
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done Nicko for a superb drive, and congrats to the podium as well.
    A stellar performance from Beau also to take the Div B win, looks like you'll be in the A group next season

Pole aussie_nicko 1:54.9
    [​IMG]
    12th fastboysmith - DNS
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny, AUSnicko9, emmo46 and 2 others like this.
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

More like Fastboy GFO
  8. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Cheers everyone in div 1, couldn't have had more fun to finish 9th :)

After the usual pre race shenanigans (that i have missed so much lol) I was quite surprised to qualify 3rd, actually thought eveyone behind me was on hards haha.....missed my launch and thought better to go side by side with my teammate, mustafur, into turn 1 so I quickly surrendered and slotted in behind. And that's when the intensity that you only experience at ROOZ, kicked me in the face.....what awesome fun it was between myself, mus and warrior (until you spun, unlucky mate)
    I somehow felt a sense of comfort as we rolled off the laps until lap 7 (or 8, can't remember) where before the race I told the missus I was doing a different spoon tonight :whistling:...then I ate crap exiting spoon curve....paid for that one!?!
    It wasn't pretty for the rest of the stint until I stopped and then realised short filling was the best way to achieve last position.....I was back in on lap 17 to put another pair of hard shoes on and the minimum fuel required, to be greeted shortly after by TB. We enjoyed a great battle for a few laps, reminiscent of our last battle between each other back in the 2.4hr Le mans, until TB unfortunately made a mistake and gifted me a cruisy path to the finish.

A big congrats to nicko on the trifecta, an impressive feat in any division of ROOZ :thumbsup: Well done to mustafur and rotor for keeping him honest all the way to the line :)

I have no guarantee I will be back next week as this week knocked me for six but thanks everyone for a fun night of league racing :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  9. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Thanks everyone for another great night of racing!

Could not have asked for a better performance from myself for this round. Grabbed pole position with a 1'54.9, just a fraction quicker than warrior's 55.0. I knew it was going to be a tight race so I settled in ready for the 24 lap adventure.
    Lights went out and I held P1 into turn 1, warrior right on my tail, and I set my focus on trying to pull out a gap. 2 laps down and I had 1.3s over warrior who a few laps later made a slight mistake which allowed Mustafur into 2nd. By lap 10 my lead began to slowly diminish so I decided to put the hards on.
    Came out of pits in P7 just behind TB who put a wheel off at turn 1, which gave me a free track to get the hards up to temp whilst I tried to get a good outlap going. Most others decided to pit on lap 11 which gave me a good undercut, and came out with a gap close to 6s. For the remainder of the race I just focused on keeping my lines clean and accurate until the finish.

Congrats to Mustafur and Rotor on rounding out the podium. Hopefully I can continue a good string of results to bring home a good position in the championship. Really enjoying the Sunday league guys, it has been a while since I have been involved in racing this good!
    Ad2mny, Peter Wise, Watto64 and 2 others like this.
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    How to set up a qualifying lap 101:
    Step 1: Make sure you go wide at Spoon and get grass and gravel on your tyres. Remember not to weave to remove this.
    Step 2: Approach 130r at racing speed and then get annoyed when you are facing the wrong direction at 220.
    Step 3: On your first flying lap make sure you half spin and further damage your tyres.
    Still very happy with qualifying 5th, and even if I didn't have my troubles, I doubt I was going to move the top guys :)

For the race start I was a bit more nervous than normal, being my first time starting on the softs all season I had no clue how aggressive to be and Alfa managed to capitalise on me into turn 1. From here I just tried to get into a nice rythem and be smooth on my tyres. Sadly I had R0T0R right on my Japanese exhaust and he was able to pounce on me into Turn 1. However on Lap 3 warrior had his issues and I just about managed to squeeze ahead of him to move up one place :D
    However, it was short lived as Warrior attacked and was soon able to go around the outside at the hairpin and make me look rather amateur!
    On Lap 11 I came in for my scheduled pitstop and as I entered pits the AI took over. Im glad he did, I thought the pit speed was 80kp/h, turns out it was closer to 5kp/h :/ Sadly this did spread the "Trulli Train" of cars out that had formed over the first half of the race but these tricky cold tyres were very slippery and sadly Warrior found it out the hard way and I managed to get by once more.
    For the next few laps I was trying to hold him at bay but I got so distracted about keeping him behind, I kinda forgot to turn in to the first Degner...... whoops??
    So from there my race was simply hold onto 5th and try and withstand the pressure from Pringles who was coming quick on the Softer compound! Crossing the line for another Top 5 was a huge relief, also taking out D1B when my main title rival struggled was a great result. Next up is Fuji which is a track I love so Im hoping for another strong result in D1B as I can tell the Enduro is going to be all kinds of struggles for me! Cheers for the racing guys, well done Nicko! Two on the trot! See you all next time :)
    -Bobo
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I gave a good demonstration on how not to drive tonight, utterly woeful night.

I binned my best lap at Spoon, so qualifying was a disaster. So was the race, spun on lap 2, could barely keep up with Pringles who was on hards, and I crashed as I entered the pits. To make matters worse, I hit the wrong button on the D pad and I failed to select the hards. So that meant my race was done there and then. I'm really going to struggle at Fuji, probably my most hated track in the game, I guess Clevo's cement is in order.

Huge props to @MINT_GTR for rising above adversity and making his comeback, it was fantastic having you back kicking my arse again lol

Well done Nicko on another win, a further compliment to GRT's domination of Suzuka!

Cheers, Jono
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    First of all WD Nicko on your win, and mustafur for 2nd step.

For me.. uggghhh a night I actually didn't really enjoy... Practice most of the week I was on the pace, 55s flat and come to practice before the race I was barely scraping through the 55s, not to mention i think my net was playing up hence beau hosting...

I had a pretty bad quali, first lapped i bined on the first corner... second lap was just average, and only managed a 55.8. sigh, that was 7th... I think that's actually my worst qualifying ever... However i did know there is a lot of room for error's and i just had to be consistent!

off the the start and i got away ok, nothing special, first up was Beau, I needed to get past as the rest of the field was getting away... I made my move and just had to play catch up... then on the first corner i see a spun warrior! i was shocked... then two laps later i did the same! ughhh everyone seemed like they had a spin, i had to muscle past alpha then the rest fall over... poor Mint.. haha i think you got caught out the same corner a few seasons ago? or a different season you where on for a good spot and did the same thing.. haha :p

towards the end of the first stint mustafur was pulling in nicko, i thought it could get interesting, nicko pitted a lap earlier and i think that was a smart thing to do, he pulled another 2 seconds on everyone, here i think the rest of the field behind myself and mustafur got done in the pits, we also ended up a far way down the track after the pit stops..

on fresh rubber i was feeling good, however not good enough, my pace was still off... from my practice times i was about 8 tenths a lap off... sigh, i was getting a little frustrated... in the end i settled for 3rd, i didn't want to push any harder for the chance of mistakes....

Once again WD nicko, control the race on a very difficult track!

I am a little bit bummed i missed last weeks meet, however last weeks and this weeks results are going to open the championship wide open! :)
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so were you not able to attend? or had issues with getting into the room?
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    From what I can tell he left on his own accord...
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So he was there...so gets points for dsc?
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Not sure if it was a DSC, more of a frustration over PD which you can't blame him for but yes, he was there.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    he left because he couldn't see people, i would give him points for attending.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    already done
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer i left because I couldn't see 2 people, tried to get back in but was getting can not join try again later
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield