Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    yeah, sometimes the only thing of interest is trying to estimate if and when you are going to be lapped:confused:
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    @emmo46
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    My race... Yeah.
    Wasn't feeling confident at all, and when unfortunately I was bombarded with phone calls wishing me luck for Uni, horrific timing and thus I was forced to start last.

I got a good start but I just wanted to survive the first lap, so I didn't go for any overtakes.
    My only highlight was passing Nicko into Brooklands on lap 3, and apart from that it was a dreadful race.
    I felt miles more comfortable on softs so I couldn't wait to put those tyres on and close the gap. But unfortunately, the game instantly selected my options so I had to pit again the next lap. Would have been nice to see if I could do something about the midfield. Silverstone isn't a happy hunting ground for me so I'm looking for a much better result at Tokyo, and find a way around these tyre restrictions.

Cheers, Jono.
    Ad2mny and warrior2167 like this.
  4. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Congrats to everyone on a great season opener, was awesome to see a full grid once again in the top tier....albeit falling one short thanks to PD being the party pooper.

Coming into the race, I literally was going to decide my strategy by the flip of a coin.....turned out I had no coins so had to make a call. I went the opposite to my gut feeling and decided to go on hards. Once quali started, only an hour behind schedule, I couldn't put a lap together to be in close contact with Mustafur. The start was great fun with all the softies up front ;) and hard ons down the back straight into battle. We all got through sector 1 and I found myself straight on Nicko's rear end, trying to get my rotary up to my teammate. A couple of laps later, I assumed position behind Mustafur and as the laps ticked by it looked like we were going ok. By lap 9, mistakes started creeping in and I said bye to mustafur and hello to Beau as the first round of pitstops came up. My first mistake happened when I went the ol' "lets do an extra lap compared to the others" strategy and I found myself a position to Beau down as I exited the pits :thumbsdown: After enjoying the stupid amount of grip on the new compound, I quickly found myself on the rear end of Beau where I enjoyed a great battle for a few laps until my one less lap worn tyres made the difference and I found a way past. The rest of the laps to the chequered was spent just in awe of what was happening up front between Rotor and Warrior (and potentially Mustafur) and I crossed over for a very rewarding 4th finish :)

To Rotor and Warrior, congrats guys on what was an epic finish to that race (after watching the replay).....A massive congratulations to Rotor, a well deserved win mate and Warrior on a hard fought to the chequered 2nd (if I recall, Mustafur did the same to you back in S1 at Silverstone, crazy close finishes) Also to Mustafur on 3rd, I am sure you gave those 2 guys upfront something to think about with 2 laps to go, even I thought you might have it?!?!?

With this new found strategy game, it really puts anyone with a chance to win this series so a big pat on the back to the mods :thumbsup: Unfortunately I wont be here for Tokyo this week (thank god for the drop round haha) I will be taking part in a nurburgring 24hr down in Adelaide so wish everyone a great race and see you all at Spa :)
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yes your right and also finishing 2nd to Dan in the camaro sprint race. I would say I finished 2nd by less than half a second when combining those results.
    SuiCid3, R0T0R-AU86 and MINT_GTR like this.
  6. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Really enjoyed reading all your race recaps guys, thought I'd share my recollection of the race.
    I had a fairly good debut race, decided to qualify on the hards and ended up 9th I think with a 2'00.2. I think I was a little too conservative with my driving on the first couple of laps, dropping back to 12th and soon after 13th after Jono got past. Got settled in and ended up slightly catching Bond for the next few laps, before I began to drop back again.
    Pitted lap 14 from memory onto the softs, and spent the remainder of the race trying to catch those on the opposite strategy, ended up making the pass on Pringles at Vale and soon after Alfa at Arena, but Bond was catching me at a rapid rate. He ended up making the move at Copse, we went side-by-side on the final lap, I ran just wide enough to keep my inside tyres on the curb, great battle mate.
    Crossed the line in 6th position, had a really enjoyable time for my first ROOZ race.
    Well done to Rotor on the victory! Looking forward to round two at Tokyo!
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I should have this sorted by tonight guys.....stay tuned...
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Yeah good on you man for an excellent 1st race. Thought I had you there! Really enjoyed battling with you. Look forward to more encounters throughout the season. :thumbsup:

And what can I say, the choice to start on softs or hards, what a masterstroke! Has really livened up sunday league. Also, having an almost full room made certain the race was anything but boring. Having started on hards, it was awesome once switching to softs and reeling in some of the boys who where wrestling with the hard compound toward the end of the race.

Well done Stu and all others involved with organising season 5.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, couple of things.....Well done on round 1, from the reports looked like a cracker race.

1. the protest for round 1 has been finalized. Beau has agreed to a penalty of 10 seconds added to his overall race time for exceeding track limits. This changes his finishing position to 7th, @emmo46 will make the adjustments in the tables (please). In looking at the info available to me exceeding the limits a little too often did require a penalty. A drive through was a little harsh, so it was agreed 10 seconds was suitable.

2. The number of laps has been adjusted for round 2, from 34 to 31. This will bring the race closer to 50 mins and also makes a 1 or 2 stop strategy viable still.

3. After doing a few prac races last night, this will be a bloody tough round, and the walls dont give much room if anybody ballses something up.....The kink in the front straight is tough (almost impossible actually) to get past through side by side so i am going to adopt a policy of "the car in front has the line" through there (like the chase at Bathurst). This will be a defining factor if i need to look at any protests at that part of the track. There is a much greater chance here of rear ending the car in front given brake markers are hidden due to the nature of the street circuit.....Am sure you div 1 guys will have it sorted by Sunday ;)

Cheers Stu
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    [​IMG]
    My first Division 1B Win and Top 5!!! Aaaaaand its gone..... its a shame but i breached the rules and have to pay the consequences :( Looking forward to Tokyo already where if you track extend, your in concrete!
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Why can't I get this car to turn, I'm watching everyone else drive and the car turns in a lot better then it does for me.
    I'm this close to calling it quits on this game all together, I'm not enjoying it anywhere as much as I use to.
    Mustafur and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Its all in the braking the car won't turn if the front is fully loaded.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Theres a point in the steering where it just decides to not steer anymore, the key is to not turn the wheel soo much.
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

ok i will take these pointers on for my next session only 1.5 seconds to find
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated with points table for 1 and 1a (1b waiting on confirmation of FL)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    1b was Beau (unless that was a penalised lap), otherwise it was me.
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    My FL was slightly wide, but my 2nd fastest lap was like half a tenth off and was legit so im fairly certain i win FL
  18. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Where's my point for trying to race?:(
    like it'll make a difference to anything. Drop round.
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yes, @Hatfield tb should be on 1 point.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID